Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Monkey boiled alive in giant washing machine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Monkey boiled alive in giant washing machine Empty
PostSubject: Monkey boiled alive in giant washing machine   Monkey boiled alive in giant washing machine EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:55 pm

Link

Quote :
A monkey, slotted to be used in a drug-product research experiment, was instead boiled alive inside an Everett laboratory, a KIRO Team 7 Investigation found.

Okay, those are two pretty shitty fates, but... eh, boiling alive is worse, I guess.

Quote :
Our hidden camera footage, taken inside SNBL headquarters, shows just how obvious it is to see and hear these animals jumping around in their enclosures.

Despite that, KIRO Team 7 Investigators confirmed someone placed a wire kennel, with a healthy female macaque monkey still inside, into a giant rack-washer.

The 180-degree water, caustic foam and detergent killed the primate at some point during the 20-minute cycle.

Joanie McCully is a former Animal Care Supervisor for the SNBL.

"I was sick to my stomach. It broke my heart because that is so avoidable and unnecessary, and I couldn't believe it. I wanted to vomit right there. I had other people calling me and saying, 'Did you hear?' They were in tears. It was just horrible, especially when they described her, foam coming out of her mouth and her gripping the bars of the cage. They had to peel her off of that cage. Yuck.”

McCully is upset by what she calls a "long-standing disregard" for animal care at the Everett facility. As an example, she points to an e-mail from a veterinarian working at SNBL entitled "uh oh".

Oops we accidentally the monkey, the whole thing.

Wow, given this shoddy level of care, I wonder how accurate their tests are, huh? Monkey boiled alive in giant washing machine 961878
Back to top Go down

Monkey boiled alive in giant washing machine
Page 1 of 1