Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Venables Recalled To Prison

Go down 
+17
The Unoriginal
Grimley Fieendish
Just Chipper
TheHedonist
DarthDarthington
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rabid Badger
ZoZo
WD40
Knorg
Mafiosa
Ezri Dax
Chaltab
Dick Powers
Delcat
Funny Bunny
Seule
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

Jon Venables Recalled To Prison Empty
PostSubject: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:46 am

Jon Venables was one of the two 10-year-old boys who were jailed for the abduction and murder of 2-year-old James Bulger in 1993. In 2001, both boys were released from prison with new identities and a worldwide gagging order to prevent the press from finding them.

However, this week one has been called back for violation of his licence conditions. This has, of course, sparked mass speculation about why he was called back (it could be anything from assault to missing appointments with his parole officer person to going within x miles of Merseyside, where he grew up).

Of course, there is one massive problem with this recall - having pretty much devoted 17 years to keeping this man's identity an absolute secret, what's going to happen now? Everyone knows that somewhere in the country, a 27-year-old man who looks like the photograph of the 10-year-old Venables has been recalled into prison sometime last week. They know that he's a Liverpudlian (which means a very distinctive accent in Britain), they know that he'll be getting special treatment due to his high-profile case and if you'll believe the press they even know what he may have been recalled for (a 'workplace brawl', apparently).

I forget what I was going to close with, so here's a thing.

Colbert
Back to top Go down
Funny Bunny

Funny Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:54 am

INB4 "Why were they released in the first place"

oh, wait. Why were they released in the first place?

Seriously, 8 years in "Juvie" for murder? That's it?
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:25 am

Seule wrote:
Of course, there is one massive problem with this recall - having pretty much devoted 17 years to keeping this man's identity an absolute secret, what's going to happen now?
We start accusing each other?

...tenbux if someone throws Hucklebuck under the bus.

...or under a bus.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:51 am

Funny Bunny wrote:
INB4 "Why were they released in the first place"

oh, wait. Why were they released in the first place?

Seriously, 8 years in "Juvie" for murder? That's it?

I believe a maximum sentence of prison until a person is 20 is the norm for children triad as juveniles.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:17 pm

I confess: I'm Jon Venables.
Back to top Go down
Ezri Dax
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ezri Dax

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:25 pm

It was a sexual offence that got him recalled.

Quote :
A national newspaper also claimed today that Venables was returned to custody for committing a serious sexual offence, although that has not been confirmed.

Also

Quote :
But, a breach also includes committing any further criminal offence, which includes assault, the offence alleged after the work bust-up last week.

Well, if he is convicted of either assault or a sex offence he should be kept in jail for a lot longer. In my opinion he should never have been released so soon in the first place, a ten year old knows not to torture and murder another child, because such things are typically considered both evil and contrary to human nature.

I also think that the Bulger family deserve to know the truth, after all it is their sons killer that was let loose.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Chaltab wrote:

No, I'm Spartacus Jon Venables!

Quote :

And then Jon was a sex offender.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Quote :

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that that was first reported in The Sun. 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Ezri Dax
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ezri Dax

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Seule wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that that was first reported in The Sun. 'Nuff said.

What's wrong with the Sun... except for it being a tabloid paper?
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:47 pm

I can see it now

"Do you know a criminal scouser? Call The Sun's news desk immediately!"

10 minutes after the edition goes on sale the telephones melt from overuse.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm just gonna quote Anton Vowel here, because he says what I feel, and does it better than I could.

Quote :
And so the drip-drip of details goes on. As I said yesterday, I can't help suspecting that the papers and broadcasters are secretly hoping that someone will release details on the internet, that they will become widely spread through social networking, and that they can then go on to reveal them, using the excuse that the information is in the public domain. They're sly enough to do that. They're certainly trying to create a clamour, and much as they try and distance themselves from the 'bloodshed' of vigilantes and pretend it's nothing to do with them, they've created the environment in which such attacks will flourish.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Chaltab wrote:

No, I'm Spartacus Jon Venables!
Knorg is Jon Venables. We are all Knorg. Thus, we are all Jon Venables.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Ezri Dax wrote:
What's wrong with the Sun... except for it being a tabloid paper?
Jon Venables Recalled To Prison 886522 Jon Venables Recalled To Prison 724940

Oh yeah, you're a troll. Never mind.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:17 pm

WD40 wrote:
I'm just gonna quote Anton Vowel here, because he says what I feel, and does it better than I could.

Quote :
And so the drip-drip of details goes on. As I said yesterday, I can't help suspecting that the papers and broadcasters are secretly hoping that someone will release details on the internet, that they will become widely spread through social networking, and that they can then go on to reveal them, using the excuse that the information is in the public domain. They're sly enough to do that. They're certainly trying to create a clamour, and much as they try and distance themselves from the 'bloodshed' of vigilantes and pretend it's nothing to do with them, they've created the environment in which such attacks will flourish.

Well, it's nice to see the UK newspaper industry operates pretty much the same way as the American.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Delcat wrote:
Seule wrote:
Of course, there is one massive problem with this recall - having pretty much devoted 17 years to keeping this man's identity an absolute secret, what's going to happen now?

...or under a bus.

What do I have to do with this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ALSO, if England had balls like AMERICANS do, they'd have executed these two turds. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:59 pm

See this? This is my total lack of surprise.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:26 pm

DarthDarthington wrote:
See this? This is my total lack of surprise.

Let me show you how surprised I am.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:09 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Seule wrote:

...or under a bus.

What do I have to do with this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ALSO, if England had balls like AMERICANS do, they'd have executed these two turds. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Americans with balls execute 10-year olds?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:43 am

WD40 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Seule wrote:

...or under a bus.

Of course. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!11
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:35 am

Rabid Badger wrote:

Well, it's nice to see the UK newspaper industry operates pretty much the same way as the American.

The same company owns big names in both. Rupert Murdoch, come on down!
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:37 am

WD40 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Seule wrote:

...or under a bus.

IT TAKES A LOT OF COURAGE AND STRENGTH TO KILL A PRETEEN
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:42 am

Seule wrote:
WD40 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

IT TAKES A LOT OF COURAGE AND STRENGTH TO KILL A PRETEEN

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO KILL JON VENABLES?
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:43 am

The plot thickens

Quote :
Jon Venables - one of the killers of James Bulger - was recalled to prison on suspicion of offences related to images of child abuse, a paper reports.

If this is true, then Jon's future looks bleak indeed.

Quote :
Justice Secretary Jack Straw said he faced "extremely serious allegations".

Quote :
James Bulger's mother, Denise Fergus, said Venables should lose his anonymity if he is charged with serious offences.

As much as I feel for Denise, I can't agree with this. Venables has been deamonised to the point that people are perfectly willing to take action, not only on him, but on his family. This is the point that people seem to be missing out on. Jon isn't annonymous just to protect his human rights, (which is the line The Sun, The Mail ETC are presenting, in their continuing campaign to connect the HRA to the EU, in their continuing campaign line of Europe is bad and no one really needs human rights) but to protect his family and friends.

Quote :
Speaking on behalf of the 42-year-old before the Mirror published its claims, her spokesman Chris Johnson said she was "appalled" by Venables' return to jail.

"She doesn't think that he should be at liberty anyway," he said.

Again, this woman is greaving still for the death of her son, who was brutally murdered for no apparent reason. I'm not going to say that her opinions are wrong, but you have to admit that they are emotionally loaded.

This whole affair will get a hell of a lot uglier...
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:57 am

Hmm, the "a paper reports thing" is iffy, because it could be any paper. Hell, it could be The Onion and it would still be a valid phrase.

Edit: Oh, the Daily Mirror.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:07 am

Seule wrote:
Hmm, the "a paper reports thing" is iffy, because it could be any paper. Hell, it could be The Onion and it would still be a valid phrase.

Edit: Oh, the Daily Sunday Mirror.

Nitpicky fix.

The Onion is just as crediable as The Mirror, mind... Moreso, perhaps... The writers of The Onion clearly put effort into their stories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Venables Recalled To Prison   Jon Venables Recalled To Prison Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Venables Recalled To Prison
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next