Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Calls for Submissions!

Go down 
+2
Maximilia
rae
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

Calls for Submissions! Empty
PostSubject: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 am

I'm sure you've all done it. You would like to know what publishers are looking for so you can write something tailored to that, but you never find out about calls for submissions until far too late. If you run across a call for submissions from any publisher, post a link here with a description of what sorts of fiction the publisher takes.

Circlet Press's Summer 2009 call for submissions. Circlet press publishes erotic fiction. They take m/m, m/m/m, m/f, f/m/f, f/f or any other combination you can think of. They like it kinky and this is one of the few erotic presses that I can see really enjoying a piece exploring gender.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:23 am

Interesting, Rae. I've never written erotica before, but the "Fairy Tale" angle makes it an interesting challenge.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:37 am

Maximilia wrote:
Interesting, Rae. I've never written erotica before, but the "Fairy Tale" angle makes it an interesting challenge.

Seriously. And hell, weren't most fairy tales all sex and violence anyway back before the Victorians sanitized them?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 pm

rae wrote:
Maximilia wrote:

Seriously. And hell, weren't most fairy tales all sex and violence anyway back before the Victorians sanitized them?

Totally, and there's still a sexual undercurrent to many of them, sanitized or no. I think I found the story I want to "adapt" too. I'm mentally composing it in my head as I'm working here.
Back to top Go down
Miraba
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miraba

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:07 pm

*cough*I'm friends with CTan*cough*
Seriously, anyone have questions about what she's seen/not seen?
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:27 am

Is there anything she's been dying to see more of that no one seems to be sending in?
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:07 am

Man, I totally want to get off my ass and do this; it sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the heads-up!
Back to top Go down
eugenetapdance

eugenetapdance

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Aha, I just might do this. Does anyone have any suggestions for the gay fairy tale one? I rather like the idea of gay Puss in Boots or gay Jack the Giant Killer.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:28 pm

eugenetapdance wrote:
Aha, I just might do this. Does anyone have any suggestions for the gay fairy tale one? I rather like the idea of gay Puss in Boots or gay Jack the Giant Killer.

I don't have a suggestion for a specific one, per se, but here's a listing of Grimm's Fairy Tales with the stories. Most of them are pretty short, and you should be able to find something in there. I'm going to rewrite "The Water Nixie", substituting a pair of lovers for the two children kidnapped. It's something suitably different.

Grimm's Fairy Tales
Back to top Go down
Miraba
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miraba

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:18 am

CTan says she hasn't gotten much so far and that most of the stuff comes in the last few days. She also hasn't read any other collections in a long time, so she's open to anything.

I would suggest adding something other than "And the task to win the hand of princess/the prize/the kingdom was sex," though. Wink
Back to top Go down
Miraba
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miraba

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 am

Surely someone here is interested in writing this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:44 am

Circlet is doing a call for submissions based on Alice in Wonderland.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 4:00 am

I might try this.

If I think I trust some online company.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Miraba
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miraba

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:56 am

They also do print when they have the money, which winds up being every 5 years or so. Despite what you might think, the market is not very big.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 6:59 am

Who all got something in for the Like a Queen, Like a Thorn, or Like Twin Stars?

I managed something to submit for Like Twin Stars. *fingers crossed*

A friend I'm still prodding to try to get to sign up here (and I won't stop pestering until she does so) heard back within hours of submitting for Like a Queen that her piece will be in the anthology. Calls for Submissions! 831506 Now if the two of us can just manage to get into the SAME anthology, we will have had book-sex. ^_^

Also, I hear that Phaze is looking for 'rebel' themed submissions till September 1, 2009. And they also want m/m Steampunk stories for a 2010 anthology release.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Circlet has another call for submission out:

Apocalypse Sex

Word Count Preferred: 2000-7000 (up to 10K will be considered)
Deadline: January 15th, 2010

Quote :

What would you do if you had only 24 hours to live?

Maybe aliens have taken over the planet and are massacring the human race; conversely, maybe humans have invaded an alien planet–but are losing. Perhaps you’re contemplating ending your own world, or are convinced your life is going to end–whether through self-harm, a major lifestyle change, or something else. Maybe a fatal disease is exterminating your species, or nuclear war has broken out. And maybe it’s a false alarm, but how could you possibly know that in advance? 24 hours left to do everything you’ve wanted to: Would you make love to the person you’ve always secretly cared for? Have a rendezvous with a stranger on the street? Explore your wildest fantasies, or get back to the basics one last time?

The possibilities are limitless within this basic theme. Don’t forget the sci-fi/fantasy aspect we always look for, but bring your sexiest ideas too. Come up with some original plots, keep ‘em captivating and steamy, and have some fun!

Note that the end of the world does not have to be taking place within 24hrs.

I'm working on something for this one. We'll see if I actually complete it or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calls for Submissions!   Calls for Submissions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Calls for Submissions!
Page 1 of 1