Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport

Go down 
+5
Mikey Go WOOGA
Seule
Carrion Crawler
Mafiosa
Malganis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport Empty
PostSubject: Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport   Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Finches. Yes, finches.

Quote :
Tiny birds seem to be the next, albeit improbable, wave in fight-to-the-death blood sport.

Twice in recent months, authorities have raided operations where finches were kept to attack each other for onlookers who bet on which birds would survive the matches.

So, basically it's kinda like cockfighting or dogfighting, expect now with tiny birds who wouldn't normally fight each other to death in the wild.

Quote :
"I understand it sounds odd," says Tim Rickey, the ASPCA's director of field investigations. "But cruelty is cruelty, and the suffering that's part of this practice is horrible."

Moreover, authorities worry about public safety. "The individuals who enjoy this kind of brutality, who attend these fights should be regarded as very dangerous," he says. "They're the same type of people who enjoy dog fighting and rooster fighting. There may be drugs or arms, and criminal backgrounds."

Increased public awareness and reporting have made dog and rooster fighting riskier, Rickey says. Finches are much cheaper to raise and keep, they're quieter, and they're easier to transport and secret away, he says.

Sick shit. Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport 309696
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport   Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:40 pm

If you've got bird problems I feel bad for you, son.

I got 99 problems but a finch ain't one.

e: why the fuck was this the first thing to pop into my head
Back to top Go down
Carrion Crawler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Carrion Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport   Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

It's times like these we need a Freud smiley.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport   Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:49 pm

I have a friend called Finch (it's a nickname)...

First thing that came into my head was "what's that pillock gone and done now?"

Mmhm, but this is just... I like finches, they're sweet. Who looks at a finch and goes "you know what that bird would look good doing? FIGHTING TO THE DEATH."?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport   Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
If you've got bird problems I feel bad for you, son.

I got 99 problems but a finch ain't one.

Because you're four feet and ten inches of dumpy awesome. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, I'd be more outraged if I knew what a finch was or if I wasn't too lazy to look it up myself. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport   Finches used in animal-fighting bloodsport EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:55 pm