Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.

Go down 
+21
Psy-4
Ceres
lovedless
KJM
Aggie
InkWeaver
Thanos6
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
KelinciHutan
Narwhal
Cyberwulf
VB
DeeDee
Hot Cancer
unskilled78
Mafiosa
Chalchihuitlicue
Inciter
Verandering
theweirdkind
Malganis
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. Empty
PostSubject: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:19 am

"Stupid" is not the word I'd choose to describe this...

Quote :
A judge told a driver she displayed "moronic stupidity" by deliberately and repeatedly blocking an ambulance which was carrying a dying patient.

Annika Avery, 20, of Leicester, was given a five-month prison sentence, suspended for two years. She had already admitted dangerous driving.

The court was told that Avery overtook the ambulance at speed and slowed down, causing the vehicle to brake suddenly. She did this even though the siren was on, Leicester Crown Court heard.

What. A. Bitch. There's really no other words to describe that sort of behavior. Except possibly 'sociopathic'.

Quote :
Avery, of Tatlow Road, Glenfield, was said to be under stress at the time of the incident in July 2008, although no other reason was given for her behaviour.

A generic explanation of equally generic 'stress' doesn't really rationalize it, either. Plenty of people are under all sorts of stress and don't choose to go out and fuck around with ambulances that have dying people in them.

Quote :
In the back of the ambulance a paramedic was giving heart compressions to an elderly patient.

Such was the force of the braking that the paramedic was flung the length of the vehicle, the court heard.

The paramedic said he looked across and saw Avery and a male passenger laughing and making obscene gestures.

What charming, lovely people. I hope their lives or the lives of people they care about are never endangered by an ambulance not arriving at the hospital quickly enough.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:26 am

Quote :
"People who commit this type of crime must think of the consequences - one day because of the mindless actions of someone else they, or their loved one, might not get the urgent medical care they need."
Yeah, and I'm sure she'd be crying if that happened to a loved one. What. A. Bitch.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:33 am

Shocked

What the shit.
Back to top Go down
Inciter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Inciter

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:47 am

Quote :
The court was told that Avery overtook the ambulance at speed and slowed down, causing the vehicle to brake suddenly.
They should've just rear-ended her for being a fucking bitch. Angry

Quote :
The paramedic said he looked across and saw Avery and a male passenger laughing and making obscene gestures.
I'm sure they'll find it amusing when they're dying in an ambulance and someone is blocking the road.

Quote :
The patient in the ambulance died and the judge said if Avery's driving had played any part in that death, she would have been facing a very
different sentence.
Well, I'm sure she'd laugh about it because she obviously didn't care that someone was dying in there to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Chalchihuitlicue

Chalchihuitlicue

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 6:15 am

Ugh, I thought it was bad here where people just don't move or stop for ambulances, but going out of the way to try and slow one down/stop it or cause an accident? What a horrible person.
Back to top Go down
http://demihime.livejournal.com
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 8:55 am

Jesus, what the hell.

People are this insane?

Blows my mind.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:15 pm

I think I shall start a secret society, the Ultra Darwinists. This sort of person will be hunted down and killed. We will try to make the punishment fit what drew them to our attention. In this case: being strapped to the back bumper of her car, while we repeatedly rear-end it in another, bigger car.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Nice idea Skillet, but no doubt your members would argue about what constitutes death-deserving stupidity and your Ultras would start killing each other in increasingly twisted ways for minor transgretions against intellect.

I bet these retards have been pulling this for ages on other cars. Can't wait until they do it infront of a psychopath who doesn't brake and runs them off the road.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:18 pm

"Moronic stupidity" implies she didn't understand what she was doing.

This bitch knew exactly what she was doing. She probably is stupid, but it sounds more like "sociopathic stupidity" to me.
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Verandering wrote:
Shocked

What the shit.

I'm going with this one. How does it occur to someone that they should go out and deliberately try to fuck with an ambulance? How does that happen?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 4:38 pm

Inciter wrote:
Quote :
The court was told that Avery overtook the ambulance at speed and slowed down, causing the vehicle to brake suddenly.

Yes, they should've deliberately damaged the ambulance and possibly injured themselves and/or the patient.

Don't be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 6:24 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Inciter wrote:
Quote :

Yes, they should've deliberately damaged the ambulance and possibly injured themselves and/or the patient.

Don't be ridiculous.

I dunno, ambulances (at least the ones I've seen) tend to be kind of big. A scenario with a big car running into a smaller one tends to turn out badly for the smaller vehicle.

I'm not saying that deliberately rear-ending her to try to get her out of the way would have worked, nor that they should have done that (though the thought is tempting). Frankly, the whole thing is so bizarre that I don't know what would have worked to safely get her out of the ambulance's way (aside from her having a conscience and a brain and staying the fuck out of their way) -- rear-ending her probably would have endangered the people in the ambulance, and her blocking their way certainly endangered the people in the ambulance, given the descriptions of people in the ambulance being thrown back and forth when they braked.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:45 pm

The patient died, so why is this woman not being held responsible for the enormous part she played in that death? Her interference cost precious time and obviously broke the paramedic's concentration seeing as how they were flug across the ambulance! And you can't tell me all that sudden braking and panicking didn't have an effect on the old lady who just had a heart attack!

Why is she only going to jail for five months?!
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Narwhal wrote:
The patient died, so why is this woman not being held responsible for the enormous part she played in that death? Her interference cost precious time and obviously broke the paramedic's concentration seeing as how they were flug across the ambulance! And you can't tell me all that sudden braking and panicking didn't have an effect on the old lady who just had a heart attack!

Why is she only going to jail for five months?!
It may be the patient was so near death anyway as to make absolutely no difference, or that they were far enough away from the hospital that she would not have survived the whole trip. Given that the judge sounded like the court had wanted to charge her with a wrongful death, I imagine that option was explored.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:34 am

It can't be certified that this woman is directly responsible for the old man's death, but there's no doubt that she deliberately blocked that ambulance, and she needs at the very least a good slap to the face and being told to get the fuck over it.

You can't put other people's lives in danger just because you've had a bad day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:26 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
It can't be certified that this woman is directly responsible for the old man's death, but there's no doubt that she deliberately blocked that ambulance, and she needs at the very least a good slap to the face and being told to get the fuck over it.
I think she got more than a slap in the face since she got five months in prison.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:35 am

theweirdkind wrote:
Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
I think she got more than a slap in the face since she got five months in prison.

Quote :
Annika Avery, 20, of Leicester, was given a five-month prison sentence, suspended for two years. She had already admitted dangerous driving.

Hopefully she'll fuck up again inside the two years though...
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:17 pm

She should have every bone in her body broken, then forced to crawl to the hospital without any aid.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Thanos6 wrote:
She should have every bone in her body broken, then forced to crawl to the hospital without any aid.
Yeah, you'd like that, wouldn't you Thanos? Bet you jizzed all over your keyboard just thinking about it.

Mother of Christ, how the fuck can you come on here and condemn blocking an ambulance for shits n' giggles, causing a patient's death, and then advocate horrendous torture of the perpetrator? How does your head not explode from the cognitive fucking dissonance?
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 pm

I just think she should do hard jail time.

Am I not hardcore enough?
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:
Yeah, you'd like that, wouldn't you Thanos? Bet you jizzed all over your keyboard just thinking about it.

Mother of Christ, how the fuck can you come on here and condemn blocking an ambulance for shits n' giggles, causing a patient's death, and then advocate horrendous torture of the perpetrator? How does your head not explode from the cognitive fucking dissonance?

Because I'm a 911 dispatcher and I know how important they are.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

Likely because he, like myself and others, think that people who haven't done any wrong are more deserving of good feelings rather than the people who deliberately go out of the way to ensure that bad things happen to a). a person in distress and b). public employees who are just doing their job.

Cyberwulf, this woman purposely went out of her way to antagonize and disrupt a service that was in the process of attempting to save someone's life. She knew this was being done and did it anyway. I don't feel there's anything wrong with wishing ill on someone who took an active part in trying to inflict pain on other people. I mean, come on: there's an ambulance with the siren on racing down the street; this Annika person knew there was an emergency and tried (and apparently succeeded) to prevent advanced aid from reaching the patient. It is perfectly understandable that people would be shocked and angered at this sort of thing.

Now, if someone had said she deserved to get raped with a rusty scalpel I'd tend to agree with you but they didn't so I don't.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Aggie wrote:
I don't feel there's anything wrong with wishing ill on someone who took an active part in trying to inflict pain on other people.
Well, I'll tell you my problem with it, Aggie. It doesn't solve anything. It doesn't make you look more righteous than the person who committed the crime. It doesn't do anything except help you masturbate to your own sense of outrage and make you look like a disgusting person and monstrous hypocrite. OH SHE SHOULD HAVE ALL HER BONES BROKEN AND THEN BE FORCED TO CRAWL TO THE HOSPITAL. Because deliberately injuring someone and denying them aid in getting to a medical facility is A-OK as long as that person deserves it.

Well fuck that noise - either it's always wrong to obstruct/deny someone medical aid, or it's just fine and dandy and this woman committed no crime.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:23 pm

Hey, in that case, either it's always right to imprison someone against their will, or it's always wrong and we should let all kidnappers out of jail.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanos6 wrote:
Hey, in that case, either it's always right to imprison someone against their will, or it's always wrong and we should let all kidnappers out of jail.
You fundamentally misunderstand the idea behind prison, which is not only to punish the prisoner but also to protect society from dangerous people. You also conveniently forgot the part about a trial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.   'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it. Empty

Back to top Go down

'Stupid' driver blocks an ambulance with a patient inside it.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next