Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt

Go down 
+15
Princess
Rabid Badger
Raven
Mr.Doobie
Lapin
Khajidu
WD40
Malganis
SlyChild
Miss Misery
Mikey Go WOOGA
Cyberwulf
Just Chipper
Jesus.
Knorg
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt   'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:20 pm

Jesus. wrote:
Also, were there no other flights available to Canada or could he just not afford another airline?/

the article wrote:
He was told he could travel on the next available flight from Gatwick but would have to pay for two seats.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: 'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt   'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 5:35 am

WD40 wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Also, were there no other flights available to Canada or could he just not afford another airline?/

the article wrote:
He was told he could travel on the next available flight from Gatwick but would have to pay for two seats.

I quite literally missed that entirely. I'm not doing well in this, am I?
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: 'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt   'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Malganis wrote:
What exactly do they do for people in wheelchairs or hoveraround-type motorized things? I know that buses (or at least the ones I've ridden on) have broad upfront seating that's turned inward, facing the walkway, so that wheelchairs can be attached to them. I've never ridden on a plane, though, and don't know what they have in place.

For most planes I've been on, wheelchair riders have to transfer to a chair specifically designed for airplane use--their personal chair is gate-checked, and the rider gets wheeled to their seat, where they slide over and buckle up. Reverse the process for deplaning.

Rabid Badger's absolutely right. It's all about how many butts you can put in seats, so they're not likely to cut the number of seats in favor of making them bigger. Flying is a little slice of hell unless you're not proportioned *exactly* right; too large in any dimension, and you're fucked. I hate flying because my legs are juuust too long to be comfortable in most planes.

Of course, I also hate flying because I'm on crutches, and, as Cyberwulf pointed out, condescension is always present. I had one flight where the attendants were openly rude to me, and another where the passengers were assholes; one man shot me dirty looks and bitched at every opportunity to everyone around him about my crutches taking up space in the overhead bin (an hour-long flight and he just wouldn't shut up about it). So I can understand a little how this guy feels embarrassed by how the situation played out. The airline does need to ensure the other customers' comfort, but I don't think they handled this particularly well, all things considered.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: 'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt   'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Yeah, that was customer service fail on the stewardess' part. I also hope he got refunded for the flight if he ended up not taking the next one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt   'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Large' man removed from flight to see dying aunt
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2