Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Go down 
+2
Exodia's Right Leg
Hawaiian Shirt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:22 am

So I've played this game nearly daily since it came out, and I have fought my wife and one friend of mine for the entire time. I crave more. I crave the adrenaline of battle. I will not rest until I perfect the Satsoru no Hadou. LP, LP, <-, LK HP.

Anyone else play this and looking for some online fighttime? It's always nicer when you can chat with who you were fighting about strategy and mistakes. Variety of opponents is also helpful.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:22 pm

I played this game a few times in a bookstore, and I still crave more. It's the first Versus game where I have fun playing the Marvel side as much as the Capcom one. Thor, She-Hulk, Deadpool, Taskmaster...
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Okay I know there's no one posting in this thread but racoons:

and zombies:

and lawyers (old):

Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:02 pm

You know... I spent money on this thing when it was new... And now it wants me to buy it again, for a handful of new characters who could easily have been DLC?

Part of me really wants to team up Phoenix Wright with Shuma Gorath and Akima, but part of me remembers how shallow the origional was, especially when compared to Mortal Kombat, where I can play as Freddy Fucking Kruger!
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Well TECHNICALLY the DLC characters were priced at $5 a pop, and the game is retailing at $40 so it's saving money for people like me who would have just bought them all anyway, plus there's a ton of balance and engine changes that I'm excited for. I don't know what the pricing is in the UK, but I'd imagine it's similar. That having been said, Capcom sure does love to rerelease its fighting games in new editions so the annoyance is understandable.

I found a lot of depth in it, personally. I mean, with most fighting games what you give is what you get, and from the get-go for some reason I was really excited to get into the high-level play and compete in tournaments and shit.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Haha, I like Frank West vs. Dormamu. I can imagine Dormamu being all, like, 'wft, I am a god and you are hitting me with a camera? Are you shitting me?'
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:02 am

Aren't Dark Phoenix and Wolverine ridiculously overpowered in this game?

And no Makoto? You put in Crimson Viper, who probably has the worst character design in Street Fighter history, but not Makoto? Now I'm butthurt because my favorite Street Fighter character isn't in here.

There's no T. Hawk either, which upsets me. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUN PWNING NOOBS WHO NEVER BLOCK IF I CAN'T DO IT BY SPAMMING CONDOR DIVE!?!?!?!

Also: No Rufus. Even though I suck with him and he has a character design almost as ugly as Crimson Viper, I'll miss Rufus.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:55 pm

I guess play Street Fighter then? I don't know what to tell you dude the character roster is pretty solid.

Also, Wolverine and Phoenix are pretty overpowered but they're also pretty damn boring so they're honestly not used as often as you might think. Also, Phoenix needs 5 meters to turn into Dark Phoenix so if you snap her in and take her out before she can get that then you're good. It's all a matter of figuring out how to fight everyone.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
I guess play Street Fighter then? I don't know what to tell you dude the character roster is pretty solid.

Fine. I'll go play Third Strike by myself with all the cool kids. Razz

I'm loving being Deadpool, though. He beats you over the head with your own health bar, how awesome is that?

Quote :
Also, Wolverine and Phoenix are pretty overpowered but they're also pretty damn boring so they're honestly not used as often as you might think.

Oh. So if my friends and I start playing this game that annoying guy who always plays Metaknight in every single game of Brawl and Chung in every single game of Third Strike might not abuse the crap out of those two and make every match against him boring because you always know who you're going to face each time?

But then, he plays those characters not because he likes them, but primarily because they're overpowered. So I guess if we start playing this, I should get used to seeing those two over and over and over and over.

I hate Wolverine.

But that's a comic book discussion.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Haha get new friends.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:52 pm

I have a friend like that and all it did was force me to be better at the game. Now he absolutely hates my team because I get all up in his grill with Zero/Tron and whoever they don't murder Deadpool obliterates with one-hit KO combos.

Turns out I was lying about Phoenix though, that shit comes up a lot in the high-level fuckery
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:13 am

Fight Pheonix with other Pheonix.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:30 pm

I'd be remiss if I didn't bring this up

I really like Third Strike, but I just can't grasp it the same way as Marvel 3
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
Okay I know there's no one posting in this thread but racoons:

Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:20 am

Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
I'd be remiss if I didn't bring this up

Phoenix vs. Phoenix 3: Phoenix of Two Phoenixes Marvel vs Capcom 3 588739
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Exodia's Right Leg wrote:

Phoenix vs. Phoenix 3: Phoenix of Two Phoenixes Marvel vs Capcom 3 588739

You just don't understand high level play, nublet
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Ok, my friend just got this. I have to say, it's a lot of fun. My team of choice is Felicia on point, Rocket Raccoon second, and Hawkeye on anchor. Felicia and Rocket Raccoon are just fucking adorable.

Though I also like to rock X-23, Ghost Rider, and Deadpool every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 am

Japan is just adorable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3   Marvel vs Capcom 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs Capcom 3
Page 1 of 1