Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby

Go down 
+11
Chaltab
Raine
Malganis
Psy-4
Rabid Badger
Mafiosa
Goat
Keith Fraser
Salamas
Verandering
Dick Powers
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby Empty
PostSubject: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:40 pm

BBC News wrote:

The pair fed their own premature baby just once a day in between 12-hour stretches at an internet cafe, the official Yonhap news agency reported.

Police officer Chung Jin-won told Yonhap they "lost their will to live a normal life" after losing their jobs.

He said they "indulged themselves online" to escape from reality.

The 41-year-old father and his 25-year-old wife were arrested in the city of Suweon, south of Seoul, earlier this week, five months after they reported the death of their baby.

An autopsy showed her death was caused by a long period of malnutrition.

The couple had become obsessed with nurturing a virtual girl called Anima in the popular role-playing game Prius Online, police said on Friday.

The game enables players to interact with Anima and as they do so, help her to recover her lost memory and develop emotions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Goddamn it, South Korea.

Last edited by Dick Powers on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby 199471 Ugh. That's terrible.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:14 pm

That's terrible, a virtual child taking precedent over own actual flesh and blood? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:25 pm

South Korea seems to be a hotbed of this kind of thing - wasn't there a guy who died from sitting in an internet cafe for something like 72 hours a few years ago?
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:29 pm

EPIC FUCKING PARENTING FAIL
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:49 pm

how is babby starved
how girl get exp.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:48 pm

Keith Fraser wrote:
South Korea seems to be a hotbed of this kind of thing - wasn't there a guy who died from sitting in an internet cafe for something like 72 hours a few years ago?

There was also a guy who legally married an avatar he met on an online virtual dating site.

I'm beginning to think that Korea and the surrounding area in general is even stranger than Japan. Which is saying something.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
how is babby starved
how girl get exp.

They need to do way instain mother> who starve thier babbys. becuse these babby cant fede self?
it was on the news this mroing a mother in kor who had starve her kid . they are taking the babby back to morgu too lady to rest my pary are with the father who lost his chrilde ; i am truley sorry for thier lots
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:46 pm

I can't help but wonder if these two were just ordinary people who mentally snapped and started to have some shared delusion or mental illness that was reinforced by each other and the circumstances of having no jobs. Perhaps in ideal circumstances they would have been good or decent parents, but they just took a terrible, terrible turn here...
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:19 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
how is babby starved
how girl get exp.

They need to do way instain mother> who starve thier babbys. becuse these babby cant fede self?
it was on the news this mroing a mother in kor who had starve her kid . they are taking the babby back to morgu too lady to rest my pary are with the father who lost his chrilde ; i am truley sorry for thier lots

Don't ever change.

Malganis wrote:
I can't help but wonder if these two were just ordinary people who mentally snapped and started to have some shared delusion or mental illness that was reinforced by each other and the circumstances of having no jobs. Perhaps in ideal circumstances they would have been good or decent parents, but they just took a terrible, terrible turn here...

According to another source, both parents suffered from depression after losing their jobs. In South Korea has a very high rate of work-place related suicides. The average South Korean family has both parents working 14 hour days, that's bond to drive anyone to suicide.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Keith Fraser wrote:

I thought that was China, but South Korea really is just as bad when it comes to virtual addiction.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:39 pm

At any rate South Korea can't be too rosy given the prevalence we see of psychotic and often fatal levels of internet addiction.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:15 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
There was also a guy who legally married an avatar he met on an online virtual dating site.

Wait, just the avatar? Not the person behind it? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:27 am

Keith Fraser wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

Wait, just the avatar? Not the person behind it? Shocked

Was a bit confused. She was a character in a video game. You can read the story here:

Man Marries Video Girl

I frankly think he's a few straws short of a bale, but whatever makes you happy, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:35 am

Sally2 wrote:
That's terrible, a virtual child taking precedent over own actual flesh and blood? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I can't hear you, I'm too busy ignoring my homework to play FFXI.

Mally wrote:
I can't help but wonder if these two were just ordinary people who
mentally snapped and started to have some shared delusion or mental
illness that was reinforced by each other and the circumstances of
having no jobs. Perhaps in ideal circumstances they would have been
good or decent parents, but they just took a terrible, terrible turn
here...

EVERY fucking time something goes wrong, you have to say something about mental illness causing it. I'm surprised you didn't say the lawnmower that killed the Aussie had anger management issues.

Why isn't some people can't just be fatally irresponsible, or evil, or whatever? There has to be a diagnosis from fucking Freud before it makes any sense to you, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:41 am

Because 'evil' is totally a recognised condition.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:45 am

Freud sucks.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:48 am

Hucklebuck wrote:
Why isn't some people can't just be fatally irresponsible, or evil, or whatever?
You do realize that if people didn't try to find answers for behavior instead of automatically hating someone, you would have been murdered in your sleep long ago, don't you?

This makes me wonder how Mary Sue Slappababe is coming along.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:56 am

Delcat wrote:
Hucklebuck wrote:
Why isn't some people can't just be fatally irresponsible, or evil, or whatever?
You do realize that if people didn't try to find answers for behavior instead of automatically hating someone, you would have been murdered in your sleep long ago, don't you?

This makes me wonder how Mary Sue Slappababe is coming along.

Oh yeah, I guess I should throw her a sandwich or something.

I should start that up again when summer comes.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:26 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Oh yeah, I guess I should throw her a sandwich or something.
Nonsense, you'll spoil the girl. Give her a squeaky toy and maybe crack the window a little and she'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:39 pm

I have to ask what I'm sure everyone else is thinking but can't bring themselves to say...

But what about the virtual babby?! Think of the virtual children! I mean, she'll waste away into nothingness if her meat space parents can't take care of her! Woe!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Aggie wrote:
I have to ask what I'm sure everyone else is thinking but can't bring themselves to say...

But what about the virtual babby?! Think of the virtual children! I mean, she'll waste away into nothingness if her meat space parents can't take care of her! Woe!

Aggie, darlin', I don't know quite how to explain this to you, but babby never existed in the first place, except in cyberspace. She was a computer program/
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Delcat wrote:
Hucklebuck wrote:

You do realize that if people didn't try to find answers for
behavior instead of automatically hating someone, you would have been
murdered in your sleep long ago, don't you?

You realize THAT has nothing to do with it and the reason I'm still alive is I never sleep where someone knows I'd be sleeping? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rabid Badger wrote:
Aggie wrote:

Aggie, darlin', I don't know quite how to explain this to you, but babby never existed in the first place, except in cyberspace. She was a computer program/

You're being sarcastic and unfunny right? Because even you aren't stupid enough to not get that Aggy was joking. I think I have a picture to sum up my disappointment with you, lemme find it...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Mikey, babe, she was joking and if I had a macro to sum up my disappointment with you, I'd use it.

Hey, Zeiss, if you're reading, can I get a disappointed macro? Please?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:55 am

Goat wrote:
Mikey, babe, she was joking and if I had a macro to sum up my disappointment with you, I'd use it.

Hey, Zeiss, if you're reading, can I get a disappointed macro? Please?

Are you sure? scratch It seemed like she was being serious.

Also, I need to send you my Reaction folder. Colbert My reaction to hearing you have no reactions:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby   Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby Empty

Back to top Go down

Child starves to death as as parents raise a virtual baby
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next