Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Drives Edward Cullen

Go down 
+17
grmblfjx
Somath Cegem
Chocho
Grimley Fieendish
frostflowers
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
T.S.Orr
Lapin
Trivia
theweirdkind
unskilled78
KGarrett
ZoZo
Mae Bedlam
Saleha
Narwhal
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

What Drives Edward Cullen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Drives Edward Cullen   What Drives Edward Cullen - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:11 pm

grmblfjx wrote:

Actually, a study has shown that despite the urban legend that Volvos are OMG SO SAFE, they are no safer or higher quality than any other car.

The only reason Volvos have the reputation they do is because back in the 1960s they were built heavier and thicker than their other European counterparts. Back then people thought that the heavier the car, the safer it was. They didn't wear seatbelts then and there were fewer cars on the road though.

I think they're trying to play target audiences though going by reputation and demographics.

Twilight seems to be more the territory of stodgy "safe"vehicles like minivans and Volvos which equipped with OnStar or whatnot will watch your every move and keep you safe. It's just like Edward Cullen, don't you know.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: What Drives Edward Cullen   What Drives Edward Cullen - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 am

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. If I wanted to be seen as an effete, pasty little shit with an ugly girlfriend, I'd drive a Vulva Volvo, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: What Drives Edward Cullen   What Drives Edward Cullen - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:

Actually, a study has shown that despite the urban legend that Volvos are OMG SO SAFE, they are no safer or higher quality than any other car.

The only reason Volvos have the reputation they do is because back in the 1960s they were built heavier and thicker than their other European counterparts. Back then people thought that the heavier the car, the safer it was. They didn't wear seatbelts then and there were fewer cars on the road though.

I think they're trying to play target audiences though going by reputation and demographics.

Twilight seems to be more the territory of stodgy "safe"vehicles like minivans and Volvos which equipped with OnStar or whatnot will watch your every move and keep you safe. It's just like Edward Cullen, don't you know.

What do you expect from the only division of Ford, (that they acquired in the 1990's) , that was'nt sold off to prevent the U.S parent company from going bust in 2000-2001...?
As for safe vehicles, Volvo (pre Ford acquisition) sold a lot of 850 Estates, in the U.K during the early-mid 90's, due to the barkingly mad T5 estates, that Volvo ran in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC for short) events during said timeframe..?
Back to top Go down
Kari Izumi
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: What Drives Edward Cullen   What Drives Edward Cullen - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:56 am

The ironic thing about Edward Cullen selling Volvo is that the cars he own are the exact opposite of what Volvo's known for.

...I hate myself for knowing this firsthand.
What Drives Edward Cullen - Page 2 846489
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: What Drives Edward Cullen   What Drives Edward Cullen - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:26 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Penguin wrote:
The sad thing is Volvo makes really good cars.
Way back when, Volvos (and SAABs) were safer than most cars while still being cheaper than a Merc.

The rest of the world quietly caught on.
I'm so happy now the deal for that V40 fell through... I got a BMW that does nearly 20 per liter, and isn't in any way related to lame literature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Drives Edward Cullen   What Drives Edward Cullen - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Drives Edward Cullen
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2