Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!

Go down 
+6
Mae Bedlam
InkWeaver
Hot Cancer
Mafiosa
Root Admin
CleverUsername
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CleverUsername

CleverUsername

Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! Empty
PostSubject: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:59 am

So, I have Fruity Loops Studio (FL Studio) 9. And I like making music.
I have over 80 songs posted on Newgrounds. I've deleted a few, and I've made many more than I've posted, which means I've made well over 100 songs.
In an effort that's probably in vain to boost my popularity at least by a few votes, I hereby link you to my Audio page on Newgrounds.com:
(Side note: Anyone familiar with Newgrounds will know that the bar with pictures of a face and the numbers 0-5 is the voting bar. You don't have to be registered to vote, so please give your honest opinion!)
My Audio Page
And some highlights of my music 'career':

Sonic and Knuckles: Lava Reef Zone

Mega Man 9: Strange World (Wily Stage 3)

Mega Man 9: Galaxy Fantasy (Galaxy Man's theme)

In addition to mostly remixing music, I do many 8-bit tracks as well:

Earthbound: Get On The Bus (8-bit)

Kirby 64: Bumper Crop Bump

FFVII: 8-B-I-T (J-E-N-O-V-A 8-bit)

And finally, here are some of my oldies but goodies:

Mega Man 3: Proto Man's Theme

The Mystic Jump (Sonic 2: Mystic Cave Zone 1P) This is actually one of the few remixes I've done that doesn't involve MIDI replacement.

Sonic Underground: His World (Sonic 06: His World rock remix)

Now go listen to the rest!
Back to top Go down
http://vhstapeclock.newgrounds.com/audio
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:29 am

Take it from me, my friend, do not ever let your ego get so huge that you think your own work is an antidote. That is the worst mistake anyone could make.
I am not saying your work isn't any good- but that is not the purpose of the antidotes forum. So consider it moved.

Last edited by Nihilist on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:21 am

*clicks link*
*starts loading Newgrounds.com*
*closes tab*
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:45 am

Oh, I thought that was just my internet connection being slow.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:50 am

Okay, so, I listened to your 8-bits and your remixes - your 8-bits were neat and well-composed. I don't really know what to tell you 'cause I know fuck-all about 8-bits.

However, I listened to your remixes, and I was not wowed. Maybe it's because I've never really played Sonic and don't know the music, but do you have any better examples? So far, I'm not really hooked. It's okay to listen to, but I wouldn't go out of my way to download it like I did, with, say, Voices of the Lifestream (though your style of music is not quite comparable to their techno jams, but it's just the idea of it, really).
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:09 pm

CleverUsername wrote:
Sonic Underground
Quote :
^-^;
Quote :
Seriously?

Well, I kind of like the 8-bit remixes, but then I'm a sucker for things like that.

Like Inkweaver, I'm not too hooked on the rest of the remixes. I guess it's because I've been spoiled by OC Remix and the standards they hold for their submissions, but I like remixes/arrangements that do something interesting with the material they're working with, and I'm just not hearing it here.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:25 pm

CleverUsername wrote:
So, I have Fruity Loops Studio (FL Studio) 9. And I like making music. I have over 80 songs posted
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Quote :
on Newgrounds.
Quote :
In an effort that's probably in vain to boost my popularity at least by a few votes, I hereby link you to my Audio page on Newgrounds.com:
Back to top Go down
CleverUsername

CleverUsername

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:46 pm

...What? Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! 309696
Back to top Go down
CleverUsername

CleverUsername

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Also, here's some more, better music that I forgot to include 'cause I was piss-tired:

Bramble Blast (Donkey Kong Country 2)

Portal - Still Alive (John Coulton and GlaDOS)

StarFox - Corneria

Super Mario RPG - Forest Maze

Happy Trance (an original work)

Sonic 3 - Icecap Zone

And some more 8-bit music:

Earthbound: Frankie (8-bit)

Sonic 2: Mystic Cave Zone (8-bit)

Earthbound: Pokey Means Business! (8-bit [at first...])

Also, why the bad look at it being HOSTED on Newgrounds? The only scary thing about that is its Adult collection and the BBS. Where else would I post it?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Youtube. Newgrounds is newbie shit and a cesspool. Newgrounds has a bad rep and posting things there is like a giant flashing sign that says "AMATEUR". It's also a place with rampant lack of taste.

Listened to the Portal one. Really meh, tbh. It's a very simple loop of the first stanza and chorus with nothing that differentiates when new instruments come into the song.
Back to top Go down
CleverUsername

CleverUsername

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:44 pm

I'd like to apologize for putting this in Antidotes; I didn't know that the Think Tank included music as well.

Also, I just made a new song. Why not take a listen? Sonic Spinball: Lava Powerhouse

Finally, I'm granting Mafiosa's request/suggestion, and making a Youtube account for all my music.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 pm

CleverUsername wrote:
I'd like to apologize for putting this in Antidotes; I didn't know that the Think Tank included music as well.

Also, I just made a new song. Why not take a listen? Sonic Spinball: Lava Powerhouse

Finally, I'm granting Mafiosa's request/suggestion, and making a Youtube account for all my music.

That's probably better. Good that you're open to suggestions and criticism too.
Back to top Go down
CleverUsername

CleverUsername

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
That's probably better. Good that you're open to suggestions and criticism too.

Only thing is, Youtube rapes quality and making videos is a hassle. Dry
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Oooookay. You have a snark, which is good, that's a good place to start. However, one snark does not give you the right to start pimping your shit at us. Hell, being here since the original Red Boards does not give you the right to start pimping your shit at us. It simply is not done. This is not the place for it.

I notice you're also a furry, making you the second furry to show up in as many weeks. I have nothing against that, but it seems suspicious. Could you tell us if we've been linked to a furry community or something?

You seem harmless enough, and you do seem to be making an effort to fit in instead of just coming here to get attention for your work, so I'm not gonna rip into you or anything, but I'd recommend being reaaaal careful, okay?

Also eeeeew what'd you do to Get on the Bus
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
CleverUsername

CleverUsername

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Delcat wrote:

What do you mean, what did I do? It's 8-bit, get used to it. Angry

As for the rest, I was simply trying to get some more feedback on my songs. Newgrounders aren't exactly the best reviewers.
And the furry comment, no, I'm not part of any communities. I just happen to enjoy Anthro art.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:18 pm

CleverUsername wrote:
Delcat wrote:

What do you mean, what did I do? It's 8-bit, get used to it. Angry
Okay, it actually does sound better later on, only part of it loaded for me for some reason. I rescind my comment.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:08 pm

CleverUsername wrote:

VhsTapeclock (the Newgrounds account) wrote:
Age/Gender: 20, Male

Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Damnit Newgounds takes a dog's age to fucking load. GET RID OF ALL THE UGLY, LOUD CLUTTER ASSHOLES, MAYBE YOUR SITE WILL BECOME USABLE!

ETA: Gygas one is alright, I think. But I am a sucker for Earthbound music anyways.

Last edited by Reepicheep-chan on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CleverUsername

CleverUsername

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:25 pm

Yay. Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! 961878
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!   Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music! Empty

Back to top Go down

Shameless Self-Promotion: Listen to my Music!
Page 1 of 1