Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Crossover Badfic Challenge

Go down 
+12
KJM
PiFace314
talonotw
myeerah
SlyChild
Cyberwulf
Raine
Reepicheep-chan
your mom
Sheba
rae
Maximilia
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

The Crossover Badfic Challenge Empty
PostSubject: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:55 pm

(Blatantly stolen from Narwhal's post, with adjustments)

This contest will be starting on Wednesday, December 1st, at 12:01 AM. (aka, it runs from Dec. 1st to the 31st) You can sign up at any time, but no stories can be posted until Wednesday.

Introduction
In reading fanfiction, have you ever come across a crossover fic which made NO SENSE whatsoever? How did character A bamf into character B's world? Why is Naruto going to Hogwarts? Who knows? And even if it's horrible, fans of both fandoms eat it up.

The Concept
The challenge here is to write the worst crossover fic you can think of, and see how many people either call you on your BS or give you rave reviews. There will be a list of suggestions below for what tropes or fandoms to draw from. Over the span of a month, participants in the challenge will write a Horrible Crossover Fic (tm). The person who gets the most reviews, favorites, story alerts, and author alerts (and favorites) will be declared the winner. Any PM's (with proof) of someone calling you on your BS story will also count...but a review doing the same will still only count for one point.

Unlike the previous badfic contest, we will not be posting a sixth chapter as the "big reveal".

The Rules
1. ONE entry per participant.

2. You must choose at least one POPULAR fandom (those with at least 1000 stories in them) for the crossover. For whatever tropes or second fandom you use, it can be anything you like. To keep things fair, you can only use two fandoms for the crossover.

3. You MUST create a BRAND NEW ACCOUNT on fanfiction.net to participate. If we use one that has stories on it already (such as from the previous contest), people may catch onto the contest, or have the author on story alert (for some reason).

4. Anonymous reviews must be disabled. This is to prevent you or your friends from reviewing your story anonymously.

5. If anyone is found to be cheating (why???), they will be disqualified.

6. The entire point of this is to write a shitty stereotypical story, etc. but that doesn't mean you have to abandon proper grammar and spelling.

7. You can write up to five chapters of your story before the deadline. Any MORE chapters will automatically disqualify you. If you have less than five by the end of the contest, that's fine. Real life interferes sometimes. After the contest, feel free to add more chapters if you like.

8. IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE FF.NET REVIEWS OR FAVORITE ANY OF THE ENTRIES. Let the fanbrats do that. We don't want to give unfair advantage to any of the participants.

9. No advertising your fic anywhere else on the net in an attempt to boost your stats.

10. You can get into character as the author and make obnoxious author's notes, etc.

Entry Notification Form
Fill out the following form and PM it to me at your earliest convenience. There is no deadline for entering the contest,ie, you can enter at any time up until the deadline.

FF.net Username:

Fandoms:

Tropes:

You may post your entry in this thread at your own discretion, or you can play your cards close to your chest and reveal your fic at the very end. That's up to you entirely.

The Prize
Well, at this point there are no prizes, but I'll speak to Spotts or Nihilist and see if we can get you a nifty green name and custom title for winning. Smile

The Examples

Fandoms
Harry Potter
Twilight
Final Fantasy VII & VIII
Lord of the Rings
Sailor Moon
Dragonball Z
Dr. Who
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
X-Files
Star Wars
Pirates of the Carribean
Pokemon
Kingdom Hearts
Star Trek
Naruto
Sonic
Inuyasha
Transformers
Yu-Gi-Oh
Fullmetal Alchemist
House M.D.

Tropes
High School AU
Everyone is Gay!
Boss/Secretary Romance
Character X Gets a Makeover
Secret Baby
MPREG
Mates/Mating Season
Misplaced Historical Fiction
Millionaire Playboy Meets Girl Next Door
Arranged Marriage/Marriage Law
Character X is Inexplicably a Vampire/Werewolf
Popular Character and Troubled/Badass/Nerdy Character Fall in Love
Random Fairytale Adaptation
Cutter!fic
Sugar High/Crackfic
Rape is Love
Healing!Sex
Horrific NonCanon Childhood Abuse
Eating Disorders
Stockholm Syndrome
Character X is the Dark King/Lord
Girl Poses as Boy in All Male Boarding School/the Army/Whatever
Diary Style Narrative
Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Seme/Uke
Character X Goes Goth
Character X Has Amnesia
Conniving Ex Tries to Break Up the Couple

The Deadline
The deadline will be midnight EST on December 31st. At that time the contest will be closed and the results tallied. Participants will be required to post screencaps showing their statistics for favorites, author and story alerts. Be prepared to surrender your login data if required to verify data.

Last edited by Maximilia on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm not certain that I'd have time to participate, but I would love to see what others come up with.

Unless I can enter a badfic I wrote years ago, for a different contest. <_< i may still have it.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:09 pm

I might try it.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:57 pm

Here's some generators for ideas:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 10:11 pm

I like how I got a few results from that first generator and kept going, "I like that show, but I don't really know enough to write about it." And then I remembered: I'm not supposed to CARE how much I know about it. The fanbrats never do.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Writing badfic is fun. I had a blast writing that drivel about Luna whatsherbutt turning into a space vampire.
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 12:39 am

It was actually someone's badfic from that last contest you guys had that recruited me to this site. I spent large portions of my time laughing at badfic on my own, but I had no idea that there was an actual forum devoted to just that.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:17 am

I still find people fav'ing my terrible, terrible Zuko/Katara badfic from ages ago. Still makes me laugh every time someone begs for more.

I've always loved hilariously bad crossovers though. I'm all in.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 3:09 am

Ok, it seems there are enough people to warrant opening this up. I will copy Narwhal's rules get some rules posted up tomorrow.

Not sure if we want to make people who sign up have a brand new FF.net account, but it may not be a bad idea to register one now because it seems only fair... if we "rate" by how many reviews/faves/etc one gets, we all need to start with a blank slate.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:39 am

Might I suggest that we don't "gotcha!" people this time around and reveal that haha this was deliberate badfic and you're all so stupid you thought it was good?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 5:03 am

I agree with that, actually, and not because I got some flack for it (although some people liked the story, and were ok with it being a 'gotcha', so... whatever floats your boat), but because it's... mean. People like what they like, and we can sit over here and hee hee hee all we want without hurting anyone. If someone calls us out on being a troll, we can always send them a link in a PM and go, "You know what? You're completely right. Awesome job on calling us out on the BS."
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:38 pm

I would totally be on board with this.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Check the first post in the thread. I stole edited up some rules, and we're open for entries. Smile Stories can't be posted until Dec. 1st, but you can get your FF.Net account and everything set up before hand.
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Is it absolutely required that the crossover is total crack? Because you could sort of cross Doctor Who over with ANYTHING, really. He travels through space and time because he can, and it's not really THAT far a stretch to say he'd go hang out on the Enterprise, or visit Jack Sparrow or something.

I mean, obviously the way you did it would determine how much or little sense it made, but the basic concept that you could cross Doctor Who over with Harry Potter isn't that weird in itself.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:36 pm

It's not required, no. The point is to write badfic though, not to write something spectacularly awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 pm

No, of course... But I was just worried I might get disqualified because Doctor Who + Star Trek is not a zany enough crossover idea, or something. The fic will still be BAAAAD.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Nihilist wrote:
I'll do it after finals, just so long as I can do Sesame Street/Star Wars Christmas Special and insist that I'm fixing the original Colbert

Which original? 'Cause it's not hard to fix the Star Wars Christmas Special...
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm

myeerah wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
I'll do it after finals, just so long as I can do Sesame Street/Star Wars Christmas Special and insist that I'm fixing the original Colbert
Which original? 'Cause it's not hard to fix the Star Wars Christmas Special...
I think that was the point...
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:19 am

Can we use fanbrat conventions such as review-whoring and writing authors' notes mid-story going 'OMG character X is SOOO hawt I wanna hav his baybies!!' and 'LOL Maggie an I were doin this on the bus today it was soooo funny!' ?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:49 pm

You can review whore all you want IN YOUR STORY in the author's notes. No advertising outside of your story or author's profile though, to keep things fair. And yeah, totally do the author's note mid-story. It's supposed to be badfic, after all. Smile

And yeah, we can snark each other's stories...but after the contest is closed.
Back to top Go down
talonotw

talonotw

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 pm

What's the protocol for submitting a badfic when it's written? Sorry if this is common knowledge and I'm just sounding stupid, but I couldn't find a standard rule. Are we supposed to link to it in this thread, or do we keep it under wraps until the end of the contest?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:53 pm

You can link it to the thread, or keep it under wraps. That's up to you. Read the first post in this thread. It has the rules in it. Smile
Back to top Go down
PiFace314

PiFace314

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:19 am

Damn... I need to wait two days before I can post up my god awful story. Sure, the grammar is okay most of the time, but writing it made my eyes run. Still, I want to see if ANYONE is going to enjoy it. AT ALL.

Also,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:52 am

This is actually turning out to be all kinds of fun!

Edit:

First chapter is go!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sheba on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Crossover Badfic Challenge   The Crossover Badfic Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

The Crossover Badfic Challenge
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next