Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo

Go down 
+36
Verandering
FryingPan
Manny
MC Guffin
Ceres
Lysander
Lapin
KelinciHutan
Somath Cegem
Kremlin
Mystique
Keith Fraser
Mr.Doobie
VileCorp
Blooferlady
Snake Bandage
Penguin
Lady Anne
Azzandra
Mafiosa
Mae Bedlam
Narwhal
gaijinguy
theweirdkind
Freezer
Bamshalam
Shingzyl
Spotts1701
InkWeaver
Lurv
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mikey Go WOOGA
Raine
unskilled78
Cyberwulf
Achtung Baby
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Answer: James Cameron fucking sucks.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:38 pm

He originally wrote it though, so he was doing something right.

I think I'm going to write him an earnest letter. Hopefully all of this goodness will make it into a book, at the very least. (Or a graphic novel, That'd be badass.)
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
He originally wrote it though, so he was doing something right.

I think I'm going to write him an earnest letter. Hopefully all of this goodness will make it into a book, at the very least. (Or a graphic novel, That'd be badass.)

He is.
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:52 am

I liked it.

The whole plugging into animals thing really weirded me out though.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:12 am

Mystique wrote:
I liked it.

According to a deleted scene, they can plug into each other too.

And that, my friends, is part of Na'vi sex.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:47 am

How would interconnectivity on that scale evolve? If the planet is one large organism (as that concept script described), how did that come to be?

Does James Cameron believe in.....Theism?
I guess you would need omnipotence to keep the Terminator series together.
Back to top Go down
Kremlin

Kremlin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:01 am

I'll just leave this here...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:21 am

unskilled78 wrote:
How would interconnectivity on that scale evolve? If the planet is one large organism (as that concept script described), how did that come to be?

And I'm rather curious as to why certain animals had that ability to plug in as well. Do all the animals just go on and surf the internet during the night?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:59 am

Bamshalam wrote:
FFFFFFFFFF- WHY DID HE CHANGE IT DAMMIT. WHY. WHYYYYY.

No, seriously, I kind of want to cry a little. This movie could have been so, so good.
It, uh. It still sounds pretty boring.
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
Mystique wrote:
I liked it.

According to a deleted scene, they can plug into each other too.

And that, my friends, is part of Na'vi sex.
That would have been awkward to watch in IMAX.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:03 pm

What about the 3D? D:
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:36 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
What about the 3D? D:

As somebody who can't see this stupid 3D malarkey that some days I swear you buggers are just making it up, yeah, no way in hell am I seeing this movie. If the only reason to see it is because it leaps out of the screen prettily then I'm just end up wasting a tenner arn't I.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
What about the 3D? D:

As somebody who can't see this stupid 3D malarkey that some days I swear you buggers are just making it up, yeah, no way in hell am I seeing this movie. If the only reason to see it is because it leaps out of the screen prettily then I'm just end up wasting a tenner arn't I.
What about IMAX 3D? It would look cool then and would really pop out.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:53 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
InkWeaver wrote:
What about the 3D? D:

What about IMAX 3D? It would look cool then and would really pop out.
Wouldn't work, my brain only registers information from my right eye that my left doesn't already give it, no over lap otherwise I'd see double thanks to a defect, so my depth perception is shot and any and all come out of the screen images just seem like any old picture to me.
So yeah, as somebody who can't be wowed by the 3D, I'll be giving this bugger a miss.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Well, you're not missing out on anything. :/
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Penguin wrote:
Bamshalam wrote:
FFFFFFFFFF- WHY DID HE CHANGE IT DAMMIT. WHY. WHYYYYY.

No, seriously, I kind of want to cry a little. This movie could have been so, so good.
It, uh. It still sounds pretty boring.

...Your MOM sounds pretty boring.
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Okay, I know going to the movies is expensive, but I think it's only fair for people who haven't seen it to stfu about how it looks like it sucks and they don't want to see it.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:24 am

Mystique wrote:
Okay, I know going to the movies is expensive, but I think it's only fair for people who haven't seen it to stfu about how it looks like it sucks and they don't want to see it.

I think it's only fair for people who haven't heard what others have to say in person to STFU about how they seem like dumbasses and they don't want to be in the same state. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Somath, don't they distribute the regular version in the UK? They distributed it here in some cities where the local movie theaters don't have the technology for displaying the 3D version.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:27 pm

So, I watched this movie. I liked it. But, I have a complaint.

Jake's big plan at the end? To save the Na'vi and defeat the humans once and for all? The big epic showdown fight?

That plan sucked. It sucked a lot. And it sucked entirely because he picked the worst possible spot to stage it. They've got an area of some size (presumably twenty kilometers-ish, though the film is a bit vague on that) to have this fight in, and they set up their ambush right on top of the Tree of Souls. Seriously, right on top of it. So when they disable the ship with the massive explosives on it, it goes down right next to the Tree of Souls. They had no way of knowing that it would miss the Tree when it crashed. For all Jake knew, he'd take out the Tree by crashing the ship he'd just disabled right on top of it, which--being packed full of explosives--would quite possibly explode, just to add insult to injury. In one tiny stroke of bad luck, they could have lost everything they were trying to protect just because they ambushed the bad guys too close to the Tree.

There had to be a better spot. Had to. That was a bad plan.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:04 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
So, I watched this movie. I liked it. But, I have a complaint.

Jake's big plan at the end? To save the Na'vi and defeat the humans once and for all? The big epic showdown fight?

That plan sucked. It sucked a lot. And it sucked entirely because he picked the worst possible spot to stage it. They've got an area of some size (presumably twenty kilometers-ish, though the film is a bit vague on that) to have this fight in, and they set up their ambush right on top of the Tree of Souls. Seriously, right on top of it. So when they disable the ship with the massive explosives on it, it goes down right next to the Tree of Souls. They had no way of knowing that it would miss the Tree when it crashed. For all Jake knew, he'd take out the Tree by crashing the ship he'd just disabled right on top of it, which--being packed full of explosives--would quite possibly explode, just to add insult to injury. In one tiny stroke of bad luck, they could have lost everything they were trying to protect just because they ambushed the bad guys too close to the Tree.

Well, from what I understand, he was telling them to "hold the high ground" against an enemy that could nuke them from orbit (James Cameron having apparently forgotten that this is the only way to be sure.)

So, yeah, Jake seems to have been ot-nay oo-tay ight-bray. For characters without deus-ex-machina-o-matics working for them, those decisions should be comically fatal.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Gai! You're alive!
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Mystique wrote:

I think it's only fair for people who haven't heard what others have to say in person to STFU about how they seem like dumbasses and they don't want to be in the same state. Colbert
I...have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.
Back to top Go down
VileCorp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VileCorp

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:

Well, from what I understand, he was telling them to "hold the high ground" against an enemy that could nuke them from orbit (James Cameron having apparently forgotten that this is the only way to be sure.)

And wasn't there some sort of energy vortex on that spot, which caused all of the sensors not to work? And supposedly this was helpful, because then the military wouldn't be able to use tracking missiles. But seeing how easily the apes were moved down by machine guns, I don't see why they'd want to waste tracking missiles.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:31 am

Mystique wrote:
Yes but when the script is more full of over done and better done plot points than an EastEnders plot twist ending and the amazingly 3Dness is beyond what my eyes can actually process. I think saying fuck that shit and deriding the movie because of these points is perfectly within my rights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo   The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Dances with Ferngully's Samurai Wolves in Space (wo
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next