Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid

Go down 
+29
Delcat
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Jay/Cris
rae
Lexin
grmblfjx
Knorg
Miss Misery
TheHermit
Somath Cegem
Saleha
Lysander
Fitchsticks
theweirdkind
Mikey Go WOOGA
Raine
KGarrett
Salamas
Jocelyn
ZoZo
Seule
Cyberwulf
DarthDarthington
unskilled78
Lapin
Penguin
Mae Bedlam
Narwhal
King Bee
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid Empty
PostSubject: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:37 am

Dumbass.

Quote :
AN Indian man claims he has been cheated by the cosmetics firm that makes popular deodorant Lynx after failing to land a girlfriend for the past seven years. Vaibhav Bev has been using Lynx deodorant since 2002, in the hope the company's promotional campaign - which features scantily clad women throwing themselves at men - had some basis in real life.

Mr Bev is suing the maker of Lynx - marketed as Axe in his home country - for more than $100,000, seeking compensation for "depression and psychological damage".

"I used it for seven years but no girl came to me," he told the Daily Record.

Indian compensation lawyer Ram Jethmalani advised the company that makes Axe, Unilever, to settle out of court.

He said any claims by Unilever that Mr Bev failed to find a girlfriend because he was unattractive were unlikely to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:44 am

I hate those commercials just as much as the next sane person, but really? The sickening part is that no matter what, this guy is probably going to end up getting his grubby, cheaply cologned hands all over some serious cash. It's like they're paying him for being a fugly moron.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:52 am

Oh, that wacky Chris-chan is at it again!
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:54 am

I'm okay with this. Marketing department, you reap what you sow.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:58 am

This is too funny for me to get pissed. I'm allergic to Axe. It makes me sneeze and get all watery-eyed, so seeing harm brought to them gives me a sense of glee.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Lapin wrote:
I'm allergic to Axe. It makes me sneeze and get all watery-eyed, so seeing harm brought to them gives me a sense of glee.
.....so everything that your body can't comfortably process is evil and should be destroyed?
What if I told you I was allergic to cats? Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid 896582

Personally, I think that without a specific mention of a guarantee, all advertising to this effect should be taken as gross hyperbole and it should be assumed to have no truth behind it.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:05 pm

I said it gives me a sense of glee, not that it was right.

I'm allergic to you too, by the way.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Penguin wrote:

This.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:22 pm

DarthDarthington wrote:
Penguin wrote:

This.
Agreed. Maybe now they'll can their sexist ad campaigns.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:59 pm

THIS

IS
AWESOME
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
DarthDarthington wrote:
Penguin wrote:

This.
This to both Penguin and CW.

Lynx adverts make me cross.
Back to top Go down
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:30 pm

I think that stuff stinks all to hell, and want to hold my nose whenever I pass a man wearing it. (Ya know, men on whom I do smell it always seem to be drenched in the stuff - maybe it's a commentary on AXE's target audience?)
Back to top Go down
http://jocelyncs.livejournal.com
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
DarthDarthington wrote:
Penguin wrote:

This.

Or they'll add some stupid disclaimer.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
DarthDarthington wrote:
Penguin wrote:

This.
I agree with this, mostly, but I don't think it's the company's fault that this guy's a loser.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:53 pm

Jocelyn wrote:
I think that stuff stinks all to hell, and want to hold my nose whenever I pass a man wearing it. (Ya know, men on whom I do smell it always seem to be drenched in the stuff - maybe it's a commentary on AXE's target audience?)

My brother wears that Lynx stuff and it's just disgusting. To me it smells like it's aiming to burns the nostrils of any woman that passes by. Ugh...

I really do hope they not only change their advertisements but the way those things smell too.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Am I the only one who smells a /b/tard?

Cyberwulf wrote:
DarthDarthington wrote:
Penguin wrote:

This.

Or maybe they'll put a disclaimer on them.

But hey, maybe if you write a letter in ALL CAPS calling them fuckknuckles, which not only seems to be your calling in life, but also your only skill that doesn't involve Godot and a whip, they'll stop that ad campaign.

All of this aside, do you think I could get in on this? I mean, I use Axe and nobody loves me. Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid 309696 I'm sure it's their fault, because correlation ALWAYS equals causation. Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid 57786
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
All of this aside, do you think I could get in on this? I mean, I use Axe and nobody loves me.
Why am I not surprised that Mikey uses Axe?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 3:39 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I mean, I use Axe and nobody loves me. Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid 309696
Honeybunch, the thing about Lynx/Axe is that it actually contains special Woman Repellant(tm).

Plus, you're really annoying.
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:54 am

Yeah I hate the smell of Lynx. You can tell a mile off if a guy is wearing it.

This is awesome/ridiculous though. Surely this isn't real actual news is it?
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:57 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I use Axe

Then you are probably sucking a cock right now.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:11 am

Lysander wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I use Axe

Then you are probably sucking a cock right now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Doubtful. The gay people I know wouldn't be caught dead wearing Axe. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:13 am

Lysander wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I use Axe

Then you are probably sucking your own cock right now.

Correction!!
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:36 am

Ugh. I really hate stories like this. I don't like any conflict in which I'm hoping for both participants to lose.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:57 am

Jocelyn wrote:

It goes back to the commercials again, where they show dudes spraying half a can into each armpit and then another in an X across their chest or some crap. They're basically doing the equivalent of being that old woman drenched in cheap perfume that nobody wants to sit by in church.

Another reason is that since it's supposed to be a "deodorant" they use it as a stand-in for hygiene. My roommate at Sheppard would do this. No time for a shower? Hose self down in Axe. Forgot to do laundry? Spray shirt with Axe. (And all that glorious Texass heat.) And so on.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:30 am

Penguin wrote:
Another reason is that since it's supposed to be a "deodorant" they use it as a stand-in for hygiene. My roommate at Sheppard would do this. No time for a shower? Hose self down in Axe. Forgot to do laundry? Spray shirt with Axe. (And all that glorious Texass heat.) And so on.

Ohhh, the mank of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid   Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid Empty

Back to top Go down

Man sues AXE deodorant because he can't get laid
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next