Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals

Go down 
+14
Malganis
Miss Prince
Somath Cegem
Sheba
Lady Anne
Chris91
EileenK98
Manny
Spotts1701
Reidmar
Penguin
Maximilia
rachel
Thanos6
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals Empty
PostSubject: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:11 am

This is why we didn't impeach Sanford, because this guy would have taken over.

Quote :
Friday, Bauer said giving food to needy people means encouraging dependence. It also gives the recipients a license to have children who will also be dependent on public aid, he said."

My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to
quit feeding stray animals," Bauer told a Greenville-area crowd. "You know why? Because they breed.

"You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better."
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:21 am

Wow, sucks to be South Carolina; having to choose whether to be governed by a laughingstock or a disgrace to humanity.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:09 am

Ok, while I am all for people having to have a license to have children, that statement is sheer what-the-fuckery on a massive scale. "No, don't feed the poor, they breeeeeeeeed."
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:28 am

Oh, how delightfully eeeee-ville. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:29 am

Honestly Sanford is better than that dude if you think about it, simply because sanford WON'T compare the needy to animals.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:54 am

At least he didn't propose having the poor spayed or neutered as a condition of receiving aid.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:57 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
At least he didn't propose having the poor spayed or neutered as a condition of receiving aid.
Ouch... least he didn't haha. South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals 896582
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:43 am

Spay or neuter your poor or homeless persons today!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:49 am

Quote :
"You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better."

Bolding mine. In an economy where people are out of work through no fault of their own, and can't find a job no matter how hard they try, this is just insulting.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Insulting? It's motherfucking slander.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks, guys. Every time I start thinking that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the worst person who could ever be governor, you renew my faith in politics.

On topic: What a douche. Bauer should just remember that he will soon enough be out of office. Maybe we should avoid feeding him so he won't breed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Manny wrote:

Too late; they already are!
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Sheba wrote:
Manny wrote:

You know, I'm pretty sure after 9 kids her 'reproductive rights' were well exercised, that lady needed no more babies.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Uh-oh, here we go.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Sheba wrote:
Manny wrote:

You know, I'm pretty sure after 9 kids her 'reproductive rights' were well exercised, that lady needed no more babies.

That's not really the issue; the point is that an invasive, basically irreversible medical procedure was performed on her against her will.

Did she need to have more children? No, probably not, but when you get people other than a woman/a couple who wants to have kids/more kids involved, and they make decisions for that person or persons against the wishes or without the consent of the people who are actually going to be affected by it... that's not quite right, IMHO.

Regardless of how I or you or anyone else feels about this woman having more children, letting the hospital get by with this just because someone feels she didn't need more children sets a bad precedent. Doctors are not gods and they should not be allowed to just do whatever they want or feel they 'should' do, for whatever trivial reason, upon a person's helpless body, without consulting them or informing them.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:36 pm

Malganis wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Sheba wrote:
Manny wrote:

That's not really the issue; the point is that an invasive, basically irreversible medical procedure was performed on her against her will.

Did she need to have more children? No, probably not, but when you get people other than a woman/a couple who wants to have kids/more kids involved, and they make decisions for that person or persons against the wishes or without the consent of the people who are actually going to be affected by it... that's not quite right, IMHO.

Regardless of how I or you or anyone else feels about this woman having more children, letting the hospital get by with this just because someone feels she didn't need more children sets a bad precedent. Doctors are not gods and they should not be allowed to just do whatever they want or feel they 'should' do, for whatever trivial reason, upon a person's helpless body, without consulting them or informing them.

Dude, that was me grasping at a one liner and apparently failing, not condoning the actions of the docs, biiiig difference.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Why does Malganis still dive face first into every single wank-bait?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Sheba wrote:
Manny wrote:

Her body, her choice.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Her body, her choice.
Thanks a lot; now I'm horribly reminded of that movie by Schwarzenegger.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:22 pm

I fully support population control and all that, but that was just fucked up on the doctors' part.

As for the lt. gov. of S. Carolina...wow. Wow. Someone needs whalloping.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:38 am

Quote :
“There was no medical reason for them to do this,” Savicki told the Herald. “That’s my choice. This is my body. I wanted the IUD so later if I felt I wanted more children, I could have more.”

Not on my dime, you don't. She has every right to have all the kids she wants, as long as she can support them herself.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Thanks, guys. Every time I start thinking that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the worst person who could ever be governor, you renew my faith in politics.

On topic: What a douche. Bauer should just remember that he will soon enough be out of office. Maybe we should avoid feeding him so he won't breed.

Why wait for his term to expire? I say shoot the bastard now.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:43 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Quote :
“There was no medical reason for them to do this,” Savicki told the Herald. “That’s my choice. This is my body. I wanted the IUD so later if I felt I wanted more children, I could have more.”

Not on my dime, you don't. She has every right to have all the kids she wants, as long as she can support them herself.
Um...in the future, she might have been more financially secure (or not--even if you're financially secure, you can get downsized right out of security and onto welfare). Besides, she wanted to use contraception. If that's not being responsible, I don't know what is.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Yeah, seriously. She was getting a contraceptive device put in. She was taking steps to ensure that she wouldn't have another child before she was prepared for one. What these doctors did was way, way, WAY out of line, horrible, and quite illegal.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:16 am

I was skimming this rather fast and misread it as:
Lady Anne wrote:
Psy-4 wrote:
Why does Malganis still dive face first into every single wank-bait?
Her body, her choice.
...which, without coming down on either side of the issue, is a rather nice burn, really.

*cough* Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals   South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals Empty

Back to top Go down

South Carolina's lieutenant governor compares the needy to stray animals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next