Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?

Go down 
+5
Exodia's Right Leg
tachikoma01
theweirdkind
Spotts1701
Chaltab
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? Empty
PostSubject: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Maybe I'm out of the loop and this is just some elaborate parody, but c'mon...!

PopModal.com... Billing itself as the Conservative alternative to Youtube. ...Because Youtube needed one, I guess? I mean, seriously, this makes even LESS sense than Conservapedia! Youtube is comprised primarily of user-created content! It's no more or less conservative than its users.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 pm

And yet when I click on it, three of the first videos that pop up are of Jon Stewart and The Daily Show.

Methinks they miss the point.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Well they're videos of Jon Stewart excoriating the Democrats for the situation in Massachusetts.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:44 pm

Jon Stewart? Really?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Too bad it's only the videos when he's ripping on the left. I must say I'm surprised that they have any of his clips on there, though.

Spotts1701 wrote:
Methinks they miss the point.
I believe so, too. PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? 611762
Back to top Go down
tachikoma01
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
tachikoma01

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Of course a conservative alternative is necessary. I mean, the liberal media is running pro-life commercials during the superbowl... oh wait.

ETA: Yeah, I have known people to complain youtube is a tool of the 'liberal media.' Because obviously they should find more conservatives or make sure liberals can't post unless conservatives post equally to be 'fair and balanced!'
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:14 am

tachikoma01 wrote:
Of course a conservative alternative is necessary. I mean, the liberal media is running pro-life commercials during the superbowl... oh wait.

ETA: Yeah, I have known people to complain youtube is a tool of the 'liberal media.' Because obviously they should find more conservatives or make sure liberals can't post unless conservatives post equally to be 'fair and balanced!'
And their solution is to create an YouTube where only American conservatives can post. That'll show YouTube how to be fair and balanced, for sure!

As with Conservapedia, only trolls and other American conservatives will care about PopModal. The rest of the world can point and laugh at their public circlejerking PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? 961878
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:56 am

I'm an American conservative! I once read that Reagan felt that he didn't abandon the Democratic party, that it abandoned him... Well that's exactly how I feel now. The right has become so out of touch that I'm always taking the 'liberal' side in debates.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am

Erm...YouTube has already removed a number of videos ostensibly because it doesn't like the political slant they're taking and will probably do so again in the future. I only know about the pro-life ones, that being "my cause," and all, but I'm sure there are others. Amusingly, they have--so far--not taken down the videos that have been put up afterwards saying that they removed videos X, Y, and Z. However, no real explanations have been forthcoming, either, that I'm aware.

I don't think a "conservative YouTube" is the answer to the problem, but a problem most certainly exists.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:33 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
Erm...YouTube has already removed a number of videos ostensibly because it doesn't like the political slant they're taking and will probably do so again in the future.

Are we talking user-generated content, or rips from news programs and other sources?

I know a lot of networks have been really cracking down on YouTube and other video sites for copyright issues (Paramount and NBC-Universal being two of the big hitters).
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Youtube isn't pro-choice, just committed to always removing videos for retarded reasons.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
Erm...YouTube has already removed a number of videos ostensibly because it doesn't like the political slant they're taking and will probably do so again in the future.
Are we talking user-generated content, or rips from news programs and other sources?
User generated content. No networks or news stations involved.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Probably somebody on the other side flagged them for copyright, and they were tossed without anyone even bothering to watch them. As far as I can tell, this is standard procedure.

I wouldn't trust YouTube to take a stand on anything. I've seen the way they stand up to companies. You'd need to do a full-body cavity search on their entire administration staff before you'd find even a hint of backbone.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:

I know a lot of networks have been really cracking down on YouTube and other video sites for copyright issues (Paramount and NBC-Universal being two of the big hitters).

And Viacom, who flags a shit ton of videos regardless of whether of not they actually belong to them and then let youtube sort it out (i.e. just take it down without reviewing it)
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:50 pm

That's true, it might be people flagging videos under false claims. I also read (on what I think was a left wing blog, so take it with however many grains of salt you like) that Fox News had been making copyright claims on videos that were attacking their talking heads. At any rate, I'd say it has more to do with the politics of users or copyright holders than with the politics of Youtube, especially since the site is a favorite venue of conspiracy theorist nutjobs of all stripes.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 pm

I will give a solid maybe to all these possibilities. Even a solid probably. However, based on some of the claims made in the "YouTube took down our videos and we've asked them why and they've not responded" videos put up since, I'm going to hang on to a solid dose of skepticism.
Back to top Go down
tachikoma01
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
tachikoma01

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 pm

I also suspect that if you tube *is* removing conservative videos at a greater rate than liberal videos, it's because the conservative videos are getting reported more often the liberal videos. Which would be a bias in the user base, not the company. I'm sure they take down what gets complaint, not go looking for things to remove.

As to whether they'll answer questions of "Why'd you take down my stuff?!" I can name plenty of user-content generated sites that won't say a peep unless the media picks it up and runs with it, regardless of how many demands for explanations you send them. If I remember correctly, fanfiction.net doesn't investigate or respond to claims of wrongful removal either.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
However, based on some of the claims made in the "YouTube took down our videos and we've asked them why and they've not responded" videos put up since, I'm going to hang on to a solid dose of skepticism.
It could also be because conservatives put up more bitchy "WHY DID YOU PULL OUR VIDEO" videos than liberals because conservatives tend to be more paranoid and have bigger martyr complexes.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Delcat wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
However, based on some of the claims made in the "YouTube took down our videos and we've asked them why and they've not responded" videos put up since, I'm going to hang on to a solid dose of skepticism.
It could also be because conservatives put up more bitchy "WHY DID YOU PULL OUR VIDEO" videos than liberals because conservatives tend to be more paranoid and have bigger martyr complexes.
Yes, they could be bitchier. I mean, it's certainly something that would annoy me. Like I said, a solid may be, but I'm still not convinced.

I'm off to watch videos of paranoid and martyred liberal TV anchors. On YouTube. So there. : P
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Hey, no offense, just speakin' from my personal experience. No need to pull the tinytext.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?   PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal? Empty

Back to top Go down

PopModal - Because YouTube is Too Liberal?
Page 1 of 1