Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)

Go down 
+13
Electron Blue
Quijotesca
rae
theweirdkind
Braigwen
Tungsten Monk
Lurv
Azzandra
Max III
Spotts1701
ZoZo
Alhazred
Maximilia
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) Empty
PostSubject: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:57 am

So far, my favorite line of my NaNo is: "I don't know how long I stood there groping myself with clumsy hands."

What's your favorite line from your NaNo? :D
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:53 am

Sadly, I haven't managed anything particularly memorable as of yet, but I'm having some fun with the Fallout fic...

"What do you think Boone's doing right now, Eddie?"

If [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sounds were spoken English, the words might've been something like, "Beep boop-boop bwazeep bzzt."
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:53 am

"Save for about four million people, the population of the Earth is alive for one reason alone: a couple of people fucked."
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:27 am

"This stuff isn’t coffee. It’s what they use to clean the phaser rifles. They just add something to it so that it tastes something like coffee.”
Back to top Go down
Max III
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Max III

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:06 pm

“...Well, I am sure that if I did have an affair, it would be with a very holy and wondrous man, like... like the Pope.” Efronvea nodded firmly. “And he wouldn’t do that in the first place.”

all my characters are named from captchas
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:21 pm

"Well, you know what they say. If you can't be popular, at least be infamous."
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Max III wrote:

...I think I might steal that idea, if you don't mind. Razz

I don't really like any of the stuff I have written yet, but this line kinda amused me:

"If I didn't know you so well, maybe I'd be able to believe you."
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:53 pm

“The kind of people who'd stick a red-hot poker in someone else's eye don't always stop at the socket, girl.”
Back to top Go down
Max III
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Max III

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Lurv wrote:
Max III wrote:

...I think I might steal that idea, if you don't mind. Razz

go ahead, it's kind of fun

and do tell us the results
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Quote :
"He deserved it, Shepard," Donnelly piped up. "He's lucky Miranda didn't hack his location and send Grunt to stick his dick in his eye."

Or

Quote :
"Na, life would be too boring without you throwing us into impossible situations." Joker grinned. "Were gonna follow you where ever you go, Shepard. We're kind of like a fart that way."
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:35 pm

....okay, must have context for that first one. God, I'm starting to think I blew my most interesting line in my ME fic in the first scene and the rest of the fic is doomed to mediocre normal-people dialog.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Alhazred wrote:
....okay, must have context for that first one. God, I'm starting to think I blew my most interesting line in my ME fic in the first scene and the rest of the fic is doomed to mediocre normal-people dialog.

Context
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:20 am

"Oh God."

"He's not here. If you want mercy, you better be askin' me."
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 9:13 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
"Oh God."

I really like that one. Mind if I gank it in altered form for an RP?
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm

rae wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
"Oh God."

I really like that one. Mind if I gank it in altered form for an RP?
I would be honored. Smile
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:24 pm

"Crime never sleeps, kid. I just gets really cranky and throws poo all over it's cage."
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:13 pm

“Something tells me you’re not here to ask me to be your fourth in a game of canasta.”
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 am

Braigwen wrote:
Alhazred wrote:

Context

That was certainly some context. I should've expected a Gabby comment immediately afterwards, too. Much as I hate most attempts at novelizing chunks of the game for no real reason, I love it when the usual interactions get followed up on, even if they're a little predictable.

(Also I'm now thinking about Krogan teabagging. Batarians having the fetish more than anyone, of course. One for each eye.)
Back to top Go down
Quijotesca
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Quijotesca

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Quote :
“What’s a bard do?”

“A bard writes poetry, plays music, and fights monsters.”
Upset
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:16 pm

"I don’t want to set the social progression in the Order back six hundred years or anything, but I think I’m a racist."
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:26 am

Context is a sex scene.
Quote :

“What do you think about... dressing up?”

“Like what? Barney?”

(This thread also makes me realize I haven't written anything cool in my whole NaNo thus far.)
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:44 pm

"Alain cast a critical eye over his friend, or would have if he could remember the critical eye spell. Avery harrumphed and did it herself."

From a flashback sequence set in a magic school (not Hogwarts, but close).
Back to top Go down
Quijotesca
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Quijotesca

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Quote :
Gwyddno wasn't quite sure what to say to the other boy, but since Emrys wasn't talking, he asked, "Did you know they have beds here?"

Emrys blinked in confusion, but really didn't see why he shouldn't answer the question. "Yes, I did," he said.
And then they fell madly in love!
...Oh wait, that's quite a few chapters from this one. Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) 309696
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:19 am

All of these are really good, but this one, God, this one.

theweirdkind wrote:
"Oh God."

I wish that was mine. :/
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:34 pm

"We’ve already established that your father isn’t coming, child, he’s far too old and fat and poisoned."
It's nice to be back to writing someone who always has a sense of humor instead of situationally having one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)   Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional) Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Lines from Your NaNo (context optional)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next