Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson

Go down 
+11
lemmingwriter
Sarin
Drabbler
EileenK98
Lady Anne
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rabid Badger
Notanoni
Chris91
rachel
Spotts1701
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

"Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson Empty
PostSubject: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:31 am

Link

Quote :
A Florida woman whose anti-government husband and stepson died last year in a shootout with Arkansas police officers says her loved ones suffered "torture killings" and wants authorities to pay her restitution in the form of gold, according to a lawsuit.

Jerry Kane, 45, and his son, Joseph, 16, died in West Memphis last May after the teen fatally shot two police officers near a highway exit ramp. Video from a dashboard camera of a police SUV showed the teen firing an AK-47 at the officers during a traffic stop before he and his father got back into their van and drove away, leaving the officers for dead. The two were killed about 90 minutes later in a shootout with authorities at a Walmart parking lot.

Now there's logic for you - her husband and stepson gunned down two police officers, engaged in a shootout with police...and yet she's the victim.

Quote :
His widow, Donna Lee Wray-Kane, filed the lawsuit Tuesday seeking damages for their deaths. In the suit, she specifies how the money should be paid: "gold at $38 dollars per troy ounce." Sovereign citizens believe the nation went bankrupt when it abandoned the gold standard.

Now, gold is currently trading at about $1,500 per troy ounce. So $450,000 (based on the 3 claims as outlined here), at $38/oz = 11,842 oz. On the open market, that much gold is worth around $17 million. I'd call it highway robbery, but even highway robbers aren't that brazen.

Quote :
Wray-Kane, who has denied that her husband and stepson were sovereign citizens, alleges that their civil rights were violated and that their deaths were "torture killings." In her suit filed in the Middle District of Florida, she cites the "Constitutions of Florida and Arkansas and for the united states of America" and ticks off numbers of sections and clauses, including one that deals with piracies and felonies committed on the high seas.

In other words, the usual nonsensical ravings that any "sovereign citizen" uses when being hauled before a court. I really hope a lawyer didn't help her with this, because if so someone needs to be before the Ethics Committee explaining why they shouldn't be disciplined.

Quote :
A federal judge in Tampa, Fla., said Wednesday the lawsuit lacks any facts to back up her claim and threatened to throw it out if she doesn't say why she's entitled to damages by May 2.

Facts? Facts? We don't need no stinking facts!
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:

Now there's logic for you - her husband and stepson gunned down two police officers, engaged in a shootout with police...and yet she's the victim.

She is a victim--a victim of the Sovereign Citizens Movement's nutty theories. It's too bad she's too ignorant, dumb or crazy to see who her real enemy is.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Anybody here have a link to more info on the movement?
Back to top Go down
Notanoni
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Notanoni

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Chris91 wrote:

Is it this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Great. Just when I think I've plumbed the depths of batshit insanity, someone adds a new sub-basement.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Question: Is it even possible to ask for a monetary judgment in the form of gold? Even assuming they'll figure out how much to give you by using the current Dollar per Unit of Weight rate, is that possible?
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:46 am

Notanoni wrote:
Chris91 wrote:

Is it this?

Yeah, I think it is. Muchas gracias for the tip.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Notanoni wrote:
Chris91 wrote:

Is it this?

And I thought the tea partiers were batshit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Great. Just when I think I've plumbed the depths of batshit insanity, someone adds a new sub-basement.

I'm surprised they haven't dug through to China by now.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:47 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't dug through to China by now.
After the halfway point, you're not getting deeper anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sarin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sarin

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:16 pm

I wonder if the families of the murdered officers can sue this bitch for wrongful death. That would be great.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Notanoni wrote:
Chris91 wrote:

Is it this?

And I thought the tea partiers were batshit.

My mother was working on research on the Sovereign Citizens movement recently. David Wynn Miller is a good start, but it quickly turns into a spider-web of connections upon connections upon batshit-insane threads. SC members are all over the place (including state and local government and law enforcement positions), they're connected in some threads to some white supremacist groups, and I believe her research turned up that the guy involved in the Gabrielle Giffords shooting was connected to the Sovereign Citizens as well. David Wynn Miller may disavow the connection, but there's a strong possibility of a connection to one of the existing subgroups (which could likely happen without Miller's knowledge).

The sheer scope of Sovereign Citizens and affiliates is enough to make you go Shocked .
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:25 am

Sarin wrote:
I wonder if the families of the murdered officers can sue this bitch for wrongful death. That would be great.

They can certainly try...and I'm hoping they take Donna Lee Wray-Kane for every cent she's got.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Sarin wrote:

They can certainly try...and I'm hoping they take Donna Lee Wray-Kane for every cent she's got.
Yeah, because she's the one who killed them. Dumbfucks.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:57 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Sarin wrote:

Yeah, because she's the one who killed them. Dumbfucks.
Yeah, pretty much this.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 am

Oh come on, this woman obviously isn't crazy. She knows damn well what she's pulling.

She just wants that goddamn gold.

I mean, with the value of gold the way it is... why didn't she ask for cash? Or a cheque? Because she can make the gold worth more.

Nobody's crazy here. This woman is just a bitch, and a greedy, conniving one at that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:09 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Oh come on, this woman obviously isn't crazy. She knows damn well what she's pulling.

She just wants that goddamn gold.

I mean, with the value of gold the way it is... why didn't she ask for cash? Or a cheque? Because she can make the gold worth more.

Nobody's crazy here. This woman is just a bitch, and a greedy, conniving one at that.

Because the Sovereign Citizen group probably believes the US dollar is worthless because the Fed is some big, evil conspiracy or something.

It's a pretty common belief among right wing political extremists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson   "Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson Empty

Back to top Go down

"Sovereign Citizen" widow sues police for killing him, stepson
Page 1 of 1