Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hotseat Badfic Challenge?

Go down 
+9
Root Admin
Keith Fraser
Theaphelia
Mafiosa
ZoZo
Dr. Professor Science
Narwhal
myeerah
Maximilia
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge?   Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:13 am

I have come to the realization that, like many of the filthy mexxles on this forum, I haven't been pulling my weight here. I shall show you how a true womyn writes.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge?   Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 am

Um... wow. Shocked
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge?   Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:30 am

I'm in! Do I... er need to say anything other than that?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge?   Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:44 am

I'll try.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge?   Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:19 am

Alrighty, how this will work will be pretty simple. This challenge is about having different authors take turns with a single badfic, and seeing if anyone calls us on the BS and/or how ridiculous we can make a fanfic. Everyone who is signed up to write will write one chapter and email/PM it to me. I will post it on a brand new FF.net account (which I've already made).

Those who are participating either PM me (I would prefer that actually) or post in this thread.

1.) I'll keep sign ups open until the 7th, though we'll start writing as soon as we figure out which fandom we're writing for.
2.) The order will be chosen randomly. If we go through the entire month of December with everyone writing at least once, we'll start again with the first person who's written, keeping the same order.
3.) The person who is writing will have three days to send in a chapter, which will need to either be PM'd to me or emailed, depending upon how long it is. With how FF.net works, I think I'd prefer an email.
4.) I will post it to one new FF account. I will not be participating in the actual writing--I'll just keep to the posting of chapters.
5.) Since it's a challenge, maybe at the end have a poll to see whose the worst is? Or I don't know... I thought of this just for fun.
6.) Profit.

I'm going to go through and find some popular fandoms now and post a poll within the hour so we can pick which fandom to write in.

For the writing itself? Keep it M. No pron, or at least no explicit pron. Other than that, I don't care. Just make it horrible! Hell, throw in weird crossovers if you want.

I've been trying all morning to make a poll and it's either broken or I need more sleep. So, here is a list of the fandoms which have over 10,000 stories posted to them, ensuring that we will get a good audience. I also threw in a couple other fandoms which are in the public eye at the moment *coughcoughTwilightcoughcough*. You do NOT have to know anything about the fandom to write for it! I'm going to put a minimum of 300 words for each chapter written, no maximum. You need to add your own author's note if you want them as well as chapter titles. I will not be adding to the chapters in any way (although Waffles--a quick warning. Please don't put in 'maxxles' and 'femxxles' and suchlike. I will change that to men and women, since--while liberated--it's obvious troll language and other people wouldn't understand it). The first one to write gets to name the fic as well.

For fandom selection purposes, please go vote in theweirdkind's poll thread for this. For some really weird reason, I can't make a poll.

For those people who have cast their votes already, please recast under weird's poll. Sorry for the confusion and trouble, guys.

People signed up thus far:
Unskilled78
theweirdkind
Waffles
ZoZo
Mafiosa
Keith Fraser (I think? :O)
Dr. Professor Science
Theaphelia
Nihilist
Somath Cegem
Reepicheep-chan

EDIT: More thoughts. We could keep the fic secret from the rest of the boards, which fandom we're writing for, and who wrote which chapter. At the end of the month, other people could try and guess which story it is, and who wrote which chapter? Just a thought anyway.

Last edited by Maximilia on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge?   Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:14 pm

Transformers
Star Wars.

Great, Now I can't get the idea of Unicron Om nom noming Coruscant out of my head.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge?   Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm not hugely familar with many of the fandoms (fanda?) but my vote goes for Twilight, for the pure suck potential, or Buffy for my personal amusement.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge?   Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I can't make a poll for some reason--I did mention that to Nihilist too, btw. Weird was kind enough to do so for me. We pared it down to ten choices, and the ones people have picked already are still in there. So, if you could recast your votes there, that would be awesome. Thank you and very sorry for the confusion again. Nano fried my brain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hotseat Badfic Challenge?   Hotseat Badfic Challenge? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hotseat Badfic Challenge?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2