Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions

Go down 
+25
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mikey Go WOOGA
tachikoma01
TheHermit
Penguin
WD40
Cyberwulf
Ceres
Miss Prince
bleachedblackcat
spoonhead75
KelinciHutan
Manny
The Unoriginal
Somath Cegem
ZoZo
Delcat
Rabid Badger
Lysander
Chaltab
Lady Anne
Anathema
Saleha
Keith Fraser
Mafiosa
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions Empty
PostSubject: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Sarah Palin has some explaining to do.

Quote :
State Delegate Bob Marshall of Manassas says disabled children are God's punishment to women who have aborted their first pregnancy.

He made that statement Thursday at a press conference to oppose state funding for Planned Parenthood.

"The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children," said Marshall, a Republican.

"THIS IS SCIENCE, PEOPLE"

also why only the first born FUCK YOU JOHNNY-COME-LATELYS

Quote :
Marshall was among more than 20 people, mostly Christian pastors and clergy, who gathered for the press conference in the General Assembly Building.

Quote :
20 people

Damn this was a popular event you think people would love hearing about how their disabled kids are god's way of saying "fuck you"

Quote :
"We are gathered this afternoon to draw attention to the unethical, immoral and racist practices of the largest abortion provider in America," said Dean Nelson, executive director of the Network of Politically Active Christians.
Quote :
racist

wat

Quote :
The petition was signed by a number of prominent Christian leaders, including the Rev. Jonathan Falwell of Lynchburg and the Rev. Pat Robertson of Virginia Beach.

The fuck did clown college get out early that day look at the assholes who showed up to support this shit.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Ah, the right-wing American God. Punishing the innocent for the crimes of liberals and other miscreants since the dawn of time. (See also: New Orleans and its entire population suffered because of teh gay being present at Mardi Gras, American soldiers get blown up because the government tolerates homosexuality, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:43 pm

How 'bout a link?
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Anathema

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 pm

I saw this. It made me rage.

People are being extremely dumb about abortion rights lately. I really hope it's not all because of Lent... people are making my religion look bad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Saleha wrote:
How 'bout a link?

OH FFFFFFFFFFFF thank you

I totally forgot.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:18 pm

My sister has a disabled little boy, and she's never had an abortion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:19 pm

You know, I know the constitution makes it clear that there can be no religious qualifications for running for public office... But can we please make it a law that basic human empathy is a prerequisite?
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Quote :
racist

wat

These people don't (and in fact, can't) understand why decent and unprejudiced people object to things on the ground of prejudice. It's just a ploy. Racism is bad; therefore, accuse bad people of racism to make them look worse.

I'm sure that whatever their reasons for opposing abortion are, "because minorities are being singled-out and victimized due to their race" is nowhere on the list. If anything, the purely cynical nature of the argument reveals a lack of respect for racial sensitivity. Sensitivity obviously being a problem for the individuals in question.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:59 pm

The racist comment is because the argument goes that 'planned parenthood clinics target young black women because they're more likiely to have unwanted pregnancies, and help them become dependent on social services while encouraging them to have unprotected sex without thinking about it... since obviously if abortions aren't freely available they'll be more likely to be cautious about their sex partners.'
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:07 pm

So back before abortions were legal, why did women give birth to disabled kids? Because it's not like the number of disabled children has all of a sudden dramatically jumped in the last 20 years. And if it has, it's because medical technology is improving, thereby keeping some kids alive that would've died. What was God punishing them for then? Besides being women?

Reminds me of something my best friend said when we were in high school. "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be considered a sacrament." It's just another way of trying to cover up their mysogynistic belief that women are intended to be nothing but baby-making machines, and if they don't produce perfect little specimens every time, it's obviously THEIR fault. Because it's not like faulty chromosomes in the sperm can cause kids to be born with physical problems.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
So back before abortions were legal, why did women give birth to disabled kids?
Coat hangers. --OH RIGHT, sorry, I forgot, nobody ever got abortions before they were legalized and that's why we have to outlaw it now. Sorry, where was my head?
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 am

But wait, I thought disabled people were being punished for sins of a past life scratch

What I find interesting about this story is not just the standard religious anti-choice bullshit, but the fact that they are outright saying having a disabled baby is a punishment. How are the parents of disabled babies coping with this? Torches and pitchforks? Or sad resignation that they bought it on themselves for their sin?Razz
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:13 am

Delcat wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Coat hangers. --OH RIGHT, sorry, I forgot, nobody ever got abortions before they were legalized and that's why we have to outlaw it now. Sorry, where was my head?

Silly Del; people have known that certain drugs can induce abortion since ancient times. It's just in the past, before abortion became legal, it was done by back alley butchers and the chances of them making a mistake and ruining you future tries at EVER having a child were usually enough to make most women go through with an unwanted pregnancy and either give up the baby for adoption, or suffer the social stigma of being an unwed mother.

That said, this whole attitude would have made my mother seeth. She spent the last 15 years of her life working with mentally handicapped girls, and once got into a major dust-up with the pastor of our church at the time, who thought that her holding a Sunday School class for them was a waste of time, because they were obviously too stupid to understand anything she was teaching them (she originally started the class because they were being looked after by a friend of her who wanted to come to church, but knew they didn't have the attention span to sit through a 45 minute sermon). She told the Pastor that if that were the case, they might as well do away with the Nursery Class as well, because she didn't think your average two-year-old could really get a good grip on theology, and most of her girls were operating at a much higher level than that.

She would have had harsh words with anyone who suggested their existence was a 'mistake' or punishment for some sort of sin their parents had supposedly committed.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

Silly Del; people have known that certain drugs can induce abortion since ancient times. It's just in the past, before abortion became legal, it was done by back alley butchers and the chances of them making a mistake and ruining you future tries at EVER having a child were usually enough to make most women go through with an unwanted pregnancy and either give up the baby for adoption, or suffer the social stigma of being an unwed mother.

That said, this whole attitude would have made my mother seeth. She spent the last 15 years of her life working with mentally handicapped girls, and once got into a major dust-up with the pastor of our church at the time, who thought that her holding a Sunday School class for them was a waste of time, because they were obviously too stupid to understand anything she was teaching them (she originally started the class because they were being looked after by a friend of her who wanted to come to church, but knew they didn't have the attention span to sit through a 45 minute sermon). She told the Pastor that if that were the case, they might as well do away with the Nursery Class as well, because she didn't think your average two-year-old could really get a good grip on theology, and most of her girls were operating at a much higher level than that.

She would have had harsh words with anyone who suggested their existence was a 'mistake' or punishment for some sort of sin their parents had supposedly committed.

Your mum sounds awesome! I mean, I know most mums are awesome, but yours just seems to have kicked it into high gear.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
if that were the case, they might as well do away with the Nursery Class as well, because she didn't think your average two-year-old could really get a good grip on theology

Yay Rabid Bagder's mom! (I just found out my daughter's kindergarten has religion in its Formative Offer Plan. I'm seething)

How about the other side of the issue? Disabled children are solely a burden in the life of their sinful mothers, not human beings with a personality or aspiration. They are chainballs with a pulse.

Following this logic, God forbid anyone who would ease the weight of divine retribution, like social services, medical assistance and whatnot, right?

I hate people like Bob Marshall and the fucked-up excuse for a god they worship with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns.
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:26 am

My elder brother's autistic, so I'll go ahead and accuse my mother of having a secret abortion after the birth of her firstborn daughter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 am

Lysander wrote:
I'm sure that whatever their reasons for opposing abortion are, "because minorities are being singled-out and victimized due to their race" is nowhere on the list. If anything, the purely cynical nature of the argument reveals a lack of respect for racial sensitivity. Sensitivity obviously being a problem for the individuals in question.
Okay, I'm gonna make one post with one reply to this, and one to the topic. And I'm saying that so that you will all be able to jump on my head if I come back and post in this thread again.

First, yeah, that actually is on the list. Especially with Planned Parenthood, most of their abortion centers are located either in or right next to minority neighborhoods. Over 50% of abortions in Georgia, for example, are black babies. PP will say it's because minorities have unplanned pregnancies at a higher rate than whites. The pro-life movement is skeptical (there's no graphic pictures on that particular page, by the way, or in the video, if anyone is wondering).

On the topic, this statment bothers me for a reason beyond the obvious. Over 90% of prenatal children diagnosed with Down's Syndrome are aborted. I don't know the percentage, but spina bifida, which is surgically correctable in the womb, is something else that's often aborted for. If a disability is supposed to be a punishment, then it's the disabled who are being punished the most, since due to these eugenic abortion practices, they're often not allowed to live.

Also, "anti-choice," Zo? LOL. So, I'm gonna call you "anti-life," 'kay? Thanks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:56 am

Manny wrote:
My elder brother's autistic, so I'll go ahead and accuse my mother of having a secret abortion after the birth of her firstborn daughter.

Aha, but the guy's covered.
Can you ever prove that she was the actual firstborn and there wasn't a secret trip to the clinic before that? Or a quick trick with the coat hanger? Or a pratfall down a flight of stairs before someone even noticed the belly bump? No matter how well hidden your sins are, the power of God almighty will drag them out in the open for all to see.

The only way you could prove this fucktard wrong is to produce a girl who's gotten pregnant right on her first period and has had a disabled firstborn (not that I would ever wish that to happen), and even then, it would not matter because it's useless to argue with these shitheads whose thoughts have been set in concrete somewhere around Jericho in the 3000 BC.

Quote :
Especially with Planned Parenthood, most of their abortion centers are
located either in or right next to minority neighborhoods.
I won't argue the truth of your claim, but if I was ever to weight my choices about keeping or aborting a baby for whatever reason, the distance from the clinic would not affect my decision in the slightest. Perhaps there's some factor I'm not keeping count of?
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:20 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Delcat wrote:
that'sthefuckingjoke.jpeg
The Unoriginal wrote:
They are chainballs with a pulse.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now THAT would get results if women were knocked up with it as punishment. ...I mean, except for me, I would love it even as it gnawed its way out of my gut, but I have issues.
KelinciHutan wrote:
Also, "anti-choice," Zo? LOL. So, I'm gonna call you "anti-life," 'kay? Thanks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You know that the twee laughing smiley only serves to make you even more insufferably smug and you were already pushing the limit, right?
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
spoonhead75
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spoonhead75

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 am

Why exactly do these people call themselves Christians? It sounds like they've never heard or read anything from the New Testament.

What did Jesus die for? Our sins? Except abortions? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:42 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
First, yeah, that actually is on the list. Especially with Planned Parenthood, most of their abortion centers are located either in or right next to minority neighborhoods.

There is a good reason why nobody ever says, "We need to open more abortion centers located in affluent white Christian neighborhoods. Yeah, that'd be safe."
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:51 am

So all the people I know who would never, ever think of having an abortion had one? Fucking hell, my entire life has been a lie!
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
First, yeah, that actually is on the list. Especially with Planned Parenthood, most of their abortion centers are located either in or right next to minority neighborhoods.
Does it not occur to you that this is a class issue rather than a race issue?

KelinciHutan wrote:
On the topic, this statment bothers me for a reason beyond the obvious. Over 90% of prenatal children diagnosed with Down's Syndrome are aborted. I don't know the percentage, but spina bifida, which is surgically correctable in the womb, is something else that's often aborted for. If a disability is supposed to be a punishment, then it's the disabled who are being punished the most, since due to these eugenic abortion practices, they're often not allowed to live.
Then the response is greater education, not shutting down the places where people go for help (PROTIP: Planned Parenthood is not a revolving door of abortions). And you're dangerously close to Godwin there with that "eugenic" line.

I disagree with you on this issue. I will never agree with you. I think you are wrong and your position is harmful. That is all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 am

As it's been mentioned before, well-to-do, middle-class, suburban Christian whites probably don't need have abortions since they have the support system to keep the baby.

But poor blacks AND poor whites have very good reasons to abort. And they probably don't appreciate well-to-do, middle-class, suburban Christian whites wagging their fingers or showing displays of righteous faux-pity from behind their beautifully fake McMansions.

So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:38 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
First, yeah, that actually is on the list. Especially with Planned Parenthood, most of their abortion centers are located either in or right next to minority neighborhoods. Over 50% of abortions in Georgia, for example, are black babies.
And of course this must be due to a conspiracy to get rid of black babies and NOTHING AT ALL TO DO with the fact that minorities in America tend to be poorer because of other class and race issues. We'll also snip out the whole "damned if you do, damned if you don't" choice that all single mothers face, where they're castigated for aborting the pregnancy, having a baby (popping out kids for the GLORIOUS MONIES), or giving it up for adoption.

Quote :
I know this might be difficult for you to understand, but these "eugenic abortion practices" would only qualify as "eugenics" if there was a federal mandate that all foetuses (lol "prenatal children") with these conditions be aborted regardless of the wishes of the mother/parents. I know it's also difficult for you to understand this, but a woman who doesn't have access to the resources that would help her with raising a disabled child, especially one with something like Down's Syndrome, may well decide to abort for her own sake and the sake of any existing children she has. That's HER decision to make. How dare you suggest that she have that taken away from her. And don't even try to tout adoption as a magical solution in this case, because the amount of people who are willing to adopt a severely disabled child are few and far between.

Quote :
Also, "anti-choice," Zo? LOL.
You ARE anti-choice. You don't want pregnant women to have control over their bodies. You want them to be treated as livestock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions   Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions Empty

Back to top Go down

Legislator: Disabled kids are God's punishment for abortions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next