Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Death Penalty for Gays

Go down 
+17
Spooky
Lysander
Psy-4
grmblfjx
Miss Prince
Sorsa A. Jänis
Lexin
unskilled78
Root Admin
Sloth
Mikey Go WOOGA
frostflowers
Narwhal
Penguin
theweirdkind
Mafiosa
Kateness
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kateness

Kateness

Death Penalty for Gays Empty
PostSubject: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:58 am

Link

Some might call this extreme.

Quote :
Anyone who "aids, abets, counsels or procures another to engage of acts
of homosexuality" faces seven years in prison if convicted. Landlords
who rent rooms or homes to homosexuals also could get seven years and
anyone with "religious, political, economic or social authority" who
fails to report anyone violating the act faces three years.
Just to make sure that all the bases are covered

Quote :
"The youths in secondary schools copy everything from the Western world
and America," said high school teacher David Kisambira. "A good number
of students have been converted into gays. We hear there are groups of
people given money by some gay organizations in developed countries to
recruit youth into gay activities."
I know this is what fundie Christians think, but that doesn't make it true.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 pm

You could at least tell us it's in Uganda, I was trying to figure out how Texas managed to do this.

Edit: Not only that, it's just a proposal, the law hasn't actually been instated.

Colbert
Back to top Go down
Kateness

Kateness

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Makes for a more enticing thing to click on when you don't add all the qualifiers, though
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Kateness wrote:
Makes for a more enticing thing to click on when you don't add all the qualifiers, though

You realize no one here actually reads articles, right.
Back to top Go down
Kateness

Kateness

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Kateness wrote:
Yep.

...Clever girl. Death Penalty for Gays 611762
Back to top Go down
Kateness

Kateness

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:21 pm

Just because I've got less than a dozen posts doesn't mean I haven't lurked at nearly all the various reincarnations of this site. I just rarely have anything clever to say (including now)
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:22 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
You could at least tell us it's in Uganda, I was trying to figure out how Texas managed to do this.
If this was Texas, I would be downtown protesting right now.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Kateness wrote:
Just because I've got less than a dozen posts doesn't mean I haven't lurked at nearly all the various reincarnations of this site. I just rarely have anything clever to say (including now)

I can't tell if I annoyed you or not but my "clever girl" post was intended to be highly approving of your brand of silliness and deception.

10/10.
Back to top Go down
Kateness

Kateness

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm too hungover to be annoyed by/at anything other than the liquor. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(who'd have thought 100 proof meant you shouldn't have 5?)
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Lightweight.
Back to top Go down
Kateness

Kateness

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:36 pm

we can't all be drinking gods, obviously
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:39 pm

I'm not talking godliness. If 5 of anything gives you a hangover you're such a lightweight you could call a feather a fatty and make it feel bad.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Get yourself an avatar and keep posting! We need new posters who aren't retarded.

Quote :
Uganda's ethics minister, James Nsaba Buturo, said the death sentence clause would probably be reviewed but maintained the law was necessary to counter foreign influence. He said homosexuality "is not natural in Uganda," a view echoed by some Ugandans.
You know you live in a shit-hole country when you have an ethics minister.

Quote :
I'm not talking godliness. If 5 of anything gives you a hangover you're such a lightweight you could call a feather a fatty and make it feel bad.
Oh, shut the fuck up Penguin. You don't know exactly how much she had to drink, and even if you did, who cares? You going to challenge her to a Yu-Gi-Oh duel to see who's better at pretending to be a hardass drinker on the internet? You're coming off as a closeted Three Beer Queer.
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Why oh why does this remind me of that time when Ahmadinejad (I think that's how you spell his name) said that there were no homosexuals in Iran?

That aside, Mr Ethics Minister and the people who proposed this law are kind of behind the times - most countries in the world who have the death penalty/long-term prison sentences for homosexuality have had them for some time. Was Uganda simply not invited to the Homophobic Nations United annual barbecue, or what?

Quote :
"I feel that the bill is good and necessary, but I don't think gays
should be killed. They should be imprisoned for about a year and warned
never to do it again. The family is in danger in Uganda because the
rate at which vice is spreading is appalling," said shopkeeper John
Muwanguzi.
... Because it's not like there's an overpopulation problem. Or that forcing homosexuals into marriages with heterosexuals leads to much misery all around.

Also:
Quote :
In South Africa, the only African nation to recognize gay marriage,
gangs carry out so-called "corrective" rapes on lesbians. A 19-year-old
lesbian athlete was gang-raped, tortured and murdered in 2008.
Great going, humanity. I was almost to the point where I could acknowledge there might be hope for you after all, but you just drop-kicked that idea out the window.

Can someone please tell the 18th century to leave the building, please? 'Cause I'm getting sick of how it keeps hanging around and staining the carpets.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Kateness wrote:
I'm too hungover to be annoyed by/at anything other than the liquor. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Like 5 shots or 5 bottles? scratch

And I could see how MAYBE that could give a short, skinny girl some problems if you drank them right in a row. Other than that, you fail basic drinking. Razz

Also, this isn't news. I mean, saying Africa is doing things wrong is like saying the Detroit Lions lost again. Most people just assumed that was the case before you started talking. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:20 pm

What is it about skinny uber-nerds and pretending to be hardcore vodka-pounding alcohol savants over the interbutts?

EDIT: OP's avatar <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
Kateness

Kateness

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Kateness wrote:

And I could see how MAYBE that could give a short, skinny girl some problems if you drank them right in a row. Other than that, you fail basic drinking. Razz
Like, about 20oz of liquor over a period of a couple hours. Also, I am both under 5 feet tall and under 100lbs; don't know if that meets our hypothetical "small person" standards or not. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Trust me, being able to down entire cases of beer, or whole bottles of hard liquor just because you can doesn't mean you should. I've done it. It's not what mainstream society makes it out to be. You won't have more friends or be any less of a basement-dwelling dorkus. It's cool for a good time, but christ it doesn't make a person more awesome. Awesome is innate Death Penalty for Gays 896582
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:18 pm

I foresee the wrath of the UN being brought down upon Uganda should this come to pass. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:28 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
I foresee the wrath of the UN being brought down upon Uganda should this come to pass. Colbert
We can but hope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:31 pm

First of all this sort of thing makes me RAEG. And I whole heartedly agree with Frosty(even though you're a Swede). Being gay gives you some funny glares in Finland where there is nothing illegal with it, but to think that they are plotting things like this somewhere in the world. I also hate how they are about to make a law against gays on urban legends - I would assume that even the most stupid redneck in this world knows that gay doesn't spread like some disease. I guess Uganda is yet another country I'm never gonna move in.

Now every het person in here be aware of me! You might catch the gay!

Angry :explode:

Last edited by Sorsa A. Jänis on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My sigs ;_;)
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:45 pm

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Oh, and this is nice:
Quote :
The measure was proposed in Uganda following a visit by leaders of U.S. conservative Christian ministries that promote therapy for gays to become heterosexual.

To qualify, it goes on to say that at least one of these leaders openly denounces the bill. But god fucking damn it, do you ever think before you pull shit like that? Do you ever pay attention to the damage you cause?

This upsets me so fucking much.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Slothy wrote:
What is it about skinny uber-nerds and pretending to be hardcore vodka-pounding alcohol savants over the interbutts?

Are you calling me a nerd? :redangry:

Kateness wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Kateness wrote:

Like, about 20oz of liquor over a period of a couple hours. Also, I am both under 5 feet tall and under 100lbs; don't know if that meets our hypothetical "small person" standards or not. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No no no. Small people are over 5 feet tall. You're a midget. Death Penalty for Gays 611762
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:19 pm

According to this, her BAC was .11 and the legal limit is .08. I took a stab in the dark and said you were drinking screw drivers because you said "drinks", not "shots". You were probably even more drunk if you were drinking some sugary sweet drink to cover up the taste of Nikolai. And I put the time span at 3 hours, which is reasonable.

So yes, it's reasonable for her to have had a hangover.

/Newbie Knight Mode
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty for Gays   Death Penalty for Gays Empty

Back to top Go down

Death Penalty for Gays
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next