Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.

Go down 
+4
Fairlight
Mae Bedlam
Trioculus
Fitchsticks
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. Empty
PostSubject: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire. What can one say about it? Is it a brave new comedy playfully undermining the conventions of fantasy epics that have become so popular over recent years?

No. It's a great big barrel of monkey spunk.

The main character is a pretty boy with a false American accent to make him more exotic to us Brits and a scrubby beard to make him more grrrrr, manly! His body says 'youthful 20s' but his eyes and cragged forehead say 'tired actor pushing 40 and struggling to find work beyond Holby City'. But don't worry, he gets his overtoned abs out to compensate!

Krod is fighting an evil empire, leading the revolution for freedom! As such he must surround himself with HI-larious stereotypes, including a screaming black man. He's a wizard who can't do magic and appears to be trying to breed Chris Rock and Chris tucker, creating the crossbreed hellbeast of... a screaming black man! Say what?

There's also Bruce, the mincing Latin American gay who actually kind of borders 'offensive' with his stereotype. He is described as a 'widow' at one point when his lover dies. He wears a black veil.

The female character has only two established character traits so far. She wears no underwear and she's a big fat whore. In the second episode she does a lapdance in a white gauze miniskirt and then sleeps with 300 guys. I wish I were joking.

My favourite bit so far is the defence Krod Mandoon has found on IMDB, in response to a review from another user saying it would only be enjoyed by men with IQs under 90:
Quote :
As for the IQ
comment's I have a IQ over 130 and my Father has one over 140 and we
both love this show I especially love how they make fun of them selves and the
genre it's self.
While you have been focusing your genius on obvious innuendoes about horse rape (the rapist himself is called Horse Draper.... HURRRR!) you appear to have lost control of your punctuation!

SRSly, TV doesn't get much worse than Krod Mandoon. I'll see if I can find some videos.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 2:12 pm

There's a friend of mine who loves the show and swears it's better than the ads make it look.

I figure if the ads, which are supposedly the "best" stuff from the show, blow that much monkey spunk, it can't be any good.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:07 pm

I saw one, maybe two episodes of this and wasn't paying too much attention, and I remembering mustering one, maybe two snickers out of the whole experience. My sense of humor is terrible enough that the "Biclops" pun warrants a "Breathe-through-the-nose-faster-than-usual-while-grinning-inwardly-" snicker.

The stereotypes probably wouldn't be as offensive if the writing weren't so spectacularly mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:22 pm

I meant to watch this and missed it. I feel better about that now.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:49 pm

I really enjoy Krod Mandoon, and it was actually made by Comedy Central, not purely for a British audience. In fact, it's already finished it's seven episode pilot run over here in the states, and I found it to be absolutely hilarious, especially when compared to the other shit that Comedy Central attempts to shove down their viewers throats like Reno 911.

Sure it went for lowbrow humor more often that I'd like, but it had truly entertaining characters. Dongalor and Barnabus were absolutely brilliant together and really made the show for me a lot more than characters like Aneka and Bruce. Zezllryck (or however it's spelled) seems like Kevin Hart (the comedian that played his role) had a lot of leeway in building the character how he wanted, and I think he pulled it off very well. Krod himself is also very funny. And let's not forget Loquasto, who, along with Dongalor and Barnabus, was one of my favorite characters. His simplistic nature and general naivety made for some good humor.

So sure, Krod Mandoon isn't for everyone, but calling it absolutely terrible is a bit of strecth IMO. It may just be my bias because I enjoy the show, but I can see how some wouldn't but not enough to call it terrible.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Knight wrote:
especially when compared to the other shit that Comedy Central attempts to shove down their viewers throats like Reno 911.
1) Comedy Central did the exact same thing with Krod Mandoon and hyped up the pilot literally every five minutes before it first aired.
2) Screw you, I love Reno 911. :B
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 7:39 am

I'm sorry, I will never accept that this TV show is anything other than awful. Even if it gets better as the series progresses that still only ranks it as 'not totally abysmal'. It wasn't just not funny. It was unfunny. Some of it even made me wince, like when Dongalor and Barnabus randomly hear Michael Gambon's voice over (and Christ knows how he got involved in this). I don't think much of Dongalor and Barnabus' interaction either by the way. Because inept bad guy/intelligent lackey is a pairing I've never seen before, right?

The whole thing is just so simplistic! If it weren't for the tits and the swearing it could almost be aimed at children.

Although I accept that it's hard to convince somebody why you think something is/is not funny. People do have different senses of humour, I just can't understand anybody thinking this thing is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:27 am

... Yeah, sorry, have to agree with the fact that that one was bad. I watched the one-hour pilot made of the first two eps, and it just felt as though it would never end. It had a couple of funny moments, but not nearly enough to make up for the sheer idiocy of the rest. I dunno whether I'd call it totally and utterly terrible, but good, it was definitely not.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:59 pm

Knighty wrote:
In fact, it's already finished it's seven
episode pilot run over here in the states, and I found it to be
absolutely hilarious, especially when compared to the other shit that
Comedy Central attempts to shove down their viewers throats like Reno

THANK YOU!

It wasn't that bad. Dumbass baddie and Barny were the best part.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 7:34 am

Quote :

Trust me, you don't have to. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is.   Krod Mandoon. I'm sorry, I can't make it sound any worse than it is. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1