Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT

Go down 
+28
EileenK98
grmblfjx
Ugly Swan
Pelican
Reepicheep-chan
fishstickhater
Ceres
Blooferlady
gaijinguy
Generic Thirteen
lemmingwriter
Mikey Go WOOGA
quamp
Bamshalam
Anathema
ZoZo
Verandering
Lady Anne
Root Admin
Mafiosa
Inciter
Drabbler
theweirdkind
InkWeaver
Spotts1701
Lapin
Miss Prince
Raine
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
But seriously, 9/11 isn't on this list? Does that not count as their generation? They were alive and 10-11 years old for it, they should remember it, it should count.

These things are usually for things that happened during their senior year of high school, not stuff that happened when they were younger.

Yup, that was my year (2001-2002); that was in our senior yearbooks, but for the most part, the pages were packed with entertainment crap that hasn't been relevant since six months after the yearbooks were distributed. I don't know that any of it was quite as retch-inducing as Twilight, but it was close.
Back to top Go down
Generic Thirteen

Generic Thirteen

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:27 pm

In our year senior yearbooks, Hurricane Katrina was one whole page more than Family Guy being uncanceled, & Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince being released.

Last edited by Generic Thirteen on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:51 pm

I graduated in '03. Nothing interesting happened that year.
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Wow, MTV. Twilight and Twitter are definitely things that defined my graduation. Rolling Eyes

I noticed they stuck some Twilight stuff in the back of my yearbook, so I joker'd it. It looks much better this way.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:04 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
I graduated in '03. Nothing interesting happened that year.
I guess the people who put your yearbook together were really sheltered. The Iraq War began in 2003, triggering the biggest anti-war protests in world history (yes, even bigger than during the Vietnam War).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:08 pm

I graduated on 2001, didn't have yearbooks, and even then, 9/11 happened a few months after I graduated. Damn, I feel old...
Back to top Go down
fishstickhater
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fishstickhater

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:05 pm

I graduated in 2007, so I got to totally escape the Twilight craze during high school. Lucky me.
My class didn't really vote on a list of important events. There were just five pages of things that happened that year.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Hmm, we have nine pages of junk like movies, music, sports, and trends and six of news, but the news section does come first. Highlights include finding Saddam, Bush not finding WMD, the '04 election, and the Pope reaching 25 years of Pope-hood. They listed a lot of stuff, actually, almost no one read any of it.

In entertainment news Friends came to an end. Oooh, and we have a pretty nice pic of Sean Astin with Elijah Wood. No 'Lando or Vigo for some reason. Oh, and the trends page has a bit on the Do Not Call list and Napster users getting the shit fined out of them. Huh, someone actually did some research for this section.

Fuck, sports got a third page? Oh go to hell, high school.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:27 pm

Reepy wrote:
Fuck, sports got a third page? Oh go to hell, high school.

Trollface
Back to top Go down
Pelican

Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:29 am

I'm class of '09, and 3/4 of the 'past 12 months' page is essentially Celebrities And Who They Are Bonking. Oh, and Barack Obama became president of america and got torso of the week in heat magazine lol. Twilight doesn't get a mention actually, that's wei oh wait it gets its own page.
Back to top Go down
Ugly Swan

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:50 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

The Steelers win the Super Bowl for you and you PUT TWILIGHT AHEAD OF BIG BEN?!

Fuck all ya'll. Srsly.

But seriously, 9/11 isn't on this list? Does that not count as their generation? They were alive and 10-11 years old for it, they should remember it, it should count.

I was in high school when it happened, and half my classmates spent the hour we were in a room watching the coverage making out with their boyfriends/girlfriends and applying makeup. They knew it was a bad thing, but the actual concept of why it was so horrible went right over their heads. If it was that hard for them to grasp, I think it'd be even harder for younger kids. (Or maybe my classmates were just overly hormonal and unable to stop thinking about dating and looks.)

Either way, I'm not saying they wouldn't have cared, but it just wasn't within their range of understanding at the time. Stuff like gay marriage is a more contemporary issue for them, something they were old enough to understand.

Twilight... although it's a horrible series, at least they even listed a book. Though I do think gay marriage is much, MUCH more important than even reading a book. (Especially one with disturbing messages about women having no lives other than their possessive boyfriends - as a GOOD thing.)

Last edited by Ugly Swan on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:14 am

FUCK YOU GUYS

WE DON'T EVEN HAVE YEARBOOKS
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:29 am

Just getting out my yearbook. Class of 86--yes, I am that old!
Laughing at the hairstyles.
I still see some of these kids--yeah, I know, they're not kids anymore, but in my mind I'll always be a kid.
I'd say our defining moment was the Challenger disaster. Mentioned both in a special dedication and on the Entertainment page. Make of that what you will.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:58 am

Um, hey, guys... did you notice who was taking this poll before you started raging?

Wow. My yearbook never has any pop culture garbage thrown in. Thank God. I don't think I could handle an entire page dedicated to any sort of pop-ey book that I did like. Hell, even a page about Star Trek would make me go "... the fuck?" unless my entire class had a running joke about Star Trek or something.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:17 am

I think that the greatest defining moment of my school is the fact that we survived our seasonal drive-by hurricanes(five bridges washed away in one day just AWESOME). Oh, and the grand opening of Dollar Tree.

We led such boring lives.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 10:45 am

At least they put Obama at #1. Whether you like Obama or not, you must admit his election was a historic moment.

Edit: In the spring of 2008, some of the students at the high school I work for almost got into a fistfight over who would be the next president--Hillary or Obama. McCain never entered their minds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Edit: In the spring of 2008, some of the students at the high school I work for almost got into a fistfight over who would be the next president--Hillary or Obama. McCain never entered their minds.

Well, really...did anyone expect McCain (who would have been the oldest person ever elected to their first term as President) to emerge from that mess of a Republican primary? Most people were expecting Romney or Giuliani.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:39 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

Well, really...did anyone expect McCain (who would have been the oldest person ever elected to their first term as President) to emerge from that mess of a Republican primary? Most people were expecting Romney or Giuliani.

No one I know of. Romney was the pick in the red part of this state, but Huckabee's refusal to sit down and shut up led to him being the spoiler and McCain getting the nomination.
Back to top Go down
Nurvingiel

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:44 pm

The fact that it's a MTV poll aside (a bit like quoting a Daily Mail article?) this is an alright list. Obama makes sense, and so does (amazingly) Twitter!

Twitter, the biggest site for self-centred, vapid "micro-blogging" actually became at least somewhat useful and relevant this year. Apparently Iranians protesting Ahmedinejad's "landslide" victory have been using it to share news. I swear it's true, click here.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:36 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
No one I know of. Romney was the pick in the red part of this state, but Huckabee's refusal to sit down and shut up led to him being the spoiler and McCain getting the nomination.

I've actually met Huckabee several times, and the man is honestly completely batshit. I actually really freaked out a little when I thought that there was a remote possibility that he would be president.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Lysander wrote:

I've actually met Huckabee several times, and the man is honestly completely batshit. I actually really freaked out a little when I thought that there was a remote possibility that he would be president.

Governor of Arkansas. You'd think we'd have learned the first time. . .
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:43 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
Lysander wrote:

Governor of Arkansas. You'd think we'd have learned the first time. . .

Oh, he'd agree with you. He let a convicted rapist out of jail, because the woman he raped was a distant relative of Bill Clinton. His campaign was basically funded by those people who still think that the Clintons killed hundreds of people somehow.

The man is one poorly Xeroxed newsletter away from living in a log cabin in the Ozarks, surrounded by ATF agents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT   Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Defining Moments for 2009 Graduates - LOL TWILIGHT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2