Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons

Go down 
+53
Reidmar
WD40
NicolaQ1987
FreakEgg
bleachedblackcat
Seule
Kevin M
Miss Prince
Grimley Fieendish
Keith Fraser
Lapin
SirDixonDongs
JadeAngel
Renew_light
unskilled78
karmyn31
Rabid Badger
Zeiss Manifold
Alana
Obskeree
Plesio
Root Admin
Seiran
kryceksangel
theweirdkind
Jay/Cris
Fairlight
Rizale
Penguin
Sakurelf
Dr. Professor Science
HurriKaty
KGarrett
Fitchsticks
Ceres
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
goldfish
Chris91
InkWeaver
Delcat
Miraba
SokMunkie
Melissa
A_Note_Chaotic
myeerah
saeku
VileCorp
rae
Rydain
Mafiosa
Raine
Miss Misery
Maximilia
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons   Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:51 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Ghost Ship

About a guy who's cursed to use gold as bait for killing people on ships and ferrying around their souls. Or something. And a ghost ship.

Not the very, very worst film you'll ever see, but unbearably DULL, with about a million plotholes, and a really, REALLY apalling ending that SCREAMS "Insert Sequel Here" but never got around to it, thank GOD.

I think the only thing I liked about that movie was the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons   Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Ghost Ship

About a guy who's cursed to use gold as bait for killing people on ships and ferrying around their souls. Or something. And a ghost ship.

Not the very, very worst film you'll ever see, but unbearably DULL, with about a million plotholes, and a really, REALLY apalling ending that SCREAMS "Insert Sequel Here" but never got around to it, thank GOD.

Holy shit, I agree with Harley, completely. The only thing Ghost Ship had going for it was Gabriel Byrne--who I think must have needed the money.
Back to top Go down
Seiran

Seiran

PostSubject: Re: Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons   Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:12 am

Ghost Ship

99% true, but the beginning of Ghost Ship with the slicing wire was a thing of beauty. No-way-hell-yes-Dear-Mythbusters beauty.

Most of the spate of remakes belong in this thread-- Prom Night, Halloween, The Omen, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Willard, The Fog, The Hitcher if you count that as horror. I'd put House of Wax on this list but I have no idea which/any version it's supposed to be a remake of, given its unique brand of insanity. Worst offender here is, of course, The Wicker Man.

Also, Hellraiser III and up. Hellbound was not as bad because a lot of the original creative team was still involved. But from Hell On Earth on out, it deteriorated fast and killed my Barker-fangirl soul.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons   Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:19 am

Seiran wrote:

Worst offender here is, of course, The Wicker Man.

Wickerman, and many of these other terrible movies, are good for those days when you invite your snarky friends over to drunkenly laugh at it with you. What do you call them, C movies? D movies? Good times.

Does anyone remember this Sci-Fi Channel movie where these army guys were fighting alien velociraptors? That one is great for shits and giggles.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons   Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:22 am

Seiran wrote:
Ghost Ship

99% true, but the beginning of Ghost Ship with the slicing wire was a thing of beauty. No-way-hell-yes-Dear-Mythbusters beauty.

Most of the spate of remakes belong in this thread-- Prom Night, Halloween, The Omen, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Willard, The Fog, The Hitcher if you count that as horror. I'd put House of Wax on this list but I have no idea which/any version it's supposed to be a remake of, given its unique brand of insanity. Worst offender here is, of course, The Wicker Man.

Also, Hellraiser III and up. Hellbound was not as bad because a lot of the original creative team was still involved. But from Hell On Earth on out, it deteriorated fast and killed my Barker-fangirl soul.

I'd forgotten about the wire.

And the remake of Willard wasn't horror, it was comedy. I swear to God. When I heard it was about a guy befriending a psychotic rat (so to speak), I had to see it--and I wasn't disappointed. Total crap for horror, but it was terribly funny.
Back to top Go down
Seiran

Seiran

PostSubject: Re: Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons   Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:08 am

Nihilist wrote:
Does anyone remember this Sci-Fi Channel movie where these army guys were fighting alien velociraptors? That one is great for shits and giggles.

You just described a good third of the Sci-Fi channel's movies.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons   Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:52 am

The slicing wire was cool. It was, unfortunately, the ONLY good thing about that movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Plesio

Plesio

PostSubject: Re: Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons   Horror Movies Which Make You Scream and Run... for all the wrong reasons - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Nihilist wrote:
Seiran wrote:

Worst offender here is, of course, The Wicker Man.

Wickerman, and many of these other terrible movies, are good for those days when you invite your snarky friends over to drunkenly laugh at it with you. What do you call them, C movies? D movies? Good times.