Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brittany Murphy dead at 32

Go down 
+24
Lapin
grmblfjx
Narwhal
Bamshalam
Fairlight
Jay/Cris
Mary Sue
Lysander
theweirdkind
Spotts1701
Mikey Go WOOGA
DarthDarthington
Thanos6
ZoZo
Generic Thirteen
Aggie
Miss Misery
Root Admin
EileenK98
Lady Anne
karmyn31
Seule
Mafiosa
Alex89
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:58 pm

Mary Sue wrote:
I wouldn't go that far, but you have to admit that it's a little tacky. Typing out a 140-character message for all the world to see is not the same as a phone call or even an e-mail.

Isn´t it, though? I mean, the people who actually knew her wouldn't Twitter her: they'd ring the family, attend the funeral, that sort of thing. If you only knew her because - I dunno, you sat next to her at the Emmies once or you played in the same film but didn't share any scenes so only had a brief chat with her at the wrap-party once, Twitter is probably a better solution than mercilessly stalking the family. When you start dismissing condolences as being tacky, I think you should start with those who offer condolences without meaning them: I don't think you lose or gain points for doing it by Twitter, it just makes the fact that you weren't really that connected to the deceased in question more apparent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:22 pm

You make a good point, but in some cases, people who actually knew her- like Ashton Kutcher, whom she dated for a year or so- were twittering about it.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Mary Sue wrote:
You make a good point, but in some cases, people who actually knew her- like Ashton Kutcher, whom she dated for a year or so- were twittering about it.

Again, if that is the only way he expressed his condolences to Murphy´s family - and not, say, an oblique way to let his fans know that he's heard of the news and he's trying to deal with it the best way he can - then it can be considered a tacky move, fo' sho. However, it shows a flaw in his personality more than everything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Yes, I suppose so. I guess I'm just into the whole social networking thing. Coming from a small town and a large family, I'm used to having my own real life social network with which to pass on news like that. I see Twitter, Facebook and the like as a place for sharing photos and jokes.

In any case, it is certainly sad that she died. It's never the obvious train wrecks that die- I mean, everyone expects Amy Winehouse to collapse any second now, but she'll probably end up like Keith Richards. Murphy was never one of my favourite actresses but it is always disappointing to see someone go at such an age. Her family must be devastated.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:25 pm

I don't understand this "natural causes" verdict, a young and (presumably) healthy person should not just drop dead.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Fairlight wrote:
I don't understand this "natural causes" verdict, a young and (presumably) healthy person should not just drop dead.

She probably wasn't healthy, but bad health is a natural cause. Car accidents, stab wounds, and trauma like that aren't, a heart defect totally is.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:07 pm

Fairlight wrote:
Young+pretty=/=healthy. Dammit.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Fairlight wrote:
Young+pretty=/=healthy. Dammit.
I didn't say it did, I said presumably healthy because none of the reports on her death (that I saw) said she wasn't.
Of course, it is possible for a heart problem or something to be around to kill you without having previously manifested itself.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 7:55 pm

FFS SHE WAS DOING COKE.

GOD.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 7:57 pm

Narwhal wrote:
FFS SHE WAS DOING COKE.

GOD.

You need less caffeine. Colbert
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:58 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Anne wrote:
I wonder what caused the cardiac arrest. I saw a picture of her taken on December 1, and she looked so thin...does anyone know if she was anorexic? That can cause heart failure after a while.
A dollar says this is some ugly/fat/used to be fat girl trying to say all pretty girls are anorexic to make herself feel better.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gimme your Dollar.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:33 am

Jeezus, I'd never realized how small she had gotten. That cannot be healthy at all. No wonder she had heart failure.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:48 am

How can you even find someone that thin attractive? I'd worry I'd break her in half.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 10:31 am

Lapin wrote:
Jeezus, I'd never realized how small she had gotten.
That cannot be healthy at all. No wonder she had heart failure.

Thanos6 wrote:
How can you even find someone that thin attractive? I'd worry I'd break her in half.

Both of you can go straight to hell, seriously. Stop judging people based on their weight. It's not cool when it's done to fat OR skinny people.

In B4 "BUT REAL WOMEN HAVE ~*CUURVES*~"
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Uh, I'm not judging HER. I'm judging SOCIETY for thinking that the sexiest body is one that can hide behind a bamboo shoot.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Thanos6 wrote:

Both of you can go straight to hell, seriously. Stop judging people based on their weight. It's not cool when it's done to fat OR skinny people.

Bam, I know this gonna be hard to accept, but there is a fine line between the "That cannot be a healthy shape" said out of actual concern and the "OMG Fat/Thin people are disgusting!?11" said out of being a complete twat that nobody here has crossed (Though Thanos skated very close).
Judging people on appearance is a good best guess at how well people look after themselves, and if somebody looks like they really arn't looking after themselves at all people will pass comment.
There is no such thing as a perfect shape woman but saying when somebody looks unhealthily fat or thin when born out of concern is not a bad thing at all. (Although poor wording can really come back to bite you in the arse)
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Thanos6 wrote:
Uh, I'm not judging HER. I'm judging SOCIETY for thinking that the sexiest body is one that can hide behind a bamboo shoot.
And in doing so, you're insulting the fuck out of the people that have the HORRIBLE TEMERITY to have a body shape that can 'hide behind a bamboo shoot'. Seriously, stop talking.

Somath Cegem wrote:
Bamshalam wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Thanos6 wrote:

Both
of you can go straight to hell, seriously. Stop judging people based on
their weight. It's not cool when it's done to fat OR skinny people.

Bam,
I know this gonna be hard to accept, but there is a fine line between
the "That cannot be a healthy shape" said out of actual concern and the
"OMG Fat/Thin people are disgusting!?11" said out of being a complete
twat that nobody here has crossed (Though Thanos skated very close).
Judging
people on appearance is a good best guess at how well people look after
themselves, and if somebody looks like they really arn't looking after
themselves at all people will pass comment.
There is no such thing
as a perfect shape woman but saying when somebody looks unhealthily fat
or thin when born out of concern is not a bad thing at all. (Although
poor wording can really come back to bite you in the arse)
And like I said before (albeit a bit harshly given the context) physical appearance is not any kind of indicator of health. I don't care if it's bourne out of concern or malice, commenting on someone's weight as if it's actually pertinent to their health is stupid, especially when the person commenting isn't a medical professional.
For example, if someone were to put say, me and Mal together and ask a random sampling of people who they thought was unhealthy, they'd all say that she was because she's bigger than me. In reality, I'm almost positive that I'm way the fuck unhealthier than she is despite being young, thin and healthy looking.

There are instances where what you're saying is definitely true, but this is in no way one of those cases. Yeah, she's thin, but I heavily doubt that her thin-ness had anything to do with her death as much as her ODing on prescription meds did.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:33 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Anne wrote:
I wonder what caused the cardiac arrest. I saw a picture of her taken on December 1, and she looked so thin...does anyone know if she was anorexic? That can cause heart failure after a while.

A dollar says this is some ugly/fat/used to be fat girl trying to say all pretty girls are anorexic to make herself feel better.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gimme your Dollar.

You misunderstand. I was claiming Anne was the fatty/ex-fatty, not What's Her Face.

Besides, Europeans don't get to have dollars. Colbert

Bammy wrote:
And like I said before (albeit a bit harshly given the context) physical appearance is not any kind of indicator of health.

God you're fucking retarded. Physical appearance can be an indicator of health, though it isn't a foolproof one. Just because not all big, strong guys play linebacker well doesn't mean that it tends to be big, strong guys who DO play linebacker well. And even because some egregiously fat fuck doesn't have health problems NAO doesn't mean he's much more likely to develop them if he continues to be an egregiously fat fuck.

Nobody here is claiming that there aren't maladies that can be caused by factors other than weight.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
sports [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hush Michael, the grown ups are talking.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Bam, I'm not saying the body shape is wrong. I'm saying its wrong for her. Some people are built tiny, some are built medium, etc. etc. But judging from the size of her head to the size of her body in all these pictures, she was losing too much weight. She looks like she was healthy at a medium on the small side of the scale. But, Bam, you can see bones in some of these recent pictures. You should not be able to see that much definition in the collar bone, ribs, and arms.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:25 pm

That's just it, though: you don't know her body. You don't know what's right or her. I have really pronounced collarbones and slightly pronounced ribs as well. While I'm skinny, I don't consider myself unhealthily so, and neither do my doctors.

We aren't her doctors and we aren't her; we have no idea what her frame was like growing up and how her frame and weight naturally fluctuated throughout her life. It could also be the angle of the picture as well; I know I've taken photos that make me look a lot smaller than I acutally am.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 pm

She just looks so much smaller than she did in pictures a few years back. Her head looks oddly large on her shoulders whereas before she looked proportionate.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Again: it really could be the angle of the picture. It happens all of the time.

Actually, I'd like to re-direct all of the hostility that came out in these comments at Thanos6, specifically, because it was really his dumbassed comments that set me off the most.

Last edited by Bamshalam on Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:37 pm

Comparing that picture to her earlier movies, she looked much healthier in say, Clueless (although that was a long time ago, for the life of me I can't think of anything she's been in recently that I've watched), where she at least appeared to weigh more. Having evidently not seen her since those early years, the change is a shock to me.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:43 pm

What I haven't seen anyone mention yet is that she was diabetic. If she wasn't taking care of herself (eating right, taking her insulin, etc.), that could easily cause heart failure, even at her age. Especially if she was doing drugs or drinking.

Also, Bam, this is just my two cents here, but I had a sister who was a Type One Diabetic who died of complications of being one. She never really took care of her diabetes the way she should've, and the thing about diabetes is that if you're not putting insulin into your body, it will start taking it out of your fat reserves. And if you run out of fat reserves, it will start eating away at your muscles.

My sister was 5'7" and weighed roughly 101 lbs when she died. She'd had several severe bouts of ketoacidosis brought on by not taking care of herself, and by that point, her body had already used up any fat reserves she had and had started in on her muscles.

She looked just like Brittany; collar-bones standing out sharply, cheeck bones you could've sliced cheese on...I saw her naked once before she died, and she looked like nothing so much as a concentration camp survivor who was starving to death.

I think that's what we're looking at here. A young woman with a serious disease who wasn't taking care of herself the way she should've, who was apparently using drugs, who likely wasn't eating right, and her heart just gave out from the strain of trying to keep her body going. She's not the first person it's happened to, and she likely won't be the last. But to say that she looks unhealthy in that picture is not a commentary on whether she's too thin or too fat; it's a commentary on the fact she looks like death warmed over and hung out to dry. At least it does coming from me. Because she looks a whole lot like my sister did in the last few weeks before her death, when she was so weak she could barely move from the couch to the bed without help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brittany Murphy dead at 32
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next