Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One less vampire slayer in the world...

Go down 
+8
Rabid Badger
EileenK98
Raine
Chaltab
Bezron
Maximilia
Malganis
Chris91
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

One less vampire slayer in the world... Empty
PostSubject: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:05 am

Corey Haim's dead at 38 from a drug OD. Here are some of the gory details, via Yahoo! News:

Quote :
'Lost Boys' Actor Corey Haim Dead in Burbank at 38

Associated Press - 48 minutes ago

By Robert Jablon, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES -- Corey Haim, a 1980s teen heartthrob for his roles in "Lucas" and "The Lost Boys" whose career was blighted by drug abuse, has died. He was 38.

Haim died at 2:15 a.m. Wednesday at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, Los Angeles County coroner's Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said.

An autopsy will determine the cause of death and there were no other details, she said. Police Sgt. Michael Kammert said there's no evidence of foul play.

Haim had flulike symptoms before he died and was getting over-the-counter and prescription medications, Police Sgt. William Mann said. The cause of death is unknown, Mann said.

"He could have succumbed to whatever (illness) he had or it could have been drugs. Who knows?" Mann said. "He has had a drug problem in the past."

Haim was taken by ambulance to the hospital from an apartment in Los Angeles near Burbank. The enormous complex is known as Oakwood and is popular with young actors, Kammert said.

Haim acknowledged his struggle with drug abuse to The Sun in 2004.

"I was working on 'Lost Boys' when I smoked my first joint," he told the British tabloid....

Last edited by Chris91 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Headline was too small to read the first time)
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:13 am

Quote :
"He could have succumbed to whatever (illness) he had or it could have been drugs. Who knows?" Mann said. "He has had a drug problem in the past."

That response sounds kinda lackadaisical.

Still, pretty sad for someone so young to die like this.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 am

I'll say. I was really hoping he'd pull himself together. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 am

Sad face. One less vampire slayer in the world... 309696
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:55 am

Huh, and we always thought it would be Feldman who died from a (possible) drug overdose
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:06 am

Never seen Lost Boys, but still, it's always disheartening to see a relatively young actor die like this.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Oh man, my friend isn't going to like this... D:
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 pm

A lot of the reports I've heard were kind of hedging and not admitting it was drug-related, but he'd been messed up for years. So sad, really. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Chaltab wrote:
Never seen Lost Boys, but still, it's always disheartening to see a relatively young actor die like this.

Lost Boys was a precursor to all the teenage vampire movies we're being flooded with now. It was actually pretty good, given that it adhered more to a lot of the older legends, such as a vampire not being fully-turned till they killed for the first time. It was also, I believe, the first time the two Corey's (Feldman and Haime) appeared in a movie together.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:34 pm

It's really too bad that a young, talented actor like Haim went down this road and died at 38. It's a sad trend in Hollywood of people dieing before their time from drug ODs, and something needs to change before-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm just fucking with you all. Nothing of value was lost. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carrion Crawler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Carrion Crawler

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Well, to be fair, I might well have OD'ed if I hadn't had a big hit since Lost Boys. Then again, I know some people who really like that movie, showing us that Hollywood failing to make proper use of that is the proverbial inability to sell bread to a starving man.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:52 am

Goddamn it. One less vampire slayer in the world... 309696

When I was an ickle thing, I crushed on him so friggin' hard.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:09 pm

I was never a big fan of Haim (I preferred Feldman) but this makes me sad nonetheless [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One less vampire slayer in the world...   One less vampire slayer in the world... Empty

Back to top Go down

One less vampire slayer in the world...
Page 1 of 1