Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise)

Go down 
+3
myeerah
Fairlight
Rabid Badger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) Empty
PostSubject: Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise)   Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 11:09 pm

So I know we've got a thread for Godawful Youtube videos in the Websites section, and there's a small thread for good Youtube videos that are part of a series here in the Antidote section.

This is for videos that make you laugh, snicker, chortle, guffaw or just smile.

I come bearing two; both of them visited upon me by my son Andrew.

There are a fair number of people at WGW who are fans of H.P. Lovecraft's Chtulhu Mythos, and if you are, you know how hard it is to find truly funny parodies of the genre. With that in mind, I present to you:

Hey There, Cthulhu

Sung by a personable young cultist man named Eben Brooks, and based off the Plain White Tee's "Hey There, Delilah,' it's one of the best Cthulhu song parodies I've come across since The HPLHS's 'A Shoggoth on the Roof.' Except it's considerably shorter.

For those of you fond of fake movie trailers, I present a minor masterpiece.

The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon

It's rather long (roughly 10 minutes), but considering the inefficiency of the weapon in question, it WOULD take a while to kill a person with it. It's also a nice poke at the 'terrible horrible evil that cannot be killed or destroyed' cliche, in that it takes it to the absolute limit and right over the edge. Throw in trips to the ends of the Earth (literally), and evil oriental priests/priestesses (it's hard to tell what sex they are) in really bad make-up, and we have a winner!

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise)   Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:13 pm

This is pretty clever, Ghostbusters had it been made in the 50s.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise)   Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:

Hey There, Cthulhu

I love that one. :face:

Quote :

The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon

The link doesn't work. Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) 309696
Back to top Go down
Kitbug
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kitbug

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise)   Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:18 pm

And I've never even played Final Fantasy VI.
Back to top Go down
http://kitbug.livejournal.com
La

La

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise)   Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:24 am

I know a gal who has an entire FFVIII fandub currently going - it's really well done, and she's started producing some things with her cast that's just for fun - like this.

Garden Festival Fairy Tales!

"Selphie manages to talk the gang into helping her out with the main event for the Garden Festival - a play of Little Red Riding Hood. The group, gathered in the Quad, rehearses...er...well, tries to."

I have listened to this so many times. It is going on my Ipod when I remember to plug it in. It is like a ridiculously awesome hula festival, with bloopers. Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) 831506
Back to top Go down
Jenny Islander
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise)   Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:20 pm

This one always makes me smile because Snowball is having such a blast:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cockatoo at animal rescue center spontaneously dances to anything with a good beat, in this case the Backstreet Boys. BTW, his ability to follow the rhythm says something so interesting about animal nervous systems that Snowball's kickass routine has appeared in a scientific study. If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'.

Hamster Vs. Door: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The editing, combination of that particular Queen song with those visuals, and occasional captions make this a hilarious video.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise)   Funny/Amusing Videos (Youtube and otherwise) EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:17 pm