Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snark of the Year: 2009?

Go down 
+3
Cyberwulf
Mafiosa
Maximilia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Snark of the Year: 2009? Empty
PostSubject: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Not really a contest or a challenge per se, but we've had some good snarks, and I was wondering if people would be up for a poll or a vote for which was the best snark this year?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 pm

Maximilia wrote:
Not really a contest or a challenge per se, but we've had some good snarks, and I was wondering if people would be up for a poll or a vote for which was the best snark this year?

You mean like the old GAFFies or whatever we had?

We can call then the Wuhggies. :3
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Hell, I forgot GAFF had the GAFFies... so yeah, something like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 am

Maximilia wrote:

While the idea sounds good in theory, we all know that people have friends, they vote for their friends. So it won't really be an award of best snark, it'll be "Who has most friends willing to vote". That's how these things always go.

So no.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:22 am

Hmmm... maybe instead of this, we could do a contest/challenge? You've given me an idea, Mili.

At some of my fandom specific forums, we've had monthly fanfic challenges where writers submit an entry for a certain theme, then a mod or admin posts them all to a specific thread, unlabeled so no one knows who wrote which one, and then people read them and vote for the one they deem the "best" for that month. At the end of the month, winners are awarded.

It might be fun to issue a challenge to do the best possible snark one can muster, then have someone (maybe me, but I'd like to snark) manage having the entries sent to him/her over the month, then post them all in a thread, make sure they're anonymous, and then have everyone vote on which is the best one.

Yay/nay?

Not to totally jack your idea, Mili, but that could make it less of a popularity contest if you want to do some sort of vote-on-a-snark contest.

Last edited by InkWeaver on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:55 am

Ink, that sounds better than the other way.
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:12 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
Hmmm... maybe instead of this, we could do a contest/challenge? You've given me an idea, Mili.

At some of my fandom specific forums, we've had monthly fanfic challenges where writers submit an entry for a certain theme, then a mod or admin posts them all to a specific thread, unlabeled so no one knows who wrote which one, and then people read them and vote for the one they deem the "best" for that month. At the end of the month, winners are awarded.

It might be fun to issue a challenge to do the best possible snark one can muster, then have someone (maybe me, but I'd like to snark) manage having the entries sent to him/her over the month, then post them all in a thread, make sure they're anonymous, and then have everyone vote on which is the best one.

Yay/nay?

Not to totally jack your idea, Mili, but that could make it less of a popularity contest if you want to do some sort of vote-on-a-snark contest.
But that would mean that I can't cover up my ass with cute kitties. Everybody knows I use kitties in snarks. Snark of the Year: 2009? 309696
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:38 pm

Yeah, everyone has a distinctive style of snarking (me writing character dialogue - yeah I stole it from Delcat ages ago), so there'll be an element of "knowing," but it'll deter the popularity crap if you take the names off, to some extent.

So you could probably still use kitties.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:36 am

InkWeaver wrote:
(me writing character dialogue - yeah I stole it from Delcat ages ago)
Pffff, I've never thought of that as original. It just grew out of originally doing MiSTings, where it was really common for characters to do back-and-forth banter as the characters, which dates back to MST3K itself. When it comes to snark, pretty much everything goes back to MST3K in the end. This is right and good.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snark of the Year: 2009?   Snark of the Year: 2009? Empty

Back to top Go down

Snark of the Year: 2009?
Page 1 of 1