Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework

Go down 
+30
Verandering
lemmingwriter
SisterGrimm
Sheba
Spotts1701
Tungsten Monk
Bamshalam
Rabid Badger
Sutremaine
grmblfjx
Jesus.
Cyberwulf
Lady Anne
TheHedonist
Somath Cegem
Psy-4
gaijinguy
Drabbler
Maximilia
Azzandra
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Penguin
Aggie
ZoZo
XLT-100852.0
bleachedblackcat
Mikey Go WOOGA
saeku
the asylum
Malganis
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Guilty until proven in- wait, who gives a fuck about proof?
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MENZZZZZ" typical Gaijinguy.

So women are incapable of committing rape?

Sexist pig.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Let's protect rapist and pedophiles so that once charges are brought against them, other victims will never know or help put the sick fuck away.

Let's extend the anonymity to the registered sex offenders for good measures.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:12 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
So women are incapable of committing rape?

Sexist pig.
Are you trying to drag down women to your own level?

Sexist pig.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:

Also, how do we know that alot of rapes arn't reported, if they arn't reported? Where do we get the numbers from?

The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 724940

Perhaps just even trying a half-assed Google search would get you some information. Seriously, all I did was type in "reported rapes" in Google and took the first link, which not only gave statistics on the percentage of rapes that are reported (among other facts), but also the study cited.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:50 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Psy-4 wrote:
Let's protect rapist and pedophiles so that once charges are brought against them, other victims will never know or help put the sick fuck away.

Let's extend the anonymity to the registered sex offenders for good measures.

Um, shut up.

Seriously, you're obnoxious and purposely misconstruing their point. They're not saying rapists should be given anonymity, they're saying that alleged rapists should be given anonymity. There is a difference there whether you'd like to acknowledge it or not. Once they're charged, then fine, go nuts, but until then lay off, is the point. The point of granting anonymity isn't to protect the rapists and pedophiles it's to protect the falsely accused, because having a rape or pedophilia offense, even one where you were found innocent, on your record pretty much ruins you for life, if absolutely nothing else on a social level.

I'm not taking a side in this argument, as this is a sticky, sticky conversation I'd rather not get too involved in. But the way you were purposely twisting their words pissed me right off.

OH PS you're not required to register as a sex offender unless you're found guilty. So that doesn't even apply. NICE TRY THOUGH.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
I'm with Psy-4 on this one. Yes, rape is a horrible, horrible crime and the people that perpetrate such a crime deserve to be treated terribly but only if they're actually guilty of it. I know some like to think that people are generally decent enough to not go around falsely accusing others of rape but...well, look at this case in particular. I know it's not the norm, but it does happen.

How about an extreme example? Let's say (just for the sake of argument) that a man decides to accuse a woman of raping him because she wouldn't sleep with him (or she slept with someone else or some other bullshit reason). If the people that are clamouring for the accused to have her name splashed all over the newspapers immediately following the accusation, you don't think she'd be at risk for "retaliatory" attacks? You don't think there are men that would say, "Hey baby, you didn't need to go raping anyone. I'll fuck you for free!" and attack her? Somehow I doubt that a man accused of rape being beaten half to death would elicit nearly as much of a sympathetic reaction as this hypothetical woman would.

'Innocent until proven guilty' isn't designed to just protect women; it's intended to protect innocent people accused of crimes. The mere act of investigating a crime doesn't mean that the accuser is being disbelieved; it simply means that the crime needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be true so that a potentially innocent person isn't being punished.

That's the funny thing about equality: you get the drawbacks as well as the perks. Women are equally as capable of lying about serious crimes as men are and should not automatically get the benefit of the doubt simply for being women. Investigate all crimes as reported or just label everyone accused of a crime as being guilty right off the bat. Preferential treatment according to gender is sexist, no matter what gender it benefits.

Last edited by Aggie on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:12 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Once they're charged convicted, then fine, go nuts, but until then lay off, is the point.

FTFY
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:13 pm

TheHedonist wrote:

Um, shut up.

Seriously, you're obnoxious and purposely misconstruing their point. They're not saying rapists should be given anonymity, they're saying that alleged rapists should be given anonymity. There is a difference there whether you'd like to acknowledge it or not. Once they're charged, then fine, go nuts, but until then lay off, is the point. The point of granting anonymity isn't to protect the rapists and pedophiles it's to protect the falsely accused, because having a rape or pedophilia offense, even one where you were found innocent, on your record pretty much ruins you for life, if absolutely nothing else on a social level.

I'm not taking a side in this argument, as this is a sticky, sticky conversation I'd rather not get too involved in. But the way you were purposely twisting their words pissed me right off.

OH PS you're not required to register as a sex offender unless you're found guilty. So that doesn't even apply. NICE TRY THOUGH.

Glade to see that you support not informing people that their babysitter was charged with child molestation.

Last edited by XLT-100852.0 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Glade to see that you support not informing people that their babysitter was convicted of child molestation.
Convicted is one thing; accused is another. You're talking about two different things.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Aggie wrote:
XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Glade to see that you support not informing people that their babysitter was convicted of child molestation.
Convicted is one thing; accused is another. You're talking about two different things.
Maybe you should refresh the page, yes?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:19 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Aggie wrote:
XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Maybe you should refresh the page, yes?
Yeah, that wording is better. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Aggie wrote:
'Guilty until proven innocent' isn't designed to just protect women; it's intended to protect innocent people accused of crimes. The mere act of investigating a crime doesn't mean that the accuser is being disbelieved; it simply means that the crime needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be true so that a potentially innocent person isn't being punished.

What comes to my mind is shit like the McMartin preschool case. People assumed that children wouldn't lie about being abused, especially in such detail, especially with such horrific things being described. They didn't assume "innocent until proven guilty", they assumed guilt. It ended up wasting a whole hell of a lot of money, scarring the children involved for life, and destroying the McMartin family, their business, their lives -- all for abuse that never happened.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Oops, that should have read 'Innocent until proven guilty' in your quoted post. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Aggie wrote:
Psy-4 wrote:
I'm with Psy-4 on this one. Yes, rape is a horrible, horrible crime and the people that perpetrate such a crime deserve to be treated terribly but only if they're actually guilty of it. I know some like to think that people are generally decent enough to not go around falsely accusing others of rape but...well, look at this case in particular. I know it's not the norm, but it does happen.

How about an extreme example? Let's say (just for the sake of argument) that a man decides to accuse a woman of raping him because she wouldn't sleep with him (or she slept with someone else or some other bullshit reason). If the people that are clamouring for the accused to have her name splashed all over the newspapers immediately following the accusation, you don't think she'd be at risk for "retaliatory" attacks? You don't think there are men that would say, "Hey baby, you didn't need to go raping anyone. I'll fuck you for free!" and attack her? Somehow I doubt that a man accused of rape being beaten half to death would elicit nearly as much of a sympathetic reaction as this hypothetical woman would.

'Guilty until proven innocent' isn't designed to just protect women; it's intended to protect innocent people accused of crimes. The mere act of investigating a crime doesn't mean that the accuser is being disbelieved; it simply means that the crime needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be true so that a potentially innocent person isn't being punished.

That's the funny thing about equality: you get the drawbacks as well as the perks. Women are equally as capable of lying about serious crimes as men are and should not automatically get the benefit of the doubt simply for being women. Investigate all crimes as reported or just label everyone accused of a crime as being guilty right off the bat. Preferential treatment according to gender is sexist, no matter what gender it benefits.
This. It is entirely possible for some obnoxious person to accuse someone else of a crime that never occurred. When I was in 7th grade, one of my classmates, thinking she was funny, told me that my dad (one of the teachers at the school) raped one of her friends. Being a rather sheltered child, I didn't know what rape meant, so I told my dad what the girl said, wanting to know what it meant. Needless to say, he was not happy, and promptly reported it to the vice principal, who called both the girl and me into the office to talk to us. The girl admitted she was just messing with me and hadn't thought I would actually say anything to my dad. I'm glad I told my dad about what the little snot had said, because that kind of an allegation, even if proven to be completely untrue, can destroy a person's life--and this is particularly true if they're in a position where they work with children. Also, in addition to ruining the life of the person falsely accused, such lies make it harder for those who actually have had a crime committed against them to get justice, because, after all, if people lie about such things, how do you know an actual victim isn't also lying?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Malganis wrote:
What comes to my mind is shit like the McMartin preschool case. People assumed that children wouldn't lie about being abused, especially in such detail, especially with such horrific things being described. They didn't assume "innocent until proven guilty", they assumed guilt. It ended up wasting a whole hell of a lot of money, scarring the children involved for life, and destroying the McMartin family, their business, their lives -- all for abuse that never happened.
And the Duke lacrosse rape case?
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:27 pm

Prehaps when someone you know gets raped and they know who did it, they do not go to the police and swep it under the rub. Lo and behold, years go by and the person that raped them gets charged with raping an other person. Two things can happen;

A.) The rape victim you know sees a news article about their rapist and decides to come forward because now there is a second victim which adds more to their case.

B.) Because of anonymity the rapist's name isn't mentioned and the victim never gets their justice.

What will you say to that rape victim when you tell them you support anonymity for people accused of sex crimes? "lol 2 bad der privacy is more important than you and dey might b innocent"?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:29 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Prehaps when someone you know gets raped and they know who did it, they do not go to the police and swep it under the rub.
Perhaps if you knew someone who had been falsely accused of rape you would be more tolerant of the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' edict.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:30 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Prehaps when someone you know gets raped and they know who did it, they do not go to the police and swep it under the rub. Lo and behold, years go by and the person that raped them gets charged with raping an other person. Two things can happen;

A.) The rape victim you know sees a news article about their rapist and decides to come forward because now there is a second victim which adds more to their case.

B.) Because of anonymity the rapist's name isn't mentioned and the victim never gets their justice.

What will you say to that rape victim when you tell them you support anonymity for people accused of sex crimes? "lol 2 bad der privacy is more important than you and dey might b innocent"?
This is just a thought, but maybe, if they want something to happen to the rapist, they should...I don't know...report it? I know reporting such a crime can be traumatic, but...if the first rape was reported and the rapist was brought to justice, then the second rape would not have occurred.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Aggie wrote:
Perhaps if you knew someone who has been falsely accused of rape you would be more tolerant of the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' edict.
Yes, because false accusations of rape happen more often rape victims being screwed over in court.

Lady Anne wrote:
This is just a thought, but maybe, if they want something to happen to the rapist, they should...I don't know...report it? I know reporting such a crime can be traumatic, but...if the first rape was reported and the rapist was brought to justice, then the second rape would not have occurred.
Wow, victim blaming much?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:33 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Aggie wrote:
Perhaps if you knew someone who has been falsely accused of rape you would be more tolerant of the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' edict.
Yes, because false accusations of rape happen more often rape victims being screwed over in court.
You have the numbers off-hand, do you?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:35 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:

Why hello thar Thanos6.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Maximilia wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

Also, how do we know that alot of rapes arn't reported, if they arn't reported? Where do we get the numbers from?

The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 724940

Perhaps just even trying a half-assed Google search would get you some information. Seriously, all I did was type in "reported rapes" in Google and took the first link, which not only gave statistics on the percentage of rapes that are reported (among other facts), but also the study cited.

Yes, but where do these studies get there data? Why do women who won't talk to the police speak to these guys? I was kinda hoping for an actual explaination of this, not just being waved at the data itself and being told that's enough.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:47 pm

no no, you guys, we should jail men without due process, because conviction rates
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Aggie wrote:
You have the numbers off-hand, do you?

Quote :
According to research due out later this month, Britain comes bottom of 33 European states, with just 6.5 per cent of rape cases reported to police ending in a conviction, compared with 25 per cent in France.

Source.

But the measly precentage of false rape accusations is totally more shocking.

Somath Cegem wrote:
Why do women who won't talk to the police speak to these guys?
I dunno maybe it's because they most often know the man who did it and fear their wrath?

Are you going to ask why don't they "just fight back" next?

You people are seriously misinformed if you believe that sex crime cases are always evidence base, instead of what they most often are- a case of she-said-he-said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework   The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The student who cried "Rape!" so she could get an extension on homework
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next