Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy

Go down 
+10
Delcat
Aggie
Lapin
Sloth
Malganis
Mikey Go WOOGA
Mafiosa
theweirdkind
Salamas
Spotts1701
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy Empty
PostSubject: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Extensive theft may ruin many Christmases.

Quote :
A local nonprofit is scrambling to recover its losses after thieves ransacked its warehouse over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, stealing truckloads of toys, canned food, diapers and toiletries meant to be distributed to underprivileged children and families.

In what Garden Grove police are calling a highly orchestrated burglary, someone broke into the United Labor Agency of Orange County's underground storage facility and helped themselves to at least 1,000 donated toys and about 20,000 pounds of food collected through various drives through the year to feed hungry families in the area.

I agree with the police. This wasn't some amateur heist - a lot of planning and preparation went into it simply because the logistics of moving 10 tons of food is massive.

But whoever is responsible is a secondary concern at the moment. The main concern is now they have to replace as much as they can in the 3 weeks before Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:01 pm

I could have sworn I read something like this last year as well. Salvation Army or a soup kitchen?
Really stealing stuff from the needy, that's just low. Really fucking low.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:54 pm

JFC. People suck.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Seriously dick move!
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Salamas wrote:
I could have sworn I read something like this last year as well. Salvation Army or a soup kitchen?
Really stealing stuff from the needy, that's just low. Really fucking low.

Hey hey hey hey hey...

Hey.

What we're overlooking is the possibility the thieves themselves could be "The Needy." They needed $150,000 in junk to split between the, uh, forty of them and they couldn't wait until Christmas. :mikeygowooga:

Bonus points for anyone who can tell me what that smiley is supposed to be/mean/represent.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
:mikeygowooga:

Bonus points for anyone who can tell me what that smiley is supposed to be/mean/represent.

A literal assface who's arsehole/mouth is dripping crap.

On-topic: This sucks.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Malganis wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

So, uh, what's with the sunglasses and that glint of awesome that runs along the lens? Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy 203843
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

So, uh, what's with the sunglasses and that glint of awesome that runs along the lens? Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy 203843

Hubris. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Sloth wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Hubris. Colbert

Follywoggle. Colbert

See? I can make up words too. :teach:
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:27 pm

That's just not right. The stuff was going to be given away. If they needed it, why didn't they just go to the charity and ask?
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Do you think the charity would have given them EVERYTHING in their store room?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:03 am

No. I'm just saying that this was likely not out of neediness and more out of greediness. Which just makes me rage.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:31 am

The "toys" weren't just little things, either:
Quote :
Some of the toys, especially for teens, such as video games and MP3
players are going to be tough to replace, with only 23 days until
Christmas, he said.
And they just plain wrecked stuff:
Quote :
The thieves, Fogarty said, not only broke one door and pried open
another metal door to enter the storage area, but ransacked the
organization's offices. They pulled papers out of filing cabinets and
drawers and even smashed computer screens, Fogarty said.
Fucking rancid. Hopefully the news coverage will mean a lot of people see it and maybe donate, but...just not okay.

and I wish part of me wasn't going THEY STAGED IT TO PULL IN MORE DONATIONS thank you Internet paranoia[
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:42 am

Delcat wrote:
And they just plain wrecked stuff:
Quote :
The thieves, Fogarty said, not only broke one door and pried open
another metal door to enter the storage area, but ransacked the
organization's offices. They pulled papers out of filing cabinets and
drawers and even smashed computer screens, Fogarty said.
Fucking rancid. Hopefully the news coverage will mean a lot of people see it and maybe donate, but...just not okay.

Hell yes, not okay. Taking things, I can understand, odious as that action is. But smashing valuable stuff like computer monitors? Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy 203843 If they were out for pure profit, then they would have tried to steal those computers, or just left them as they were. Trashing that stuff took time and effort; they probably just did it for the sheer perverse "fun" of it, not for any profitable reason.

Delcat wrote:
and I wish part of me wasn't going THEY STAGED IT TO PULL IN MORE DONATIONS thank you Internet paranoia[

Considering that they wrecked shit instead of 'merely' grabbing what they did, I'd say that's a no on a staged prank.

Plus, imagine how pissed off people would be (and rightfully so) if they learned it was staged to pull in more donations.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:12 am

Well. That sure sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Heywood

Heywood

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am

Quote :
A local nonprofit is scrambling to recover its losses after thieves ransacked its warehouse over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, stealing truckloads of toys, canned food, diapers and toiletries meant to be distributed to underprivileged children and families.
They're probably in a shipping container on a boat or truck by now. Apparently nobody in the area noticed the forklifts that would have been required to move ten tons of this stuff...
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:04 pm

There's already a push to replace the items: Send in the Marines.

My title, not theirs. Anyway, the Marines are donating 1,000 gifts to help replace the ones that were stolen, and (not in this article, but on the local news) a local fast-food restaurant is giving its patrons a free taco if they donate a can of food to the non-profit.

So, while some people are shits, other people believe in stepping up to help. And in free tacos.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:07 pm

They released a mugshot of the guy who did this:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:35 pm

lemmingwriter wrote:
There's already a push to replace the items: Send in the Marines.

My title, not theirs. Anyway, the Marines are donating 1,000 gifts to help replace the ones that were stolen, and (not in this article, but on the local news) a local fast-food restaurant is giving its patrons a free taco if they donate a can of food to the non-profit.

So, while some people are shits, other people believe in stepping up to help. And in free tacos.

Well, let's hope they beef up security this time around.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:04 am

Mafiosa wrote:

Spoiler:
Mafiosa, what are you implying about the state of the last can of Who Hash? WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING ABOUT THE STATE OF THE LAST CAN OF WHO HASH?!
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 6:25 am

I wouldn't be overly surprised if it was some sort of inside job myself.

And I don't think the Grinch did this. After all, the Grinch brought the stuff back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:55 am

Delcat wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Spoiler:
Mafiosa, what are you implying about the state of the last can of Who Hash? WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING ABOUT THE STATE OF THE LAST CAN OF WHO HASH?!
Why, that Grinch even took their last can of Who-hash!
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Why, that Grinch even took their last can of Who-hash!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy   Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy Empty

Back to top Go down

Thieves Take $150,000 In Food And Toys For The Needy
Page 1 of 1