Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Disney buys Marvel

Go down 
+23
vade
Lapin
Blooferlady
Somath Cegem
Trioculus
007bistromath
KJM
Penguin
Sheba
King Bee
Tungsten Monk
myeerah
Sorsa A. Jänis
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Roo
Knorg
Narwhal
Lady Anne
gaijinguy
Psy-4
Raine
Mafiosa
Manny
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:33 pm

Disney buys Marvel comics.

:unskilled78: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quote :
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Walt Disney Co. announced Monday that it has agreed to purchase comic book and action hero company Marvel Entertainment for about $4 billion.
The deal pairs a comic book publisher that just recently began to produce its own movies with one of the largest international media companies in the world.
"This is perfect from a strategic perspective," Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger told CNNMoney.com. "This treasure trove of over 5,000 characters offers Disney the ability to do what we do best."
NO IT ISN'T PERFECT WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT HOW IS WOLVERINE GOING TO BE RECONCILED WITH MICKEY MOUSE ASDOUSFGSFDS :rant:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 pm

No, no, no this could be good. I believe we're still getting our Paramount movies featuring Marvel characters and it could be that Disney is movie away from standard kiddy fareinto more adult properties. Maybe their move in this direction will result in some Pixar made hero flicks.

Of course this optimism might not last. Disney has everything under their control turning more and more "kid friendly" so they don't lose the squeaky clean image associated with their brand. Or maybe they'll just keep their hands off. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:50 pm

...I'm imagining a Batman: The Brave and the Bold rip-off cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:51 pm

Raine wrote:
...I'm imagining a Batman: The Brave and the Bold rip-off cartoon.

No, probably more episodes of Spectacular Spider-man!

Yay!
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:03 pm

I'm imagining a super-hero 3d cartoon movie made by Pixar, that will be devoid of explicit violence and blood and then hit me over head with mature messages like a sack of bricks.

Competent voice actors, and lack of acting failures.

And it will be glorious.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:29 pm

Maybe the Rat Cult will finally knock some people off their [soap boxes/high horses (delete as appropriate.)] Joe Queseda, I'm looking RIGHT THE FUCK AT YOU.

I'm imagining Pixar's Spider-Man. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 pm

And more of the entertainment world conglomerates. Where's the trust-busters when you need them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:16 pm

Oh my God, I can almost hear the anguished howls of nerds the world over, utterly distraught that their beloved Marvel comics are going to be bent over the desk by the Disney corporation.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:17 am

Lady Anne wrote:
And more of the entertainment world conglomerates. Where's the trust-busters when you need them?

This is the only reason I'm against it. So few owners of so much these days, using different brands and divisions to hide it, and increasingly stomping down and pushing out creative content they don't own.

All you have to do is look at Miramax since 1993 when Disney bought 'em to see its entirely possible that Disney won't turn, say, Punisher MAX g-rated any more than they did Pulp Fiction. Even after Disney execs got more directly hands on with Miramax 3 or 4 years ago it aint really changed.

Will there be more kids comics? Will there be more Disney licences published through Marvel? Probably, but Disney will still keep the money makers and look to put violent authors into projects where violence makes money.

Still, fun listening to fanboys howl for the wrong reasons.
Back to top Go down
Roo

Roo

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:48 am

Knorg wrote:
Will there be more kids comics? Will there be more Disney licences published through Marvel?
Dunno about you, but that's what I'm hoping. Apart from those Pixar-related miniseries, Disney comics haven't really been on the American market since Gemstone went bankrupt, and there are tons of really good comics there that are either out of print or never got printed in the first place... If Disney or Marvel have any sense, they'll at the very least publish a Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck trade!
Back to top Go down
http://hyaroo.livejournal.com
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:15 am

If Disney comics get kids into other comics later I'm all for it. Marvel have done some pretty good compilations of old comics so if there's money to be made they'll surely go for "The Essential Scrooge McDuck" or whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:47 am

This is scary. I mean, it could be good - Disney has always had great potential. And I suspect we're going to see a lot more Superhero movies coming out.

But the idea of Marvel getting all fluffied up is really terrible. Marvel competes like hell with DC and Titan for the Badass trophies. If Disney starts fluffing things up, they're gonna lose readers faster than you can say, "My face! My precious face!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 am

Now this could be either awesome or horrible. I guess time shows whatever is going to happen.
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:58 am

I'm imagining Kingdom Hearts with the X-Men.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:33 am

Speaking logically, I doubt this is going to have much influence on Marvel Comics as a whole. But my funny bone wants to see what changes happen at the Disneyland Parade of Characters over the next few years.

"Hi, kids! It's-"
*splat*
"Aaaah! Mommy, they killed Cinderella!"
"ALL PRINCES AND PRINCESSES SHALL FALL BEFORE THE MIGHT OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF EVIL MUTANTS!"
" . . . next year, we're going to Epcot."
Back to top Go down
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:47 am

Yeah, for all the guys out there moaning and groaning about this, I just going to copy a post someone made at another site I go to about this:

Quote :
okay i do not honestly know how to put this any better but

So I'm sure most, if not all of you have heard the news that Disney Enterprises has acquired Marvel Entertainment (pending some legal and shareholder mumbo jumbo). And I've noticed more than a little chatter about how Mickey Mouse is gonna team up with Spider-man and how the world is coming to an end.

Well, it isn't.

CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

When AOL Time Warner acquired DC Comics, did they stick Marvin the Martian in every Batman cartoon? Did Lex Luthor run off a cliff chasing Superman and didn't fall until he noticed there was no ground underneath him anymore?

NO.

So what did happen? We got Batman: The Animated Series. We got Cartoon Network bankrolling Justice League Unlimited. We got BATMAN FUCKING BEGINS. We got Warner entertainment execs going into to DC's offices and teaching them to get their act together and MAKE MONEY.

In my opinion, this can do nothing but HELP Marvel. Did we forget about the catastrophic bankruptcy Marvel Comics went through in the late 1990's (I'm sure many of you DON'T, you're too darn young). Things got so bad, that fucking ToyBiz bought them out so they wouldn't have to sell off all of their properties. TOYBIZ. The toy company that Marvel CREATED. And Marvel has yet to fully recover from that bankruptcy.

Warner didn't go around changing shit in DC, and neither will Disney. If you haven't noticed, Disney has had a large stake in Marvel for the last few years already. You guys just haven't taken the time to notice. How do you think The Spectacular Spider-man got off the ground? That's right. Disney dollars. So SHUT UP.

Will we see Mickey figures dressed as Spidey? Yeah, probably. But that'll be the extent of it. Marvel needs to get its head out of its ass and start making shit that people LIKE again. And Disney, with the right raw materials, knows how to get that done. Marvel needs all the help that it can get. Compare the crappy Lionsgate Marvel releases like Doctor Strange and Hulk Vs. to Warner Premiere's Wonder Woman and Green Lantern: First Flight. There's NO comparison.

Sure movies like X2 and Spider-man two are incredible. But for every one of these we get, we get a dozen pieces of crap such as Punisher: War Zone and Ghost Rider. Crap like that happens because of poor, unexperienced producers and shoestring budgets. Two things that Disney will not stand for.

And think of what a Disney-backed animation budget with professional animators and storyboard artists could do with properties like Captain America and The Fantastic Four. If they play their cards right (which you know Disney will, they're not about to risk losing money and a rabid fanbase) this could be nothing short of AWESOME.

Oh, and those of you that Disney is just about the Magic Kingdom and Donald Duck? May I remind you that they also are in charge of Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Dreamworks, ImageMovers Digital, Miramax and PIXAR!!!

So I say wait and see, and give Disney the benefit of a doubt. And stop complaining. Right now the worst part of this acquisition are all the fans bitching and moaning.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:02 am

myeerah wrote:

Deadpool. Summon.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 am

myeerah wrote:

Two bad franchises fused together. Yippee.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:28 am

How about "Disney Zombies" with Snow White going straight for the wicked queen's brains?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:31 am

Hey, at least we wouldn't have all these damn ITG 14-year-olds with Punisher sigs after his Disney makeover.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 am

Does anyone besides me imagine Mickey Mouse with Wolverine's claws?
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 am

KJM wrote:
Does anyone besides me imagine Mickey Mouse with Wolverine's claws?

Chances are, at least half of the Kingdom Hearts devs at Squanix are already wanking themselves raw to the mental image of Mickey's adamantium keyclaws.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:42 am

You guys are thinking small.

Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Kingdom Hearts will blow out every record there is to break.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:43 am

007bistromath wrote:
You guys are thinking small.

Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Kingdom Hearts Squaresoft will blow out every record there is to break.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:45 am

No, it would work much better if you kept the Disney shit in.

Yes, I realize that this is a miscarriage of justice. That's reality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney buys Marvel
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next