Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)

Go down 
+8
unskilled78
Root Admin
Mafiosa
Somath Cegem
ZoZo
Keith Fraser
theweirdkind
Maximilia
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) Empty
PostSubject: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:44 am

Alrighty, how this will work will be pretty simple. This challenge is about having different authors take turns with a badfic, and seeing if anyone calls us on the BS and/or how ridiculous we can make a fanfic. Everyone who is signed up to write will write one chapter and email/PM it to me. I will post it on a brand new FF.net account (which I've already made).

Those who are participating either PM me (I would prefer that actually) or post in this thread, or the one in the challenge thread.

1.) I'll keep sign ups open until the 7th, though we'll start writing as soon as we figure out which fandom we're writing for.
2.) The order will be chosen randomly. If we go through the entire month of December with everyone writing at least once, we'll start again with the first person who's written, keeping the same order.
3.) The person who is writing will have three days to send in a chapter, which will need to either be PM'd to me or emailed, depending upon how long it is. With how FF.net works, I think I'd prefer an email.
4.) I will post it to one new FF account. I will not be participating in the actual writing--I'll just keep to the posting of chapters.
5.) Since it's a challenge, maybe at the end have a poll to see whose the worst is? Or I don't know... I thought of this just for fun.
6.) Profit.

I'm going to go through and find some popular fandoms now and post a poll within the hour so we can pick which fandom to write in.

For the writing itself? Keep it M. No pron, or at least no explicit pron. Other than that, I don't care. Just make it horrible! Hell, throw in weird crossovers if you want.

I've been trying all morning to make a poll and it's either broken or I need more sleep. So, here is a list of the fandoms which have over 10,000 stories posted to them, ensuring that we will get a good audience. I also threw in a couple other fandoms which are in the public eye at the moment *coughcoughTwilightcoughcough*. You do NOT have to know anything about the fandom to write for it! I'm going to put a minimum of 300 words for each chapter written, no maximum. You need to add your own author's note if you want them as well as chapter titles. I will not be adding to the chapters in any way (although Waffles--a quick warning. Please don't put in 'maxxles' and 'femxxles' and suchlike. I will change that to men and women, since--while liberated--it's obvious troll language and other people wouldn't understand it). The first one to write gets to name the fic as well.

For fandom selection purposes, please vote in the poll weird made. Sorry for the confusion. For some reason I can't add a poll. Either I'm just really slow today or what. So, so sorry for the confusion.

People signed up thus far:
Unskilled78
theweirdkind
Waffles
ZoZo
Mafiosa
Keith Fraser (I think? :O)
Dr. Professor Science
Theaphelia
Nihilist
Somath Cegem
Reepicheep-chan

EDIT: More thoughts. We could keep the fic secret from the rest of the boards, which fandom we're writing for, and who wrote which chapter. At the end of the month, other people could try and guess which story it is, and who wrote which chapter? Just a thought anyway. Smile

Last edited by Maximilia on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:28 pm

This is the sub-forum that nobody else can see. Only the ones that have signed up in the other one and see this.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:34 pm

I must need more sleep. I'll go edit the other one.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:21 pm

I vote Transformers or Twilight.

Who will go first? This is quite important, since they theoretically get to set the premise of the entire fic (though no doubt going off on complete tangents will be par for the course). Maybe once we have a fandom we should decide collectively on a rough starting-point. Or not. We could just aim for something like this. Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) 611762
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Vote here.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 11:29 am

Almost, my challengers, here are some more specific rules for writing so that we are all clear on how it should proceed.

1.) The first person will get the honor of naming the fic, and putting in the initial description. For each successive author, they can change the description/blurb of the story as they see fit. I will also need author's notes if you want any, the tags to put on it (dramatic, romantic, angst, parody, etc), and any responses to reviews. You can ONLY respond to reviews of your particular chapter... and only if you want. That's purely optional.

2.) All of YOU will get the link to the story and the "author". Everyone can add to the author's blurb if they want. Right now, it's a clean slate. That's just for authenticity though, so people don't just call troll and leave it.

3.) The story must be continuous and have internal consistency. For example, if someone says Chewie is a klingon and not a wookiee, then he is a klingon for the rest of the story, unless you change it in your chapter. Furthering that example, you could say he underwent a radical operation to turn him into a bantha, or that he traded places with an alternate self from a different universe.

4.) If the chapter ends on a cliffhanger, then you must first deal with the cliffhanger before moving on. You can deal with it however you want though.

5.) Crossovers are A-OK, but have at least some bullshit "reasonable" way to deal with them. If it's in the Star Trek 'verse, for example, have Q beam over Edward from Twilight. Now, this is "reasonable" in badfic-land, so any excuse possible, but there has to be SOME sort of excuse.

6.) Everyone will have three days to get their chapter in to me. I will PM the next in line when I need a chapter from them. If they don't get their chapter in within 3 days, we'll skip that person and go to the next.

7.) The challenge will continue until the end of December or until everyone has written at least one chapter, whichever comes last. If we hit mid-December and everyone has written, we'll wrap around and begin again with the first person and go until the end of December.

8.) Anything goes! As long as rule #3 is followed with internal consistency--it doesn't have to make sense, but it has to be consistent--I don't care what you guys do with this. Make it an obvious trollfic, an obvious self-insert Sue/Stu fantasy, crossover...whatever. Go crazy nuts!

9.) At the end, we'll post the link to the boards--I really hope people find it and spork it, but you never know--and have other boardmates try to match up who wrote what chapter, for a mini-contest for them. That's optional, and pretty up in the air. I think it'd be cool, though. I also want to keep this secret from the boards to lessen the chances of being phantom-linked and called out as a troll.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 5:03 pm

Alright. The polls are officially closed. The fandom is Star Wars. Smile

As per in the rules, the person writing will have 3 days to get the chapter in to me. They can either PM it to me or send it to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. As soon as I get the chapter, I will post it and notify the next person via PM. The sign ups will be open until the 7th. The author profile for our fake author is here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post 'em here. Smile
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 am

Can we make a Sue?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:23 am

I am seconding this like a mofo!
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:25 am

theweirdkind wrote:
Can we make a Sue?

If we do I'm gonna bash her something rotten.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:57 am

You can do anything you want with it, weird. Whatever you want! Mafiosa's going first (I should have posted that yesterday), so if you want to get together and talk it over, that's fine. Once Mafi has the first chapter in, I'll randomly determine the 2nd person, and so on. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:01 pm

I sort of have an idea for it. Sort of.

It involves a really weird Sue.

Also, I know nothing about Star Wars so this should be very bad.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 pm

This should be very awesome.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:38 pm

If it helps, I last saw Star Wars when I was about nine. So... umm... LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:59 pm

What's the best way to attract Star Wars raaaaaage?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I honestly haven't a clue. Razz
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Nihilist wrote:
What's the best way to attract Star Wars raaaaaage?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I honestly haven't a clue. Razz

YES!
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Alright! The first chapter is up! To read it, go here. The title is officially now, "Star Wars ~ The Luna Saga: To Save a Planet."

Weird's up next, and the next chapter is due by the 7th (or before).

EDIT: Also, I added a very brief description of the story (which anyone can change) of "A girl is enlisted to save a planet. PLEASE R&R"

And remember, anyone can change the author's blurb too, or add to it. I'm keeping as hands off of this thing as I can. Smile

Last edited by Maximilia on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Sorry it blows, ya'll.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:18 pm

It doesn't blow! I'm sure it's a lot of pressure to start like that.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:04 pm

I suggest adding a lot of those "If you (insert condition here, such as: Think Edward and Bella are the cutest couple ever), put this in your profile" things.

You should also favorite some stories with similar plots to our little tale.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:09 pm

unskilled78 wrote:
I suggest adding a lot of those "If you (insert condition here, such as: Think Edward and Bella are the cutest couple ever), put this in your profile" things.

You should also favorite some stories with similar plots to our little tale.

Well, then write some of those out and I'll put it in there. I was going to favorite some stories, but I wanted to wait until we started writing to hit the similar-ness.

EDIT: I've favorited a few stories. I'll see where the next chapter goes to favorite a few more.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Note that I'll be mostly away from the Internet from about Dec. 20th to Jan. 3rd, so my slot should be before that. *off to read first chapter*

Edit: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) 556166 Nice job, Mafiosa. I can't wait to write my own chapter about the Sue's perky sparkliness.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:06 pm

The Sue was based off my sister. Trollface
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 am

Maximilia wrote:
(although Waffles--a quick warning. Please don't put in 'maxxles' and 'femxxles' and suchlike. I will change that to men and women, since--while liberated--it's obvious troll language and other people wouldn't understand it).
Everybody should understand what a maxxle and femaxxle is.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 6:13 am

Oho! Beautifully executed, Mafi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)   Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hotseat Badfic Challenge (December 2009 challenge)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next