Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories

Go down 
+79
Soetkin
Sorsa A. Jänis
Jocelyn
LeeLee
Eagleclaw
Aggie
Cactus Wren
EileenK98
Narwhal
Sheba
bleachedblackcat
vade
Waffles
tim gueguen
Somath Cegem
Miss S
Knorg
Dick Powers
Chaltab
Lady Anne
KGarrett
Penguin
Lurv
Sparrow
El Gotho
Fitchsticks
Raziel the Wise
Chris91
SokMunkie
Fairlight
Sisco
Miraba
Snoof
Seule
Miss Misery
Dr. Professor Science
The Unoriginal
KelinciHutan
unskilled78
The Bitter One
Verandering
theweirdkind
AngryRobotsInc
Miss Prince
Mikey Go WOOGA
Ceres
Root Admin
Delcat
Raine
Rabid Badger
Spotts1701
karmyn31
Lexin
Freezer
Salamas
Reepicheep-chan
Rageful Jewel
A_Note_Chaotic
Lysander
Melissa
DarthDarthington
Trioculus
Knight
Mafiosa
grmblfjx
saeku
gaijinguy
InkWeaver
Maximilia
Lapin
anangrychocobo
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mae Bedlam
Cyberwulf
Animir
myeerah
Manny
rae
ZoZo
83 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:06 am

OMG...I found Henry Hudson's description of the area! He didn't say anything about a city!

Even scarier: I saw a picture of my neighborhood in 1959. There weren't any houses! It's all a government conspiracy to make us think we live indoors!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Good Lord, guys, are you stupid? Of course there aren't any buildings in the pictures of the 1800's.

The gubmint will tell you they just hadn't been built. If those pictures could prove anything, do you really think you'd be able to find them online???
Back to top Go down
Yattara
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Yattara

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Isn't that the conspiracy that any government is smart enough to hide its tracks?
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:01 am

Yattara wrote:
Isn't that the conspiracy that any government is smart enough to hide its tracks?

It would be if the words 'government' and 'smart' could ever actually be used in the same sentence.
Back to top Go down
Yattara
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Yattara

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:44 am

Of course they can be!

"No one smart trusts the government."
"The government is the opposite of smart."
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:15 am

Well, it's not really the individual politicians' fault though, is it? Group intelligence is calculated as the IQ of the dumbest member divided by the number of people in the group: no government has a chance of being much smarter than /b/.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:09 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Well, it's not really the individual politicians' fault though, is it? Group intelligence is calculated as the IQ of the dumbest member divided by the number of people in the group: no government has a chance of being much smarter than /b/.

"None of us is as dumb as all of us." Razz
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:01 am

Zeiss Manifold wrote:
Oh yeah, have we covered Why People Laugh at Creationists? Like hell am I gonna look through all 21 pages to check.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:18 am

Don't think so, no. Although Heywood has offered help with making my GAFF screenshots available, and if I get the abortion thread up, nobody will need an explanation. Shebakoby demonstrates live and in color!
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:09 pm

I hate to drag us back to 9/11 again, but...

While I do believe Al-Qaeda was behind it, just how "out there" am I for willing to believe that Bush, Cheney, etc. may have known about it but simply let it happen, out of malice/to further their own plans and not just incompetence?

I don't really believe this, but I'm not willing to completely shut the door on the possibility either...does that make me an idiot?
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanos6 wrote:

While I do believe Al-Qaeda was behind it, just how "out there" am I for willing to believe that Bush, Cheney, etc. may have known about it but simply let it happen, out of malice/to further their own plans and not just incompetence?

I don't really believe this, but I'm not willing to completely shut the door on the possibility either...does that make me an idiot?

Not really, given that it's since become open knowledge that both the FBI and CIA reported to President Bush and Vice-President Cheney that terrorist activity had increased since they took office, and that they believed that there might very well be a concentrated effort by a group to undertake some sort of attack on American soil.

The problem was that Bush used to openly boast about how he never read his Presidential Briefings-he just had his buddies pick out what they thought was important and read it to him. Combine that with the fact that his family knew, and were friends with, Osama Bin Ladin's family (the morning of the attack, when all airplanes were grounded, a military transport was used to fly Osama Bin Ladin's relatives out of the US; partially to move them out of harms way, and partially, I suspect, in the hopes that no one would go digging around and find out the Bush's had been business associates with them for years). This was actually printed in several newspapers and magazines at the time, but in the climate of total terror that took hold in the aftermath of 9/11, most people chose to ignore it, or were too upset to process it.

I don't believe Bush or Cheney played any active part in 9/11 happening-but they were responsible for it happening by ignoring the advice given to them by the people who were tasked to give them warning about things like that. Their sheer arrogance and belief that the United States was so holy and mighty that nothing could ever happen here makes them, in my mind at least, as culpable for what happened as if they'd known the truth and simply not done anything. They'd been warned, they'd been told the possibility of a large-scale terrorist attack existed, and they preferred to go their merry way, assuming that God was on their side and wouldn't let anything bad happen to a such a good 'Christian' nation.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Thanos6 wrote:

I guess that makes you so out there you've come back round and are sitting in the room with the rest of us.
Sheer incompetence - of which the past administration demonstrated having an ample supply - still explains what happened, so the main defense for Bush and co. is the Occam's razor. Time and again, when warned in advance, they have done too little and too late - it is possible that 9/11 was no exception.
OTOH we cannot rule out that someone in the administration decided a 'token attack' would turn the public opinion in their favour no matter what they decided to do. Someone who possibly read the report about Al Qaeda affiliates learning to fly airliners and said 'Ho humm, hijacking, eh? well, we can afford that.'
Then again, these things have a habit of coming up sooner or later - something minor surfaced in England IIRC, a mail sent in the wake of 9/11 saying, "Any bad things we cannot keep the lid on any longer? Because what with the attacks and the press looking the other side of the Atlantic, this might be the right time to slip stuff past their radars." The sender, a spin doctor in Blair's office, lost her job for it.
IMHO incompetence is still the better explanation, with 9/11 exploitation coming after the attacks. If this was a trial, the administration would be acquitted for lack of evidence. But if this was a car accident, the administration would be guilty of recklessness - not having done everything in their power to prevent the attacks.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:30 am

Best conspiracy ever
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:30 am

ZoZo wrote:
Best conspiracy ever

I am forced to agree.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:34 am

myeerah wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Best conspiracy ever

I am forced to agree.

It is brilliant, but then Obama's not that unusual a type - he looks a bit like Bob Marley. And like my ex-husband.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:16 pm

LEXIN WAS MARRIED TO OBAMA. THAT MEANS HE'S NOT A US CITIZEN!!!11
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 pm

ZoZo wrote:
LEXIN WAS MARRIED TO OBAMA. THAT MEANS HE'S NOT A US CITIZEN!!!11
ZOMG! London is in Kenya! I knew it! I knew the map was wrong when it said London was in England!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:22 pm

ZoZo wrote:
LEXIN WAS MARRIED TO OBAMA.

OMG! That explains so much! And he owes me £800!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories   Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why, God, why do you believe that? Loopy conspiracy theories
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21