Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog

Go down 
+22
Saleha
TheIan
Bad Luck Charm
Somath Cegem
Ihdreniel
Maximilia
Penguin
villainy
Lurv
Mikey Go WOOGA
Electron Blue
Adagio
EileenK98
Vanilla-villa
Dr. Professor Science
InkWeaver
Mr.Doobie
WD40
Snake Bandage
Raine
Cyberwulf
Chris91
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog Empty
PostSubject: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:46 am

If any of you get the Qubo channel on your TV or your cable/satellite service provider, there is one series on that network I strongly urge you to avoid at all costs. That series is The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog, a joint French-Canadian animated production that resembles what Sonichu might look like if Chris-Chan were less perverted and had enough cash to start his own TV station. The artwork is six different shades of terrible, the theme song is jaw-droppingly insipid, the characters about as interesting as a taxidermy seminar, and the dialogue would make Tuxedo Mark yell "BORING!" And I haven't even mentioned the artistic train wrecks they have the gall to describe as storylines in their episodes.

You can get more of the gory details here.

In short, everything about this series screams "FAIL" in neon letters as tall as the Empire State Building.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:09 pm

I have a better idea, Chris. Why don't you stop being a lazy fuck and give us the "gory details"? Maybe rip a few screencaps or at least link to a video clip?
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 pm

I saw this mentioned on /co/ the other day... I guess I wasn't the only one who thought Sonichu when I saw the poster.

(I go to /co/ merely for my secret love of all things My Little Pony, shhhh)
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm

It's actually rather cute for a show about furry people. It's educational, at least.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:29 am

Educational is right...it's an object lesson in how NOT to make a kid's TV series. Razz

Cyberwulf: I'm trying to find links to video clips of the series but so far I'm not having any luck. The show's official website has apparently been suspended and none of the other external links mentioned in the Wikipedia article have any video footage of the series. Maybe I'll have better luck with YouTube.

EDIT: Just found a whole ton of Alfred Hedgehog video clips at YouTube.

And here's an example of what you can look forward to:

Hope you all have strong stomachs and/or the phone number of a good therapist.

Last edited by Chris91 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information.)
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 am

OH MY GOD THAT LOOKS... really not that bad...

Seriously, Chris, what's your problem?

The animation is brilliant considering half the other stuff I see out there (YuGiOh/Pokemon etc), the characters are distinct and memorable, there are some fun jokes in there, (Cynthia slamming the door in the Racoon's face was classic!) The theme song isn't that bad, and I wouldn't call the dialogue bad, it's rather simple and easy to follow. Pretty perfect for the show's audience.

In fact, a kids TV show teaching examination of the facts and logical deduction, especially a show that does so while promoting science and technology is actually a really really good idea. And the clue gathering and research the kids do in the clip is, well, exactly what educational programmes should be presenting.

All in all it's actually really, really good!

Fuck it, compare it to what I grew up with, and there's really no contest. You want crap animation, an insufferable theme song and dialogue so sweet and sappy you can feel your teeth rot just listening to it, well, look no further:

If this doesn't convince you the show sucks, I have to wonder what will.

Last edited by Chris91 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information)
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:34 am

LOLWUT?
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:30 am

Folks, when Chris hates something, he really, really hates it with an irrational passion. See: Grey's Anatomy.

And whatever you do, don't mention a movie called Millenium. He's been at war with some folks on a particular message board for years over that one.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:56 am

EileenK98 wrote:
Folks, when Chris hates something, he really, really hates it with an irrational passion. See: Grey's Anatomy.

And whatever you do, don't mention a movie called Millenium. He's been at war with some folks on a particular message board for years over that one.

The truly irrational thing would be to not hate it with a passion.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:11 am

EileenK98 wrote:

Millennium? As in the Girl Who Did Blah movies? (Also, is there anyone who speaks Swedish on this board? Because in my country the first book/movie was titled the Men Who Didn't Love Women, and I'm wondering if that's actually closer to the original title.)

Adding myself to the I-don't-see-what's-so-bad-with-this group. It'd help if, instead of calling everyone an idiot and proclaiming "If this doesn't convince you blah blah blah," you actually did what people suggested and supported/explained your claims. I'm really rather curious as to why you think it's so bad.

... Although I did find the dialogue in the minute or so of the show I cared to watch rather cringe-worthy, to be honest. A show can be for kids without all the characters s p e a k i n g t h i s s l o w l y.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:58 am

What do you think I was trying to do when I posted those YouTube clips?

And to answer your other question, the Millennium Eileen's referring to is Michael Joseph Anderson's obscenely horrendous adaption of the John Varley sci-fi short story "Air Raid". I saw it once in the theaters and hated it so much that for the first and only time in my life I actually walked out of a theater before the movie was over. About twelve or thirteen years later, when I mentioned on a certain Delphi forum that I hated Millennium, the jerk who ran the place thought it would be funny to convince people otherwise, and that started a long flame war in the course of which I got kicked out of said forum three times. Eventually the forum migrated over to Beehive, and so did the flame war; three years ago I got booted out of the forum a fourth time.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:02 am

Chris91 wrote:
What do you think I was trying to do when I posted those YouTube clips?

And to answer your other question, the Millennium Eileen's referring to is Michael Joseph Anderson's obscenely horrendous adaption of the John Varley sci-fi short story "Air Raid". I saw it once in the theaters and hated it so much that for the first and only time in my life I actually walked out of a theater before the movie was over. About twelve or thirteen years later, when I mentioned on a certain Delphi forum that I hated Millennium, the jerk who ran the place thought it would be funny to convince people otherwise, and that started a long flame war in the course of which I got kicked out of said forum three times. Eventually the forum migrated over to Beehive, and so did the flame war; three years ago I got booted out of the forum a fourth time.
Chris.
It's just a movie.
If you're getting kicked out of message boards over it, you're doing something horribly wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog   The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mysteries Of Alfred Hedgehog
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next