Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brittany Murphy dead at 32

Go down 
+24
Lapin
grmblfjx
Narwhal
Bamshalam
Fairlight
Jay/Cris
Mary Sue
Lysander
theweirdkind
Spotts1701
Mikey Go WOOGA
DarthDarthington
Thanos6
ZoZo
Generic Thirteen
Aggie
Miss Misery
Root Admin
EileenK98
Lady Anne
karmyn31
Seule
Mafiosa
Alex89
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex89

Alex89

Brittany Murphy dead at 32 Empty
PostSubject: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Apparently it was a cardiac arrest.

At first the source was TMZ so I was skeptical but the LA Coroner's Office has confirmed it. I'm really shocked by this. She was known mostly for light comedies but she was actually a really talented actress. She was amazing in The Dead Girl.

I also really liked her in Clueless which was one of the first American movies I ever saw. It seems that 2009 needed to take one more celebrity before the year is over.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 1:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:04 pm

I always feel guilty at the death of someone prolific who I've never heard of.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:06 pm

I pretty much only ever knew her as Luanne on King of the Hill.
RIP.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:21 pm

I wonder what caused the cardiac arrest. I saw a picture of her taken on December 1, and she looked so thin...does anyone know if she was anorexic? That can cause heart failure after a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:34 pm

OMG, that's really sad. She was so young.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
I wonder what caused the cardiac arrest. I saw a picture of her taken on December 1, and she looked so thin...does anyone know if she was anorexic? That can cause heart failure after a while.

Cocaine addiction, I'm thinking.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Dammit, 2009! Did you really have to take another one, and so young???

RIP Brittany Murphy.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Alex89 wrote:
At first the source was TMZ so I was skeptical but the LA Coroner's Office has confirmed it. I'm really shocked by this. She was known mostly for light comedies but she was actually a really talented actress. She was amazing in The Dead Girl.
It would seem that fate has a rather dark sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
Generic Thirteen

Generic Thirteen

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Time to rewatch Clueless and Drop Dead Gorgeous, I think.

2009 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Surely, surely she must be the last victim of 2009. Poor girl, so young.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 7:33 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Surely, surely she must be the last victim of 2009.

Don't give it any ideas.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 9:23 pm

karmyn31 wrote:
RIP.

This. Poor girl [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:59 pm

I know I ask this every time some one dies, but who is this?

Karmy wrote:
RIP.

Oh. Now tell me why I care. Colbert

Anne wrote:

A dollar says this is some ugly/fat/used to be fat girl trying to say all pretty girls are anorexic to make herself feel better.

A lot of things could cause cardiac arrest, like blood clots in her lungs or just getting hit in the chest with enough force at the perfectly wrong moment.

Quote :
She was amazing in The Dead Girl.

Quote :
Time to rewatch Clueless and Drop Dead Gorgeous, I think.

Clearly we should have seen this coming.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 12:04 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Anne wrote:

A dollar says this is some ugly/fat/used to be fat girl trying to say all pretty girls are anorexic to make herself feel better.

Yeah, I shoulda seen this coming.

Mikey does it ever occur to you to once, just once, not be an asshole?
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 12:07 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Anne wrote:

Yeah, I shoulda seen this coming.

Mikey does it ever occur to you to once, just once, not be an asshole?
Ah, but Mikey would need a brain for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 12:27 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I know I ask this every time some one dies, but who is this?

That's a good point. You really don't seem to know much of anything or anyone.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 12:31 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Brittany Murphy dead at 32 832557

Why haven't you started that thread on Ochocinco yet
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:42 am

Dumbfuck wrote:
Anne wrote:

Says the guy who has to buy three seats to go to a Steelers game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Nihilist wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Brittany Murphy dead at 32 832557

Why haven't you started that thread on Ochocinco yet

He's alive. He's also retarded, but that's hardly news. Razz

As for Chris Henry, a perpetual fuck up who has done one stupid thing after another doing ANOTHER extremely stupid thing and getting himself killed is hardly news. They're trying to say he was getting his life back on track. WHAT TRACK? He was standing in the back of a moving truck, apparently trying to get in the back window, after God only knows what happened between him and his fiance. I can guarantee you, that if he wasn't fatally injured, there would have been police investigations and suspensions and all of that jazz.

The Bengals are better off in the long run without him/. The coach didn't even want his screw up ass in the same city this time last year.

Back to your topic. Colbert
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Mikey, do the whole world a favor and go die somewhere, preferably in a ditch. I'd say eaten by wild animals, but I actually like animals.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:35 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
As for Chris Henry, a perpetual fuck up who has done one stupid thing after another doing ANOTHER extremely stupid thing and getting himself killed is hardly news. They're trying to say he was getting his life back on track. WHAT TRACK? He was standing in the back of a moving truck, apparently trying to get in the back window, after God only knows what happened between him and his fiance. I can guarantee you, that if he wasn't fatally injured, there would have been police investigations and suspensions and all of that jazz.

The Bengals are better off in the long run without him/. The coach didn't even want his screw up ass in the same city this time last year.

Back to your topic. Colbert

Seriously? You're seriously going to do this?

I just...yeah. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 pm

She was one of those actresses who never really lived up to their potential, IMO. After Clueless, she did some really awesome roles (her performance in Girl, Interrupted was amazing) but then she kind of moved on to doing dumb comedies and chick flicks. It's too bad that she had to die so young.

BTW, how tacky is it that all these celebrities are tweeting their condolences? For Pete's sake, is that what we as as a society have become?
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:20 am

Mary Sue wrote:
BTW, how tacky is it that all these celebrities are tweeting their condolences? For Pete's sake, is that what we as as a society have become?

Condolences are, after all, intrinsically more valuable when given on a nice white card with a grey lining than when giving on the internet. It's not the spirit of the thing that counts, it's the medium.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:39 am

I wouldn't go that far, but you have to admit that it's a little tacky. Typing out a 140-character message for all the world to see is not the same as a phone call or even an e-mail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brittany Murphy dead at 32   Brittany Murphy dead at 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brittany Murphy dead at 32
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next