Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Two and a Half Men

Go down 
+19
Knorg
Spotts1701
The Scientist
tim gueguen
Alhazred
Just Chipper
Sheba
Raine
Drabbler
EileenK98
Cyberwulf
Chris91
Animir
Narwhal
Miss Prince
Glen
Mikey Go WOOGA
Mafiosa
Mary Sue
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:27 pm

As a big fan of "Pretty in Pink" I tried to watch this TV show as a sort of imagination of what Jon Cryer's character Duckie might be when he grew up. Well, it's closer to what Duckie might be like if he grew up, took a bunch of Prozac, lost his fashion sense, and stayed closeted for the rest of his life. And the worst part? Jon Cryer won an Emmy for this shit!

Whhhhhyyyy, God, Why, do people watch Two and a Half Men? I miss traditional three-camera sitcoms, too, but that's no reason to turn to this garbage. Please just stick with the Cheers and Friends DVDs.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Not only did he win an Emmy, he won it over NEIL PATRICK HARRIS
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:34 pm

I know, right? I was totally yelling at my TV screen. NPH was so graceful about it though.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 pm

I think it's funny, though all I see of it is other people watching it.

But how about you, uh, actually point out something bad about the show instead of just bitching that your guy didn't win some half ass award like a butthurt fanbrat? Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:57 pm

Haha, yeah, you're right. What I don't like about the show is that it's pretty misogynistic. I've watched more than a few episodes since my roommates are fans, and most of the women I see in the show are evil shrews, crazy stalkers, or Girls Of the Week. Plus like I said, Jon Cryer's character is totally unlikeable, as are most of the characters.

Plus, the jokes just aren't funny. Mean-spirited humour is one thing, but mean-spirited humour that isn't funny, that's quite another.
Back to top Go down
Glen

Glen

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:48 am

Mary Sue wrote:
Haha, yeah, you're right. What I don't like about the show is that it's pretty misogynistic. I've watched more than a few episodes since my roommates are fans, and most of the women I see in the show are evil shrews, crazy stalkers, or Girls Of the Week. Plus like I said, Jon Cryer's character is totally unlikeable, as are most of the characters.

Plus, the jokes just aren't funny. Mean-spirited humour is one thing, but mean-spirited humour that isn't funny, that's quite another.

Mean-spirited and juvenile, which is a deadly combination. And yes, the misogyny leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. I watched two or three episodes, on the assumption that it must at least have the saving grace of good jokes, but I didn't come close to laughing even once. I can't say that about any of the wildly popular sitcoms of the nineties, even the ones I hated (*cough*Friends*cough*).

And Melanie Lynskey, what are you doing in this? And Ryan Stiles?
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:28 am

And they abuse the laugh track liek whoa. For example, at one point Charlie Sheen is walking down the steps with a hangover.

Charlie: *step* *hand to head* Ow

*HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER*

*MORE HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER*

*EVEN MORE HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER*
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 am

Not only is this show painfully unfunny, it causes me an almost physical pain to see Duckie like this. It's like he died and his corpse was taken over by an alien like that scene in Men in Black. Pretty in Pink is one of my favorite movies and Duckie is, hands down, one of my favorite characters of all time. It's a crying shame.

*mourns*

P.S. My dad ran in to Jon Cryer on the streets of New York. He said that he looked horribly nervous. This confirms my theory. He is afraid of human detection.
Back to top Go down
Animir
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Animir

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Ohgodyes. My uncles love this show (they think Charlie Sheen is hot), but whenever I stick around to watch it I find myself wanting the cast to go jump off a cliff. Of course, that's assuming I haven't dozed off into my soda, or something, since when the show isn't going "hurr, misogyny," it's just fucking boring.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:24 am

Mary Sue wrote:
Haha, yeah, you're right. What I don't like about the show is that it's pretty misogynistic. I've watched more than a few episodes since my roommates are fans, and most of the women I see in the show are evil shrews, crazy stalkers, or Girls Of the Week.

The male characters don't come off all that great either. Hell, half the time it seems to me like the writing staff is purposely going out of their way to make Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones look like complete blockheads.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Chris you worthless piece of shit
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:13 pm

I think now that the line between fantasy and reality is blurred (Charlie acts like a drunken moron in real life too), it makes it that much more painful to watch.
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:45 pm

I've seen it just about enough to roughly follow it, and I'd say the tone is more misanthropic than specifically misogynist. If anything, women come out better because these guys are so messed up. Even the insane stalker came off better than the leads. And some of the women generally seem sympathetic; from the bits that I saw, the only major flaw with Charlie's fiancee was her choice in man. [I gather she came to her senses on that, too.]

If I had to say one positive thing about the show, it'd be that it's self-aware. It knows just how pathetic these guys are. Still doesn't answer why anyone would want to spend time with such losers every week (or five nights a week with the syndicated reruns), though. Schadenfreude?
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Of all the shows in the world, this is probably the one I hate the most. There's not one aspect of the show I like, I'd probably be here all day typing out every little thing I despise about it. D:
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:55 am

Raine wrote:
Of all the shows in the world, this is probably the one I hate the most. There's not one aspect of the show I like, I'd probably be here all day typing out every little thing I despise about it. D:

(*cue the Kinks*) All day, and all of the night... Two and a Half Men 961878
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:30 am

My brothers watch it for the sex jokes. I hate them for it.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:40 pm

I too hate family members for their sense of humour and liking of the latest popular televised sitcom.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Quote :
My brothers watch it for the sex jokes. I hate them for it.

Don't hate them, Sheba...be scared for them. Their trains of thought have clearly jumped the track. Shocked Anyone who could find that piece of junk funny is clearly not playing with a full deck.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Just Chipper wrote:
I too hate family members for their sense of humour and liking of the latest popular televised sitcom.

Have you ever seen it? You would too.

Edit: and I am, Chris. The older of the two wants to be a Marine--and has started collecting Guns and Ammo magazine--and the other spends all day on Xbox squealing racial epithets and anatomical euphemisms.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:15 pm

So the wrong one wants to be a Marine, is what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Alhazred wrote:
So the wrong one wants to be a Marine, is what you're saying.

Are Marines intended to be racist? Because that's terrible.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:49 am

No, they just have N-Word Privleges with each other.

Back to top Go down
tim gueguen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 10:49 pm

I can't help but suspect this show has a giant insurance policy as part of its budget. After all Charlie Sheen could end up in jail without warning given some of his dumbass behaviour and cause real problems for the filming schedule.
Back to top Go down
http://timgueguen.blogspot.com
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm

Hasn't that already happened once?
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:20 pm

The Scientist wrote:
Hasn't that already happened once?

Yep - they had to suspend taping and cut 2 episodes out of the schedule last Spring while Sheen was in rehab. A lot of the rumors that CBS was deliberately low-balling him on salary to force him to quit rather than fire him outright stemmed from this incident.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two and a Half Men Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two and a Half Men   Two and a Half Men Empty

Back to top Go down

Two and a Half Men
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next