Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.

Go down 
+21
bleachedblackcat
lemmingwriter
Adagio
Trioculus
Soylent Green
Chris91
Cactus Wren
villainy
Sheba
Lady Anne
knightwithoutacause
karmyn31
Rabid Badger
TheHermit
Sakurelf
Miss Misery
Spotts1701
Braigwen
Verandering
OzymandiasBowie
Malganis
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. Empty
PostSubject: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:15 pm

A 91-year-old state representative told a constituent that he believes in eugenics and that the world would be better off without "defective people."

Quote :
Barrington Republican Martin Harty told Sharon Omand, a Strafford resident who manages a community mental health program, that "the world is too populated" and there are "too many defective people," according to an e-mail account of the conversation by Omand. Asked what he meant, she said Harty clarified, "You know the mentally ill, the retarded, people with physical disabilities and drug addictions - the defective people society would be better off without."

Hey, I think that was tried back in the 1920 and 1930s by pretty much everyone. It ended up giving us a bunch of angry people who were surgically butchered and made sterile without their knowledge or consent. Oh, and it was also a precursor to the Holocaust.

Quote :
Harty said nature has a way of "getting rid of stupid people," and "now we're saving everyone who gets born."

So this guy wants us to be like the Romans and just dump unwanted babies out on the public garbage heaps to die of exposure and thirst.

So much for life being sacred amirite? Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. 961878

Quote :
Harty's conversation with Omand became public at a hearing on the state budget yesterday when Laurie McCray, a registered nurse and board member of the Disability Rights Center, read Omand's account to the House Finance Committee. Afterward, McCray said she wanted people to know about the representative - whom she did not identify publicly - because he "didn't deserve to represent people in New Hampshire."

In an interview and in an e-mail Omand sent to her friends, Omand said she called Harty, who represents her district, to tell him her concerns about the House Finance Committee's proposed cuts to mental health services. Omand said Harty said he disagreed with her and made the comments about eugenics.

Omand says Harty then stated, "I wish we had a Siberia so we could ship them all off to freeze to death and die and clean up the population."

Omand said Harty appeared to be serious. After Omand responded that his idea sounded like what Adolf Hitler did in World War II, Omand said Harty responded, "Hitler did something right, and I agree with (it)."

Now, now, Hitler didn't go about shipping off the "undesirables" to Siberia. This guy isn't a Nazi... he's just more like Stalin, who actually probably killed more people than Hitler, anyway.

Quote :
Harty, a first-term representative, wrote a letter to Foster's Daily Democrat last month stating, "So far I really don't know what I'm doing. . . . A new Rep really needs a coach along with him at first but there is no room for anyone to sit with him, and no way they could holler at him in a committee meeting.

"The few votes I've made so far I really didn't know what I was voting for or against," his letter said. "Just looked at the people around me and went along with them."

Great, so he not only thinks we should murder the disabled, ill, and poor of our nation, but he is possibly literally senile and mentally incompetent himself to hold the office he now has! How the FUCK was this man elected?!

Quote :
House Speaker William O'Brien said in a statement that he does not endorse Harty's comments but respects "his longstanding commitment to protect the values we cherish."

So one of those values is killing everyone who's weaker and more unfortunate than you? Good to know. Actually, with that logic, we should start killing off the old folks first, then the mentally disabled, the poor, the chronically ill, the drug addicts...

One-way tickets to Siberia, anyone?
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:20 pm

I love how some people think I should die because I had the audacity to be born in full renal failure.

Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Quote :
Harty, a first-term representative, wrote a letter to Foster's Daily Democrat last month stating, "So far I really don't know what I'm doing. . . . A new Rep really needs a coach along with him at first but there is no room for anyone to sit with him, and no way they could holler at him in a committee meeting.

This sounds like an invitation for gay sex from someone who is used to such a thing being punished by lynching, and who is also a raging butt virgin.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:55 pm

I was born fucking dead. Not weak. Dead! I was dead for a full five minutes after birth. No heart beat, no breathing, do not pass Go, do not collect your pension!

So this ass-whipe wants to say that the doctor who did his best to resuscitate me was in the wrong?

Come say that to my face and we will see who gets culled from the herd!
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Perhaps Mr. Harty should be careful about saying people should be shipped to Siberia.

After all, someone may decide that 91-year-old state representatives are a drain on society.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:43 pm

I've had good old-fashioned depression my entire life. Nice to know this clown thinks I should have been thrown out with the trash when I was born so I wouldn't be "drain to society". Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm all for getting rid of all the stupid people in the world, but does he realise just how many BOOKS that would involve? Yeegads.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:16 pm

I wish to point out this dickhead is not from my District, and I did not vote for him. Also

Quote :
Republican

Like I keep saying, they are scum.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
I've had good old-fashioned depression my entire life. Nice to know this clown thinks I should have been thrown out with the trash when I was born so I wouldn't be "drain to society". Rolling Eyes

This. And in my case, there appears to be a genetic component, since my mother, at least two of my siblings, as well as my sons, assorted cousins, and various nieces and nephews suffer from it.

So my whole family would get culled, despite most of us being on medication, holding down jobs, and functioning perfectly well.

I really find it hard to believe this guy thinks that if you get elected, there's someone who's going to hold your hand and walk you through the process of being an elected official. I agree with him possibly suffering from early-onset Alzheimers (And should we cull Alzheimer's patients as well? I mean, as the disease advances, they require constant care and become a drain on society.)
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Okay, I'm a triple whammy here. Physical disability, mental health issues, and poor. Sorry I'm a drain on society. Sorry the government has to pay me a pttance so I can survive. The majority of which goes to pay rent.
Sorry, but I think we know who the real undesierable is here.
Back to top Go down
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:04 pm

I know what you mean. It was my own fault for being born with a paralyzed digestive system. Oh, and my own fault that I developed PTSD from doctor and physical abuse. Do forgive me for daring to survive each day.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
I really find it hard to believe this guy thinks that if you get elected, there's someone who's going to hold your hand and walk you through the process of being an elected official. I agree with him possibly suffering from early-onset Alzheimers (And should we cull Alzheimer's patients as well? I mean, as the disease advances, they require constant care and become a drain on society.)
If he's got Alzheimer's, it isn't early-onset. The guy's 91.

Quote :
Barrington Republican Martin Harty told Sharon Omand, a Strafford resident who manages a community mental health program, that "the world is too populated" and there are "too many defective people," according to an e-mail account of the conversation by Omand.
I agree that the world population is too high, but this sure as hell isn't the way to reduce it. Sex ed, readily available birth control, universal education, and equal rights for women are the way to go. Not this eugenics bullshit.

Quote :
"In our committee . . . he is constantly confused, easily swayed, hard of hearing, and prone to offer up unrelated commentary or go off on unrelated tangents," Richardson said.
How the hell did this guy get elected? He sounds senile...and this is a first-time representative. He wasn't elected because of name recognition. Actually, he should be grateful to the imbeciles of his district--without them, he wouldn't have a job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:47 pm

If we're going to start reducing the population via eugenics, what say we start with all the old doddering senile dipshits who literally do nothing but make life worse for everyone around them?

Y'know, like this guy. Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. 961878
Back to top Go down
villainy

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:08 am

Well, presumably, in his mind, he wouldn't be culled as a reward for introducing the whole system. Like, if you provide something huge for society, maybe you get an immunity totem? Like on Survivor.

Also I find it a tad humorous that many people on this site say (jokingly) UGH THESE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BREED or something of the sort, then express outrage at the concept of selective sterilization. I'm aware that there's a difference between joking about eugenics and actually being in favor of it, though.

And hey, don't hate on selective breeding; many of your beloved fruits, flowers and pets were created with eugenics. But feel free to hate on the selective breeding/murder/involuntary sterilization/forced abortion of humans, yeah. Or murder of anything (euthanizing cats and dogs that aren't up to breed standard pisses me off).
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:46 am

karmyn31 wrote:
Okay, I'm a triple whammy here. Physical disability, mental health issues, and poor. Sorry I'm a drain on society. Sorry the government has to pay me a pttance so I can survive. The majority of which goes to pay rent.
Sorry, but I think we know who the real undesierable is here.
Oh, but like all monies paid to disabled people, that's money entirely wasted. I'm sure that you go to your fireplace and burn every {currency unit} that's squandered on you. It couldn't possibly be that you INSERT EVERY COIN GIVEN YOU DIRECTLY BACK INTO YOUR COMMUNITY'S ECONOMY, could it?

Sorry. But that's something a lot of people seem not to realize: that if you work for (or own) a supermarket, or a laundromat, or the electric company, or the phone company, or the public-transit company, or an ISP, or if you're a landlord, that money -- SSI, disability pensions, or other disbursements to the elderly and the disabled -- pays YOUR salary. As an old net.friend of mine once put it:

Swan wrote:
All, right, I am fucking SORRY that I cost the Holy Taxpayer (did I
mention that taxes get taken OUT of my Social security payments?) the
horrible sum of $610.00 a month. I didn't exactly CHOOSE to be blind!
And yes, I COULD kill myself, but I'm JUST selfish enough to want to
stay alive! Well, fuck me with something sharp!!

By the way... what do you think HAPPENS to that $610.00 I get from the
government? Huh? Do I burn the check? Do I take the dollar bills and
flush them down the john? Bury them in my yard? eat them?

Do you own a store? The groceries I *buy* from YOU are PAID for with
that Social security check!
Do you have a laundromat? Many people on Social security use part of
their checks to wash their clothes. The management of the place we live
gets OVER HALF my Social Security EACH MONTH, directly BACK into
circulation! My Social Security goes to the telephone company, to the
Safeway supermarket, to the electric company, the bus company, the vet,
the neighborhood! TO YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:39 am

Exactly. I pay my rent to my mother who uses it to pay bills and buy groceries. What I have left over is used to buy essentials. Like books and toliet paper.
I would love to be able to be well enough to have a job or go back to school. I wanted to be a teacher.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:14 am

Malganis wrote:
A 91-year-old state representative told a constituent that he believes in eugenics and that the world would be better off without "defective people."

This is one of those very rare occasions when I wish I lived in New Hampshire instead of Massachusetts....then I could help vote this bastard out of office. Angry

But since I don't live in New Hampshire, I'll settle for doing the next best thing and rooting for his opponent in the next election to beat him by the biggest possible landslide.
Back to top Go down
Soylent Green
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Soylent Green

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:37 am

Chris91 wrote:
This is one of those very rare occasions when I wish I lived in New Hampshire instead of Massachusetts....then I could help vote this bastard out of office. Angry

That's okay. Michelle Bachmann thinks they're the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:37 pm

So I've heard. Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. 611762
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Quote :
Republican

Quote :
How the hell did this guy get elected? He sounds senile...and this is a first-time representative

My guess, this guy rode into office on the Teabagger wave. He sounds only half a step ahead of what a lot of them sure act like they think anyway, but till have just enough sense not to say it in public.

I was raised to respect my elders, so I really wouldn't stick my artificial leg up this guy's ass. It'd probably get stuck anyway.

Edit:

(NH) GOP House member resigns after mental illness remarks

Quote :
CONCORD – Rep. Martin Harty, a Barrington Republican, has resigned after he drew fire for remarks on mental illness and population control.

Harty, who turns 92 this month, came into spotlight after telling a constituent during a phone call that he thought the best treatment for mental illness would be a one-way trip to Siberia.

He also said population control and mental illness could be controlled with eugenics, a form of genetic engineering commonly associated with Hitler's Germany.

Harty apologized in his letter to Speaker of the House William O'Brien, , citing "slightly unfavorable publicity" over his remarks. "Sorry my big mouth caused this furor," he said.O'Brien said in a brief announcement that Harty's seat will become vacant Tuesday after his letter of resignation is read to the House of Representatives. He said he will ask for a special election to fill the vacancy.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Well that was fast.

But hey, cool! A happy ending!
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Trioculus wrote:
I was raised to respect my elders, so I really wouldn't stick my artificial leg up this guy's ass. It'd probably get stuck anyway.

*wrinkled nose* Probably stink to high hell after you pulled it back out again. I can loan you a crutch for a good smacking-things stick, though. A swift knock to the ankles works amazingly well at getting one's point across. I have two, and it's like Sesame Street always told us--it's more fun when you share. :-D
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:18 am

Meh, in his day stuff like this was common. He's just thinking that he's in the 1940's again.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:55 am

Adagio wrote:
Well that was fast.

But hey, cool! A happy ending!

Good riddance to bad rubbish, say I.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Lady Anne wrote:

I agree that the world population is too high, but this sure as hell isn't the way to reduce it. Sex ed, readily available birth control, universal education, and equal rights for women are the way to go. Not this eugenics bullshit.

Had this man's comments included anything about birth control, or allowing women to abort fetuses who are possibly "defective," I bet money there would have been an outcry from his fellow Republicans. Bringing reproductive rights into the discussion is crazy talk, but advocating good ol' eugenics, that just gets you a slap on the wrist these days.

Good to see that he resigned, but seconding how the hell he got elected in the first place...I can't imagine what kind of campaign this guy would run...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.   Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor. Empty

Back to top Go down

Senile state representative advocates annihilating the mentally ill, disabled, and poor.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next