Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison

Go down 
+9
the asylum
Penguin
Dick Powers
TheHermit
KelinciHutan
Chris91
Chaltab
Miss Prince
DarthDarthington
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison Empty
PostSubject: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Just what it says on the tin.

Quote :
A British teacher fearing jail in the Middle East after her ex-lover posted naked pictures of her on Facebook drank cleaning fluid and died...

Emma Jones was working in Abu Dhabi when one of her colleagues spotted the explicit images on the networking website, the Cardiff hearing was told.
The 24-year-old was frightened of being jailed in the strict Muslim country after the male co-worker accused her of being a prostitute, her mother claimed.

Now people are arguing over whether or not it was even suicide or if something else is up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:44 pm

D:
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Oh hell! What the--! They can't jail you for pictures taken in another country, can they? This is all kinds of awful. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:46 pm

This is weapons-grade sick.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Chaltab wrote:
Oh hell! What the--! They can't jail you for pictures taken in another country, can they? This is all kinds of awful. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Abu Dhabi is in the UAE, so...I wouldn't think they would actually. Then again, I don't see much news from them.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Wait, Abu Dhabi is a real place? I just thought it was a fictional hell-hole that Garfield was always threatening to send Nermal to.

Kidding, of course, but if I don't add something like this some trolling retard will make a "snarky" comment and shit up the thread even more and we can't have that now can we?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:40 pm

The UAE is a shit hole, it's sad that so many people get doped into going there.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
The UAE is a shit hole, it's sad that so many people get doped into going there.
You mean duped, right? Unless people are getting drugged and transported there against their will.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:19 am

Chaltab wrote:

It's the UA fucking E. There was couple taking a trip to Dubai, and the woman was raped by a waiter. When they reported it to the police, they arrested her for staying in the same hotel room as her boyfriend. The teacher was right to be worried.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 am

Chaltab wrote:

This is the UAE you're talking about. I'd imagine cleaning fluid would be a lot less painful than a dumptruck full of stones. (They use a dumptruck now for stoning instead of thrown stones because it's more "humane"- welcome to the UAE)
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Penguin wrote:
Chaltab wrote:

It's the UA fucking E. There was couple taking a trip to Dubai, and the woman was raped by a waiter. When they reported it to the police, they arrested her for staying in the same hotel room as her boyfriend. The teacher was right to be worried.

Dubai has probably the largest gap in the world between the good press it gets and the horrible reality. This article is long, but very enlightening. Some highlights:

Quote :
Sahinal Monir, a slim 24-year-old from the deltas of Bangladesh. "To get you here, they tell you Dubai is heaven. Then you get here and realise it is hell," he says. Four years ago, an employment agent arrived in Sahinal's village in Southern Bangladesh. He told the men of the village that there was a place where they could earn 40,000 takka a month (£400) just for working nine-to-five on construction projects. It was a place where they would be given great accommodation, great food, and treated well. All they had to do was pay an up-front fee of 220,000 takka (£2,300) for the work visa – a fee they'd pay off in the first six months, easy. So Sahinal sold his family land, and took out a loan from the local lender, to head to this paradise.

As soon as he arrived at Dubai airport, his passport was taken from him by his construction company. He has not seen it since. He was told brusquely that from now on he would be working 14-hour days in the desert heat – where western tourists are advised not to stay outside for even five minutes in summer, when it hits 55 degrees – for 500 dirhams a month (£90), less than a quarter of the wage he was promised. If you don't like it, the company told him, go home. "But how can I go home? You have my passport, and I have no money for the ticket," he said. "Well, then you'd better get to work," they replied.
This is how basically all of Dubai functions; trick people into coming on false pretenses, then force them into slavery. It's easy to keep overhead costs low if you don't pay your labor.
Quote :
Sheikh Mohammed turned Dubai into Creditopolis, a city built entirely on debt. Dubai owes 107 percent of its entire GDP. It would be bust already, if the neighbouring oil-soaked state of Abu Dhabi hadn't pulled out its chequebook. Mohammed says this will constrict freedom even further. "Now Abu Dhabi calls the tunes – and they are much more conservative and restrictive than even Dubai. Freedom here will diminish every day." Already, new media laws have been drafted forbidding the press to report on anything that could "damage" Dubai or "its economy". Is this why the newspapers are giving away glossy supplements talking about "encouraging economic indicators"?
And if you try to tell people that it's not as nice as they say it is, you will be kidnapped, beaten, deported, or worse.
Quote :
My patience frayed by all this excess, I find myself snapping: doesn't the omnipresent slave class bother you? I hope they misunderstood me, because the woman replied: "That's what we come for! It's great, you can't do anything for yourself!" Her husband chimes in: "When you go to the toilet, they open the door, they turn on the tap – the only thing they don't do is take it out for you when you have a piss!" And they both fall about laughing.
Also? None of the people who live or vacation there gives a shit. They think slave labor is all aces as long as they're comfortable. FUCK YOU GOT MINE taken to its natural conclusion.
Quote :
Dr Mohammed Raouf, the environmental director of the Gulf Research Centre, sounds sombre as he sits in his Dubai office and warns: "This is a desert area, and we are trying to defy its environment. It is very unwise. If you take on the desert, you will lose."

Sheikh Maktoum built his showcase city in a place with no useable water. None. There is no surface water, very little acquifer, and among the lowest rainfall in the world. So Dubai drinks the sea. The Emirates' water is stripped of salt in vast desalination plants around the Gulf – making it the most expensive water on earth. It costs more than petrol to produce, and belches vast amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere as it goes. It's the main reason why a resident of Dubai has the biggest average carbon footprint of any human being – more than double that of an American.
As soon as the money stops flowing, the entire city will get eaten by the desert within a few years. It's entirely unsustainable.
Quote :
"It started like this. We began to get complaints from people using the beach. The water looked and smelled odd, and they were starting to get sick after going into it. So I wrote to the ministers of health and tourism and expected to hear back immediately – but there was nothing. Silence. I hand-delivered the letters. Still nothing."

The water quality got worse and worse. The guests started to spot raw sewage, condoms, and used sanitary towels floating in the sea. So the hotel ordered its own water analyses from a professional company. "They told us it was full of fecal matter and bacteria 'too numerous to count'. I had to start telling guests not to go in the water, and since they'd come on a beach holiday, as you can imagine, they were pretty pissed off." She began to make angry posts on the expat discussion forums – and people began to figure out what was happening. Dubai had expanded so fast its sewage treatment facilities couldn't keep up. The sewage disposal trucks had to queue for three or four days at the treatment plants – so instead, they were simply drilling open the manholes and dumping the untreated sewage down them, so it flowed straight to the sea.
Those beaches on the travel brochures? If you go swimming, you'll get poisoned by raw sewage and industrial waste. But try to point this out to the authorities and they'll deny the problem exists.
Quote :
I ask the Filipino girl behind the counter if she likes it here. "It's OK," she says cautiously. Really? I say. I can't stand it. She sighs with relief and says: "This is the most terrible place! I hate it! I was here for months before I realised – everything in Dubai is fake. Everything you see. The trees are fake, the workers' contracts are fake, the islands are fake, the smiles are fake – even the water is fake!" But she is trapped, she says. She got into debt to come here, and she is stuck for three years: an old story now. "I think Dubai is like an oasis. It is an illusion, not real. You think you have seen water in the distance, but you get close and you only get a mouthful of sand."
tl;dr version: I legitimately want to see Dubai wiped off the face of the earth, and anyone who regularly vacations there should be executed as an enemy of humanity. Not joking at all.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Holy hell, no joke. Damn, things like this make me wish we had Superman-like beings not answerable to any government in the real world that could go in and smash things up.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Dubai sounds like a fun place for a vacation, Oh kids lets sell ourselves into slavery! British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison 588739 seriously though, that's fucked up, the teacher drinking cyanide or cleaner or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Chaltab wrote:
Holy hell, no joke. Damn, things like this make me wish we had Superman-like beings not answerable to any government in the real world that could go in and smash things up.

After about a month on the job they'd probably just kill us all.
Back to top Go down
Ezri Dax
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ezri Dax

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Penguin wrote:
Chaltab wrote:

None of this should come as a surprise. It's Islam in action.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Ezri Dax wrote:
None of this should come as a surprise. It's Islam in action.

Somebody copy-paste this to FSTDT.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Everyone, please just ignore Erzi. She's an admitted troll.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Knorg wrote:
Chaltab wrote:

After about a month on the job they'd probably just kill us all.

I for one always keep a chunk of Kryptonite nearby.

Not that I'm worried some hyper moralized berserker would frown upon anything I do on a regular basis. Speaking of regular basis... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, isn't this a result of mixing Islam with idiotic lunatics and the government? So Erzi is a third right. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison   British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison Empty

Back to top Go down

British teacher in Abu Dhabi commits suicide to avoid prison
Page 1 of 1