Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple

Go down 
+10
Just Chipper
SirDixonDongs
grmblfjx
theweirdkind
Mafiosa
Somath Cegem
Dick Powers
Penguin
Chaltab
Malganis
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple Empty
PostSubject: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:21 am

Oh, China... *headdesks*

Quote :
Chinese cooking oil siphoned from restaurants' waste tanks and stripped out of raw sewage is being resold on the cheap and has for years tainted approximately one out of every ten meals cooked in the eastern nation, according to a recent study.

YUM.

Quote :
"He Dongping, a professor at the Wuhan Polytechnic University, has been studying the problem for seven years," newspaper Epoch Times noted. "According to China Youth Daily, he found that China recycles an estimated two million to three million tons of waste oil per year. Combining that figure with the estimated 22.5 million tons of total vegetable oil and animal fat consumed by the Chinese per year, it is estimated that 10 percent is returning to people’s dining tables."

The only apparent difference between the toxic sewage oil and normal oil is the remarkable price difference, with the tainted cooking stock selling for approximately half the price of its legitimate competitor.

"In addition to an effective method of detection having yet to be found, the difficulty is compounded once the illegal oil has been blended into ordinary ones," state media China Daily reported. The 'illegal cooking oil' is usually made from discarded kitchen waste that has been refined [after being sieved out of raw sewage]. Although it looks clean and clear, it actually contains toxic substances, including 'aflatoxin', which can cause cancer."

*wonders if the oil literally tastes like crap, too*

Quote :
The state-run China Daily news agency encourages consumers to be suspicious, recommending that buyers "taste" the cancer-causing substance before making a purchase.

Yes, taste it, eat moar crappy (literally) cancer-causing poo oil!

Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple 724940
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:00 am

Sigh. The government of China: limiting the number of children you can have but utterly failing to provide decent health standards for food.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:01 am

China: Because pretending you're a first-world country puts you in the second-world leagues.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 am

China must really want to kill off half of its population.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:06 pm

You know how there are some people who panic about the population of china over running the world? Not at this rate it won't.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 pm

I know I said Chinese food tasted like shit but this is ridiculous! Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple 723337
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:29 pm

And nobody noticed before this that their food tasted like shit?
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:40 pm

I take it this is somehow different from recycled water?
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 pm

this sounds perfectly palatable to me
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

I really wish this article is written tongue-in-cheek; I can't stomach this being true.
Back to top Go down
murderbythebook

murderbythebook

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Back in 2004 or so China was in trouble for making soy sauce out of human hair. Something about extracting amino acids and such. Now they have cancerous sewage oil.

Yummy.

A little back ally cat seasoned with human hair and fried in sewage. The breakfast of champions.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 pm

murderbythebook wrote:
Back in 2004 or so China was in trouble for making soy sauce out of human hair. Something about extracting amino acids and such. Now they have cancerous sewage oil.

Yummy.

A little back ally cat seasoned with human hair and fried in sewage. The breakfast of champions.

Don't forget about cellophane noodles bleached with rongalite.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Soylent brown?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:49 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
I take it this is somehow different from recycled water?
Well with water you can get the solids to settle out, and treat it with special organisms that kill off the harmful pathogens. Then after you pump it back into the river and abstract it somewhere else for drinking, you can filter it and/or zap it with UV light, and dose it with chlorine. Waste oil is probably trickier to extract (ps everybody, you shouldn't put oil or fats down the drains in the first place) and treat to a satisfactory level.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Somehow I'm totally not surprised about any of this.

I'm not surprised China cooks their food in turd oil. I'm not surprised the Chinese government hardly cares that people cook their food in poo oil. And I'm not surprised it causes cancer.

After all, China is the cancer that is killing Earth. Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple 961878
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple   Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple Empty

Back to top Go down

Cooking oil made from sewage is Chinese cuisine staple
Page 1 of 1