Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test

Go down 
+16
Dr. Professor Science
Hot Cancer
Mafiosa
Verandering
kuroineko
Kevin M
Malganis
Penguin
quamp
Narwhal
Deutschtard
DarthDarthington
Goat
Sparrow
Mae Bedlam
Mr. Comic Book
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test Empty
PostSubject: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:13 pm

At least, that's how Noah Antwiler/Spoony One describes them. On his website, he defies his visitors to make it all the way thru these songs:

I just have one thing to ask...can we be sure K-Fed didn't write their songs? "Shake it like some chocolate milk" sounds an awful lot like his rapping about pancakes on his Playing With Fire album.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:04 am

I watched both videos in one sitting, and I no longer fear death.

Lawl at those guys screaming in the girls' faces while they're trying to look all sexy-like. Every single aspect of these songs could be the product of some brilliant trolling.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 7:19 pm

I think I'm going to die from laughing. Because wow.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 pm

D:

Fuck...

That's some shitty "music" right there.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:21 am

I love how blase the one girl in "Freaxxx" is about being screamed "LIAR!!!!" at while having her neck wrung. You just know she's zoning out until she gets her paycheck.

By the way, the dork in the pig costume? He's the group's mascot. And no, don't ask me why.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 pm

Lol, I overheard some people at school saying this was one of their favorite bands. They called them "hardcore" (not as in 'that's hardcore', but as the genre classification.) Bitch, DO NOT lump this in with the Dead Kennedys [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 pm

I will laugh when mister pink shirt from the first video loses his voice from screaming like that.

You know who this band reminds me of though? A band I had to sit through to see Tool play: Hollywood Undead.

lyrics
Another song has a bit of lyrics so wonderful "now get your drunk ass here, let's bone" ..................... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:01 pm

This song has motivated me to dedicate my life to making a time machine so I can go back in time and punch my mother in the stomach so that I'm never born into a world where this band exists.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:45 pm

DarthDarthington wrote:
Lol, I overheard some people at school saying this was one of their favorite bands. They called them "hardcore" (not as in 'that's hardcore', but as the genre classification.) Bitch, DO NOT lump this in with the Dead Kennedys [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So you've been exposed to these douchebags before? My condolences.

Quote :
I will laugh when mister pink shirt from the first video loses his voice from screaming like that.

I'd settle for seeing him get punched in the balls. Repeatedly. With spiked brass knuckles.

Quote :
This song has motivated me to dedicate my life to making a time machine so I can go back in time and punch my mother in the stomach so that I'm never born into a world where this band exists.

Why not go back in time and punch their moms in the stomach to prevent their existence? Taking it out on yourself would be counterproductive, I think.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:06 am

Deutschtard wrote:

You know who this band reminds me of though? A band I had to sit through to see Tool play: Hollywood Undead.

lyrics
Another song has a bit of lyrics so wonderful "now get your drunk ass here, let's bone" ..................... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I could only listen to that for a few seconds.

I really want to know, why were they touring with Tool?! Aside from them sucking to the extreme and Tool being awesome to the extreme, I can't think of any parallels, similarities, or anything that would indicate why these guys would be touring with them. It would be like Hannah Montana touring with Frank Zappa - why?!
Back to top Go down
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:26 am

In that first video. I can understand why that guy was constantly wretching.
Let's get freaky now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Let's get fucking freaky now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But let's call a spade a spade. This is nothing but shameless pandering to the lowest common denominator.
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 am

Deutschtard wrote:

Weird, usually Tool is the band you have to suffer through. Like in Guitar Hero. Seriously they suck so hard.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Mr. Comic Book wrote:
At least, that's how Noah Antwiler/Spoony One describes them. On his website, he defies his visitors to make it all the way thru these songs:

I just watched part of the first one and I don't know what to say, other than it must be a colossal joke.
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Deutschtard wrote:

lyrics

It's like watching an extremely shitting version of Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:20 pm

DarthDarthington wrote:

I could only listen to that for a few seconds.

I really want to know, why were they touring with Tool?! Aside from them sucking to the extreme and Tool being awesome to the extreme, I can't think of any parallels, similarities, or anything that would indicate why these guys would be touring with them. It would be like Hannah Montana touring with Frank Zappa - why?!

It was a festival, Tool and Linkin park were the big ones at the end of the night, and there were a plethora of bands like this in the afternoon. Needless to say I didn't watch, oh, any of them. But that didn't save me from hearing them DX

Kevin M wrote:

Only spanish kids and rap DX ugh, it was so gross.
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Deutschtard wrote:

Kevin M wrote:

Only spanish kids and rap DX ugh, it was so gross.

They where trying to hard to be hip, and cool.

And for the music videos...the first song got stuck in my head. :wooper:
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 pm

I know right? That's why they get so popular, they're über earworms DX
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:53 am

Malganis wrote:
Mr. Comic Book wrote:

I just watched part of the first one and I don't know what to say, other than it must be a colossal joke.

I'd love to see these guys get the Al TV treatment.
Back to top Go down
kuroineko

kuroineko

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:05 am

Gah! If I wanted to hear screaming in my music, I'd listen to Linkin park. At least Bennington can also sing, unlike Screamy-faced kid here whose name I can't be bothered to look up.
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:27 pm

Deutschtard wrote:

They can't be that popular if I haven't heard of them until now.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:03 am

Kevin M wrote:
Deutschtard wrote:

You're not alone. The Spoony Experiment was when I first heard of these dicks. Otherwise I never would have known they existed.
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:56 am

Kevin M wrote:
Deutschtard wrote:

I like to think that we haven't heard of them because we have taste.
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:38 pm

Deutschtard wrote:
Kevin M wrote:
Deutschtard wrote:

I think it has more to do with that Brokencyde can't get anyone to listen to that music, or buy they're records.
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Kevin M wrote:
Deutschtard wrote:
Kevin M wrote:
Deutschtard wrote:

I think it has more to do with that Brokencyde can't get anyone to listen to that music, or buy they're records.

Except, unfortunately, I could probably find about fifty people who listen to them by going to the school my mother teaches at and looking for half an hour. It all depends on who they're marketing it towards, and what I see is kids who want to listen to shit that makes them feel 'edgy', 'hardcore' and 'rebellious'....or something like that. I'm sure plenty of people who lack taste in music absolutely LOOOOVE them. There were TONS of people into Hollywood Undead at that festival, I still don't understand why.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Deutschtard wrote:

Except, unfortunately, I could probably find about fifty people who listen to them by going to the school my mother teaches at and looking for half an hour. It all depends on who they're marketing it towards, and what I see is kids who want to listen to shit that makes them feel 'edgy', 'hardcore' and 'rebellious'....or something like that. I'm sure plenty of people who lack taste in music absolutely LOOOOVE them. There were TONS of people into Hollywood Undead at that festival, I still don't understand why.

Judging from the comments on Youtube, Brokencyde's target audience is horny teenage girls. You know, the tried and true boy band demographic that gets vicious if you dare to say anything critical about their lust objects. That more than explains their popularity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test   Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test Empty

Back to top Go down

Brokencyde: The Musical Endurance Test
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next