Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama

Go down 
+26
Verandering
Maximilia
Somath Cegem
Owlish
littledorrit
TheHedonist
Lapin
Notanoni
CaptainMcNeil
Soylent Green
Jay/Cris
lemmingwriter
Salamas
Saleha
rae
Jesus.
Lady Anne
Rabid Badger
Drabbler
Sakurelf
Nihilist
Lurv
grmblfjx
Howithurts
Penguin
Reepicheep-chan
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:28 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Owlish wrote:
One way to detect a hipster is if their glasses have lenses in them. Cool I shit you not, I sat next to one girl in philosophy class who for an entire semester wore the Buddy Holly style frames with no lenses in them. And yet she was constantly readjusting them, sliding them down her nose to read fine print, pushing them back up in true poindexter fashion like she actually needed them to read the board. It was all a very carefully practiced act. I often had a fleeting urge to throw my pen cap through one of her nonexistent frames just to see what would happen.
Well that is stupid. She should have gotten clear sunglasses; that is what I do. You can get clear lenses put in any Costco frame for free last I checked.

But then no one could clearly see how ironic she was being by wearing useless frames. Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 961878

Yeah
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Ooh, Chucks. I actually don't find them that comfortable but I love them anyway. 'Cause I'm silly. My main problem with them, though, is that I can't decide what kind I prefer. Black is nice and neutral but I also like red etc.

Er... But yes, you usually get what you pay for. When it comes to chucks, I had mine for at least a couple of years before they got too worn out for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:38 pm

My last pair were green high-tops, with pink piping. I have charcoal low-tops now, and a pair of sparkly pink low-tops that were totally a present shutupIlovethem.

TBF, my old pair had holes. I just loved them so much, and couldn't bear throwing them away. Then when I was visiting my grandma, she saw them (They were my only pair of shoes), and dragged me out to get me a new pair. I do love how they mold to your feet. They're just so comfy.
Back to top Go down
littledorrit
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
littledorrit

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:15 pm

I don't judge people who wear Chucks - if I did, I would have no friends. Yet I personally do not like them. The seams irritate my feet and the presence of non-supporting fabric around my ankles is disconcerting. I mostly wear running shoes, those backless athletic-casual shoes, or close-toe wedges.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:43 pm

See, I don't like all that support-stuff. I hate it actually. It makes my feet feel smothered.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Owlish wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Owlish wrote:
One way to detect a hipster is if their glasses have lenses in them. Cool I shit you not, I sat next to one girl in philosophy class who for an entire semester wore the Buddy Holly style frames with no lenses in them. And yet she was constantly readjusting them, sliding them down her nose to read fine print, pushing them back up in true poindexter fashion like she actually needed them to read the board. It was all a very carefully practiced act. I often had a fleeting urge to throw my pen cap through one of her nonexistent frames just to see what would happen.
Well that is stupid. She should have gotten clear sunglasses; that is what I do. You can get clear lenses put in any Costco frame for free last I checked.

But then no one could clearly see how ironic she was being by wearing useless frames. Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 961878

Yeah

As someone who's worn glasses because they HAD to from fourth grade on (and the lenses have gotten progressively thicker as I get older and my astigmatism worsens) the idea of wearing glasses to be 'ironic' makes me want to rage. I can't even wear contacts, and I'm blind as a bat with my glasses off, and this twit was wearing them because she thought it made her look cool? Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 309696
Back to top Go down
littledorrit
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
littledorrit

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:00 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
As someone who's worn glasses because they HAD to from fourth grade on (and the lenses have gotten progressively thicker as I get older and my astigmatism worsens) the idea of wearing glasses to be 'ironic' makes me want to rage. I can't even wear contacts, and I'm blind as a bat with my glasses off, and this twit was wearing them because she thought it made her look cool? Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 309696

One of my once-very-close-now-mostly-Facebook friends is becoming a shithead.

I know this because he is wearing fake glasses in his profile pic. Giant fake glasses. With electric blue frames.

And he has Lady Gaga tattoos.

Lady Gaga tattoos plural. Plus facial piercings. And he's preoccupied with Glee in a way I suspect is not entirely genuine - it's all very sudden, very "Look at how gay I am, everybody!!!"

I haz a sad fur humanitee. Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 724940
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:12 am

I do not really get why wearing fake glasses is so upsetting. I mean, I think glasses are hot as hell, why not wear them like an accessory?
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:39 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
I do not really get why wearing fake glasses is so upsetting. I mean, I think glasses are hot as hell, why not wear them like an accessory?

I have to wear glasses to function in society, these guys do it to look cool and for no other reason, this upsets me, any further questions?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:30 pm

I suppose the glasses fetish is a lot more common than the leg-brace-and-crutches fetish.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Somath wrote:
any further questions?
Yeah. Would you rather no one wear glasses needlessly because they think they are ugly nerd badges like in 80s movies? And then make fun of you for looking like a dork? I would think glasses being thought of as cool would be much better for people who had to wear them, since it makes them cool and all.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Somath wrote:
any further questions?
Yeah. Would you rather no one wear glasses needlessly because they think they are ugly nerd badges like in 80s movies? And then make fun of you for looking like a dork? I would think glasses being thought of as cool would be much better for people who had to wear them, since it makes them cool and all.
Think of it this way, I need these to live, and there are days, especially when I just can't find the bloody things that I curse my poor eyesight down the seven black hells and just wish I could live without glasses.
If these guys cannot find their glasses, they are not inconvenienced in the slightest and just carry on as normal.
Sure if you need glasses then get some pretty ones if you want, but if you don't need them fuck off pretending that you do, cause all it feel like from over here is you rubbing it in that you get a choice and we don't.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 pm

...kinda like how pretending to be hobos for your wedding is a bit inconsiderate towards hobos, maybe.

e: someone with glasses can be really hot, but if someone wore glasses they don't even need in an attempt to appear hot or cool or w/e, they'd be too desperate for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Ok, I wear glasses too, but I don't see the point of being all "OMFG PEOPLE ARE WEARING GLASSES THAT DON'T NEED THEM!!!1!" and being all butthurt over it. That girl wearing glasses without lenses is ridiculous and should be mocked, especially since she obviously spent time practicing how to 'maneuver' them to look like she needed them (and since she could probably afford to, you know, put glass in them but was obviously too stupid to think of that). That's hysterical. People do far crazier stuff to try and be attractive.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Maximilia wrote:
Ok, I wear glasses too, but I don't see the point of being all "OMFG PEOPLE ARE WEARING GLASSES THAT DON'T NEED THEM!!!1!" and being all butthurt over it. That girl wearing glasses without lenses is ridiculous and should be mocked, especially since she obviously spent time practicing how to 'maneuver' them to look like she needed them (and since she could probably afford to, you know, put glass in them but was obviously too stupid to think of that). That's hysterical. People do far crazier stuff to try and be attractive.

This. I wear glasses. I can function withou them, but I can't read without them and I get a blinding headache if I go without. People wearing glasses just for fashion amuses me, I don't see the point of getting offended.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Most of what makes me want to smack the chick is that she's acting as if she needs them, and then doesn't get lenses in them. For fuck's sake, at least get the lenses that automatically adjust to light levels so that they are functional.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:06 pm

rae wrote:
Most of what makes me want to smack the chick is that she's acting as if she needs them, and then doesn't get lenses in them. For fuck's sake, at least get the lenses that automatically adjust to light levels so that they are functional.

*So glad* I'm not the only one who experiences violent urges in response to this girl (woohoo internet validation! Razz ) Eh, she claimed that she did require actualfax prescription glasses, but the only ones I ever saw her in were sans lenses. And she could have easily afforded the best fucking prescription lenses money can buy, so...

Jay/Cris wrote:
I have to admit: I have absolutely no idea what a hipster is. Is this, like, an American thing, or am I just being clueless? I know people who dress alternatively and cheaply, but they're all students, so they generally do not have any money anyway.

Possibly relevant: Look at this fucking hipster
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Here's a satire...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Notanoni
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Notanoni

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Jesus. wrote:
Maximilia wrote:

This. I wear glasses. I can function withou them, but I can't read without them and I get a blinding headache if I go without. People wearing glasses just for fashion amuses me, I don't see the point of getting offended.

Agreed.

It's not that offensive, or if it is offensive, then it's a very common type of offensive.

Everything done for fashion is kind of unneeded; that's the definition of fashion. Picking on unneeded glasses seems kind of hypocritical unless you're going to also pick on everything that people do for fashion alone.

(Picking for being ugly, silly or damaging is another thing altogether.)
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm also vaguely annoyed at the hipster glasses thing because I like thick framed librarian-esque glasses. Always have, starting with my Birth Control Glasses back in Basic. This leads to hipsters babbling at me about music, as if I know what the fuck they are talking about (easy way to scare them off: say you non-ironically love Godsmack, Lady Gaga, and My Little Ponies). A mild annoyance, but an annoyance all the same.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Wear glasses, have my whole life, blind as shit without them and astigmatism and so on.

Glasses are kind of annoying, so I don't get why someone would even want them as a fashion accessory unless they served a sunglasses purpose or something, but what do I know. I have -7.25 in both eyes, with my left progressing faster down the shithole than my right. My glasses get knocked off, and I can't function until I find and put them back on.

Lenses are also annoying to clean. Maybe that's why she didn't put lenses in there.
Stupid to pretend you actually need it though, if you're just doing it for the aesthetic.

Edit:

Lady Anne wrote:
Here's a satire...
OH GOD WHY
WHYYY
NOOO MY LIFE
I. I CAN'T STOP CLICKING NEXT.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Verandering wrote:
Glasses are kind of annoying, so I don't get why someone would even want them as a fashion accessory unless they served a sunglasses purpose or something, but what do I know. I have -7.25 in both eyes, with my left progressing faster down the shithole than my right. My glasses get knocked off, and I can't function until I find and put them back on.
Same here. I have to have corrective lenses to function. There's a historical play I take part in each spring that I'm not allowed to wear my modern glasses in, so I follow a brightly clad fellow actress around and let her be my eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:31 pm

-10.0 in my left eye, -10.5 in my right.

I win.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:32 pm

I think I look better with glasses. But I only use mine for computer screens or when I need the fine detail, because glasses are annoying even if they're not getting rained on.
Back to top Go down
Nihilist
Serial Troll
Serial Troll
Nihilist

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm not supposed to drive without my glasses. My peripheral vision sucks and my astigmatism makes it so that everything is leaning. I have poor depth perception without them.

Pretty much is why I suck at sports hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama   Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hipsters and Their Fucking Drama
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next