Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse

Go down 
+7
KelinciHutan
Lexin
Lapin
your mom
TheIan
Jesus.
Rabid Badger
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse Empty
PostSubject: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Damn. First the Brig, and now Sarah Jane.

Dr. Who Star Elisabeth Sladen Dies After Battle with Cancer

Quote :
Doctor Who actress Elisabeth Sladen has died following a battle with cancer. She was 63.

The Liverpool-born star, who played the Doctor's assistant Sarah Jane Smith since the Seventies, passed away yesterday morning after suffering from the illness for some time.

The BBC confirmed her death in a statement: 'It is with much sadness that we can announce Elisabeth Sladen, the much-loved actress best known for her role as Sarah Jane Smith in Doctor Who and CBBC's The Sarah Jane Adventures, passed away this morning. She was 63.'

Apparently, a good many people,including her close friends, weren't even aware she was battling cancer.

Quote :
She joined the cast of Doctor Who in 1973 playing the assistant to Jon Pertwee's incarnation as the Time Lord.

Sladen remained on the BBC show for a further three and a half seasons, continuing to assist the Doctor in his next incarnation as Tom Baker, before leaving in 1976.

As one of the most popular Dr Who assistants ever, the character of Sarah Jane was brought back for the new series, appearing alongside David Tennant.

Sladen is survived by her actor husband of 42 years, Brian Miller, and their actress daughter Sadie.

She was my first companion when I started watching Dr. Who, at the end of Jon Pertwee's run, and I remember being impressed by how she wasn't the usual helpless 'damsel in distress' type females I was used to seeing on American TV. Sarah Jane was smart, and always kept her head about her, even when the Doctor (particularly Four) seemed about to lose his.

She also has the honor of being the only companion to get her own series-The Sarah Jane Adventures, which ran for four seasons on BBC.

RIP, Lis. You will be missed

Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:12 pm

I saw this on FB. Poor girl. Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse 309696 Guess K-9 and Mr Smith will have to find a new mistress.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Oh god!

Well that just ruins my week!

She was the first companion I actually came to like! Seeing her in School Reunion was an amazing trip back! No! Not fair!

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:57 am

Jesus. wrote:
I saw this on FB. Poor girl. Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse 309696 Guess K-9 and Mr Smith will have to find a new mistress.

And who's going to raise Luke? I think he's a still a little young to be living on his own. I wonder if 11 could use another companion?
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:05 am

RIP, Ms. Sladen. I was sad to hear about it earlier today. She made Sarah Jane wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:17 am

But...but...(Bottom lip quivers) NO! Not Sarah Jane!
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:35 am

Lapin wrote:
But...but...(Bottom lip quivers) NO! Not Sarah Jane!
My bottom lip significantly quivered, too. I always wanted to grow up to be Sarah Jane. Part of me has never quite relinquished the dream.

Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:18 pm

I managed not to cry until I saw the tribute from DorkTower

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm really gonna miss her.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:02 pm

She was all of 3 years older than my mum is, excuse me, I think I have something in my eye.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:18 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:

And now you've got me crying. Poor k-9.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Found this via a Dreamwidth Doctor Who Community. A tribute to Sarah Jane, and I love the idea behind it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:57 am

Oh... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Vanilla-villa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Vanilla-villa

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Such sad news... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:

And now you've got me crying. Poor k-9.

*SNIFFLE!* Me too.
Back to top Go down
http://jocelyncs.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse   Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse Empty

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Death in the Whoniverse
Page 1 of 1