Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fandom Secrets

Go down 
+17
Lapin
Drabbler
Jesus.
Anon
Sutremaine
Miss Prince
Lurv
TheHedonist
rae
Raine
Toastuh
bleachedblackcat
Cyberwulf
Shinracentric
Psy-4
theweirdkind
SlyChild
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

Fandom Secrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:42 am

Lapin wrote:
In Inception, it felt more like Mr. Eames was screwing around/playground flirting with Arthur, not out of sexual attraction (Though I wouldn't blame him because he's damn drool-worthy), but out of need-to-aggravate. Arthur was pretty straight-laced, and Eames just seemed to get a kick out of teasing him.

I'd have to agree with that. I think some of the fandom lunacy, though, comes from Arthur teasing back before they went deeper.

(I just saw Inception yesterday. I want to see it again.)
Back to top Go down
Shinracentric

Shinracentric

PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Lapin wrote:
In Inception, it felt more like Mr. Eames was screwing around/playground flirting with Arthur, not out of sexual attraction (Though I wouldn't blame him because he's damn drool-worthy), but out of need-to-aggravate. Arthur was pretty straight-laced, and Eames just seemed to get a kick out of teasing him.

Yeah, exactly. Like okay, maybe I could buy that Eames is gay. Sure, fandom can have that, but I little playful ribbing doesn't automatically mean he was ready to jump into Arthur's pants in the next scene.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] See, it's jumping to those kinds of conclusions that give slash a bad name. Like we're all drooling morons who think a vaguely flirtation exchange between a couple guys can amount to ZOMG! UST!
Back to top Go down
http://brutal-priestess.dreamwidth.org/
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Shinracentric wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] See, it's jumping to those kinds of conclusions that give slash a bad name. Like we're all drooling morons who think a vaguely flirtation exchange between a couple guys can amount to ZOMG! UST!
You're astroturfing, if you think that you, in any way, represent the slash community. The people here are outliers. The bad news is, majority of slashers are drooling morons.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
The people here are outliers. The bad news is, majority of slashers are drooling morons.
I don't think that's fair; from the slashers I know (and the majority of fans I know are slashers), most of them are fine.

The odd one is a drooling moron, but they punch heavier than their weight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Shinracentric wrote:
You're astroturfing, if you think that you, in any way, represent the slash community. The people here are outliers. The bad news is, majority of slashers are drooling morons.

I hate to agree with Psy, but I think this is sadly correct. I've been to Y!G.

You have to remember that the slashers like those here tend to hang with each other, so it seems like there are more of us than them. But we are the minority. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Shinracentric wrote:
You're astroturfing, if you think that you, in any way, represent the slash fannish community. The people here are outliers. The bad news is, majority of slashers fans are drooling morons.
Back to top Go down
Shinracentric

Shinracentric

PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:22 am

Psy-4 wrote:
Shinracentric wrote:

Shhh...I'm kind of in denial.

Perhaps a better statement is that the drooling morons that populate the slash community (as well as the majority of fandom) is the reason why I'm often a bit embarrassed to admit to any involvement with it.
Back to top Go down
http://brutal-priestess.dreamwidth.org/
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:19 pm

I smells a homophob
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Verandering wrote:
I smells a homophob
Casual trolling, lolz.

I thought so too, and then I realised that I am opposed to any kind of shipping. Mostly because I am a fan of series where there is little unnecessary romance.

And when I see three+ pairings listed off in the summary, regardless of what it is, I go

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and move on.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fandom Secrets   Fandom Secrets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fandom Secrets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2