Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships

Go down 
+31
KJM
vade
Jesus.
Sheba
Braigwen
Drabbler
StillScreaming
EileenK98
Malganis
Spotts1701
Bamshalam
SlyChild
Aggie
Cyberwulf
Tungsten Monk
Reepicheep-chan
Chris91
Psy-4
GamemasterAnthony
Miss Misery
ZoZo
grmblfjx
the asylum
theweirdkind
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rabid Badger
gaijinguy
Raine
WD40
Lapin
Lady Anne
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

the asylum wrote:
If it were 40-year old men screaming for 16-year old girls, they'd be put in jail.

Just sayin'
...are you serious?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Cyberwulf completely misses it again. Big surprise.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:01 pm

the asylum wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

the asylum wrote:
If it were 40-year old men screaming for 16-year old girls, they'd be put in jail.

Just sayin'
...are you serious?

Missing what, asylum? If you think 40-year-old men would be put in jail just for panting over 16 year old girls, then clearly you are living on Mars.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
You've got women in their 30s and 40s who are ruining their real-life marriages/relationships because of a bunch of fictional teenagers. All the while quietly absorbing the Twilight Saga's dubious message that a women isn't complete unless she's got a big strong man around to protect her for the big bad world. And that everyone has a chosen one/soulmate waiting for them out there, and when they meet, they will immediately KNOW they've found their ONE TWU WUB.

I love how you say that as if this message is somehow new and revolutionary, or even just unique to Twilight.

Well, Twilight is this message in it's 200-proof form. That you certainly don't see so much.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Okay, Isabella, Edward, and Jacob are all real names.

Cullen? No. Just no. If you name your kid Cullen, the kid should be taken away from you and given to a pack of wolves so it can be raised properly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
the asylum wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

the asylum wrote:

Just sayin'
...are you serious?

Missing what, asylum? If you think 40-year-old men would be put in jail just for panting over 16 year old girls, then clearly you are living on Mars.

Hey, in some places men can be put in jail for SMOKING.
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:55 pm

I drove through Forks once on my way to a camping destination. It's a shitty little logging town crawling with white trash and Twilight paraphernalia.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:20 pm

the asylum wrote:

Just sayin'
Really? So all of those 40 year-old men screaming about Miley Cyrus are in jail?

gaijinguy wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
You've got
women in their 30s and 40s who are ruining their real-life
marriages/relationships because of a bunch of fictional teenagers. All
the while quietly absorbing the Twilight Saga's dubious message that a
women isn't complete unless she's got a big strong man around to
protect her for the big bad world. And that everyone has a chosen
one/soulmate waiting for them out there, and when they meet, they will
immediately KNOW they've found their ONE TWU WUB.

I love how you say that as if this message is somehow new and revolutionary, or even just unique to Twilight.

Well, Twilight is this message in it's 200-proof form. That you certainly don't see so much.
This message in 200-proof form is basically every movie Tyler Perry has ever made.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
I just want to know why Smeyer had to completely wreak Seattle with this bull. I do not want to see Twilight shit in every souvenir shop ever! And I sure as hell do not want to see Twilight on the travel brochers on the ferry! Right next to the Pacific Northwest Native attractions! How am I going to pretend this never happened?!

*produces very large frying pan* Hold still, this won't hurt.

Much.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:51 am

Actually, Cyberwulf...it was from a news video I saw on Comcast.

Still...this whole addiction to Twilight could be a LOT worse. These people could start living a vampire lifestyle...like that one subculture of people I heard about.

I just hope they don't try and figure out a way to make themselves sparkle in the daylight. Isn't that supposed to be a sign of a Mary Sue/Gary Stu anyway?
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:49 am

SlyChild wrote:
I drove through Forks once on my way to a camping destination. It's a shitty little logging town crawling with white trash and Twilight paraphernalia.

Those posters and cardboard cutouts can walk? Shocked pale Creepy.

Bamshalam wrote:
This message in 200-proof form is basically every movie Tyler Perry has ever made.

I'm starting to consider myself lucky I never watched any of his films.

Actually, I have the Twilight Volturi Arsenic lip gloss (because I wanted some cool-looking lip gloss and it was on clearance at Hot Topic) and it's not bad. Looks kind of nice on me.

Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:01 am

Cyberwulf wrote:

GamemasterAnthony wrote:
To make this batshit (appropo term that) insanity even more so, I recently heard one of the stars of Twilight is actually a direct descendant of one Vlad the Impaler.

Yes folks...the kid playing a vampire is descended from the guy that inspired the ORIGINAL vampire.
Where did you hear that, the National Enquirer?

It was all over the news a few days ago that Robert Pattinson is a distant relative of Vlad III Dracula, who is believed to be the inspiration for Count Dracula for Bram Stoker's novel. Yeehaw.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:50 pm

A little more information on the generational gap between the Edward-fans and the Jacob-fans. Surprise surprise, TwiMoms prefer Eddie:

Quote :
Team Edward: Good thing he's well
above consenting age: Girls make up just 14% of Pattinson's online
seekers, but females all the way in their 50s are intrigued by the pale
Londoner. The latest burning Search questions: that dating situation
with co-star Kristen
Stewart (he says they're so close, they "understand
each other"), his music (a back-up
plan should acting fail), and those genealogical ties to Vlad the
Impaler aka Dracula (a distant
uncle).

Team Jacob: More than a quarter of the hearts that beat for
the Wolf Pack pup are teens, and 1 out of 5 are preteens. Plus, he poses
some manly appeal: 26% of searches are from males, which may explain
all the "taylor
lautner workout routine" queries. (And surely Lautner had his bros
in mind when he claimed "Eclipse" to be the "most
guy-friendly.")

I'm not sure if this should be worrying me. I would've thought Jacob would've been the more appealing to the older set--it's sort of the pool boy fantasy, isn't it?--but I guess the lure of The Sparkle was too strong for them. I foresee an award-winning psychology paper on this in ten or fifteen years.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Tungsten Monk wrote:
A little more information on the generational gap between the Edward-fans and the Jacob-fans. Surprise surprise, TwiMoms prefer Eddie:

Quote :
Team Edward: Good thing he's well
above consenting age: Girls make up just 14% of Pattinson's online
seekers, but females all the way in their 50s are intrigued by the pale
Londoner. The latest burning Search questions: that dating situation
with co-star Kristen
Stewart (he says they're so close, they "understand
each other"), his music (a back-up
plan should acting fail), and those genealogical ties to Vlad the
Impaler aka Dracula (a distant
uncle).

Team Jacob: More than a quarter of the hearts that beat for
the Wolf Pack pup are teens, and 1 out of 5 are preteens. Plus, he poses
some manly appeal: 26% of searches are from males, which may explain
all the "taylor
lautner workout routine" queries. (And surely Lautner had his bros
in mind when he claimed "Eclipse" to be the "most
guy-friendly.")

I'm not sure if this should be worrying me. I would've thought Jacob would've been the more appealing to the older set--it's sort of the pool boy fantasy, isn't it?--but I guess the lure of The Sparkle was too strong for them. I foresee an award-winning psychology paper on this in ten or fifteen years.

I wouldn't want to be the psychologist trying to do this study; as you gaze into the abyss etc. etc. OTOH, it might be fun to watch from a distance.

Think the preference for Captain Anemic might have something to do with a fear of getting old, since he and Bella are supposed to be together until nuclear war/the sun goes nova/heat death of the universe, where as Jacob is saddled with boring old mortality, which is apparently for non-speshul people?
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Bamshalam wrote:

gaijinguy wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
You've got
women in their 30s and 40s who are ruining their real-life
marriages/relationships because of a bunch of fictional teenagers. All
the while quietly absorbing the Twilight Saga's dubious message that a
women isn't complete unless she's got a big strong man around to
protect her for the big bad world. And that everyone has a chosen
one/soulmate waiting for them out there, and when they meet, they will
immediately KNOW they've found their ONE TWU WUB.

People actually watch those? I thought they existed to take up space in department stores' remaindered bins.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:34 pm

I just saw the Burger King commercial with real Team Edward/Team Jacob Twitards descending on an unsuspecting restaurant. And I was thinking, "Dear God, people, run for your lives!" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Twilight and the Supreme Court
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:42 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
I just saw the Burger King commercial with real Team Edward/Team Jacob Twitards descending on an unsuspecting restaurant. And I was thinking, "Dear God, people, run for your lives!" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That's the one where they approach a grandfather and ask him which he would prefer his granddaughters to date, a vampire or a werewolf, right? Ugh.
Back to top Go down
StillScreaming

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:14 pm

This is one movie I'm happy America gets before Britain does.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Lady Anne, the fact that she was asking about Twilight was just about the least embarrassing part. Some people should never try to be funny. Even after that rambling anecdote about Twilight, she still felt like she had to explain what Edward and Jacob were? Really?

Frankly, it sounds less like she was wanting to make a joke and more like she just wanted to talk about what she'd done the night before and asked the question in a weak attempt to make it relevant. If she'd done something else Tuesday night, America (or at least those watching C-SPAN) would've likely been treated to the details of that instead. "Have you tried that new Italian place in Georgetown? Oh, my husband took me last night. It was fantastic. I had the... [five minutes of blah, blah, blah] Anyway, oh right, so where do you stand on the case of Meatballs vs. No Meatballs? The big, round wads of meats, not just ground meat in the sauce?"
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:39 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Twilight and the Supreme Court

Isn't this the same dipshit who said these hearings need to better reveal a nominee's opinions and philosophies? I mean, it's an injustice to the American people to appoint someone to the highest court in the land if she can't even answer the most straight forward and simplest of questions. The people have a right to know whether Kagan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] to Edward or Jacob. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Oh God, the Burger King franchise. The boys say it's been non-stop mayhem since they found out they'd be getting the merchandise. Thus far, the stand-up of Edward Cullen has been stolen twice, as has the stand-up of Bella (poor Jacob, apparently no one loves him, since he hasn't had to be replaced). But those are minor, Morgan says, when you're faced with the wrath of half-a-dozen twitards who just saw the movie, and you've run out of the large-sized drink cups that have the characters on them. I guess they honestly thought they were going to have to call the police; the little darlings got verbally abusive, and probably would've gotten physically so if there hadn't been a large steel counter between them and Morgan. He finally had to get the Night Shift manager to come and kick them out. Never mind that they offered them a free coupon to get a cup once they got the next shipment (which was the day after this happened). No, they wanted their Bella/Jacob/Edward cup NOW.

Morgan said he'd rather be attacked by a rabid pitbull than six overly-hormonal girls between the ages of 14 and 17.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Aggie wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Okay, Isabella, Edward, and Jacob are all real names.

Cullen? No. Just no. If you name your kid Cullen, the kid should be taken away from you and given to a pack of wolves so it can be raised properly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Remember that Cullen had an almost homicidal hard-on for the Female Mage Grey Warden.

Just sayin...
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:28 am

I call "Homicidal Hard-on" as a band name.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:37 am

SlyChild wrote:

I swear someone snarked a fic by that name once.....

Also, Pattison's hair does not stay the way it is by means of gel--according to an interview he simply doesn't wash it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:50 am

Sheba wrote:
SlyChild wrote:

I swear someone snarked a fic by that name once.....

Also, Pattison's hair does not stay the way it is by means of gel--according to an interview he simply doesn't wash it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh good lord. And people point to dreadlocks as the nastiest hair. Fuck all'yall and go scrub RPattz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships   Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight Fans' Vampire Addiction Affecting Relationships
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next