Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Disney buys Marvel

Go down 
+23
vade
Lapin
Blooferlady
Somath Cegem
Trioculus
007bistromath
KJM
Penguin
Sheba
King Bee
Tungsten Monk
myeerah
Sorsa A. Jänis
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Roo
Knorg
Narwhal
Lady Anne
gaijinguy
Psy-4
Raine
Mafiosa
Manny
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:47 am

But you see, it's already Disney with Marvel, soooooo... Razz
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:55 am

*sigh*

Don't see why I even bothered having this conversation in gTalk instead of here in the first place...

Quote :
[007bistromath]: They are still separate stables of characters. Disney can't remove the branding or they will have problems in the market.
[Penguin]: So if you wanna split hairs, then, it's Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Disney vs. Squaresoft
[007bistromath]: Kingdom Hearts is the fusion of Squaresoft and Disney, and therefore the most communicative name to insert here.
[Penguin]: Yeah, but it's a game title, not company. Otherwise, Marvel vs. Capcom would be Street Fighter vs. Spiderman vs. Wolverine vs....
[007bistromath]: Also having that name leverages a franchise which will turn the game into a million seller on release. Marketing beats pedantry, sry.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:56 am

GO CRASH YOUR HELICOPTER.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:56 am

I think I'd rather fly my roflcopter. Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 896582
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Roo wrote:
Knorg wrote:
Will there be more kids comics? Will there be more Disney licences published through Marvel?
Dunno about you, but that's what I'm hoping. Apart from those Pixar-related miniseries, Disney comics haven't really been on the American market since Gemstone went bankrupt, and there are tons of really good comics there that are either out of print or never got printed in the first place... If Disney or Marvel have any sense, they'll at the very least publish a Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck trade!

Boom Studios, the publishers of those Pixar miniseries, are scheduled to relaunch Mickey Mouse and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories this month, and add Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge next month. The numbers will pick up where Gemstone left off.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I gathered from a post on their forum that a Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck collection is in the works.

This all assumes that the Marvel deal doesn't affect Disney and Boom's existing contract, and I don't see how it could. I figure if anything's going to change, it will take until at least the time Boom's licensing contract comes up for renewal.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Sheba wrote:
myeerah wrote:
I'm imagining Kingdom Hearts with the X-Men.

Deadpool. Summon.

And I'm supposed to listen to this kid because why?
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:06 pm

I really think this is a good thing. Yes, Disney is an evil overlord corporation that will one day rule the planet, but I love them anyway and I can't see how this will negatively affect Marvel as a whole. Maybe it will hurt the image for a bit, but that's all.

Sheba wrote:
myeerah wrote:
I'm imagining Kingdom Hearts with the X-Men.

Deadpool. Summon.
This makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:17 pm

KJM wrote:
Does anyone besides me imagine Mickey Mouse with Wolverine's claws?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Oh.

My.

God.

Shit, I almost cried. It's sort of the same effect we got when we had to imagine some 6' 3" guy called Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, only fearfully cute.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:07 pm

Blah, blah, blah Disney is a superpower that could make some countries look like actual mice, blah, blah, blah, they exert this megalomaniacal force yet again, blah, blah, blah hey, money for some of my favorite heroes, along with some of the best animators and screenwriters in the world.

I see nothing to complain about.
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:25 pm

I'm just curious what will happen to Marvel Island of Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure. I read in an article that since Marvel licensed a lot of its product so I'm sure that's where that particular theme park came from, but I'm just wondering what Universal Studios will change the park into. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Alana

Alana

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 9:30 am

I love Disney. I love Marvel. I see very few ways this could go wrong, and a lot of ways it can go right (more superhero cartoons, yes.)
Back to top Go down
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:56 pm

So, all the people who been screaming doom and gloom over this can shut the fuck up:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:32 pm

King Bee, we're nerds. This is what we do. We get outraged over shit like this and geekily talk about it. Way to ruin the thread.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:20 am

Alana wrote:
I love Disney. I love Marvel. I see very few ways this could go wrong, and a lot of ways it can go right (more superhero cartoons, yes.)

How it can go wrong: Some retard in marketing thinks that, like most of Disney's recent success (Incredibles, Madagascar, every other CG movie with animals doing things animals don't normally do, Shrek, etc), all of Marvel should be "Family Friendly." Which basically means dumbing it down and camping it up to the point only a slobbering retard of a five year old would think it's at all decent. Other retards in the company agree, and the idea become policy.

Granted, Disney, for the most part, isn't retarded. So it won't likely happen.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Alana wrote:

How it can go wrong: Some retard in marketing thinks that, like most of Disney's recent success (Incredibles, Madagascar, every other CG movie with animals doing things animals don't normally do, Shrek, etc), all of Marvel should be "Family Friendly." Which basically means dumbing it down and camping it up to the point only a slobbering retard of a five year old would think it's at all decent. Other retards in the company agree, and the idea become policy.

You stupid ass.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Alana wrote:

You stupid ass.

An Ogre is not an animal. It's a New Yorker. Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:52 pm

I'm just waiting for Uncle Scrooge and Tony Stark to meet up and get into a pissing contest about their respective fortunes.

I reiterate what others have said...I love both franchises so I'm more than willing to trust all this. (Besides, hasn't Disney--in the guise of Pixar--already showed they know what good superhero stories are about?)
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Mikey, Madagascar and Shrek were made by DreamWorks animation, Disney/Pixar's chief rival in computer animation.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:50 pm