Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!

Go down 
+11
Chocho
Alhazred
Sorsa A. Jänis
Knight
Penguin
Maximilia
Verandering
Mikey Go WOOGA
Braigwen
Dick Powers
LeeLee
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:06 am

Quadratus wrote:
over 2,000 word
Jesus wept, can you possibly be more blinkered? I have six posts in this thread, each one quite short, one completely off-topic, and I have said repeatedly that I enjoyed the game. All I'm saying is that I enjoyed it despite flaws. The irrational tendency to conflate one poster with a "side" that somebody is against is one of the most recognizable symptoms of fangirl pantshittery. You have got to chill the fuck out and play some Metroid, for reals.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:11 am

007bistromath wrote:
Jesus wept, can you possibly be more blinkered? I have six posts in this thread, each one quite short, one completely off-topic, and I have said repeatedly that I enjoyed the game. All I'm saying is that I enjoyed it despite flaws. The irrational tendency to conflate one poster with a "side" that somebody is against is one of the most recognizable symptoms of fangirl pantshittery. You have got to chill the fuck out and play some Metroid, for reals.
You should chill out. I'm wearing a smile on my face and listening Paper Planes while drinking lemonade. I chouldn't be more chill. I'm not the one being so serious here, you are.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:17 am

Well you being chill would certainly explain why you don't seem to be paying attention to half of what anybody is saying. Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:17 am

007bistromath wrote:
Well you being chill would certainly explain why you don't seem to be paying attention to half of what anybody is saying. Excitedplz

Yeah, keep replying that will show me. Cool
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:19 am

I'm gonna go ahead and declare victory and pull out.

Victory!

UNGH!

Yeah
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:28 am

Quadratus wrote:

Yeah, keep replying that will show me. Cool
I just like any excuse to use Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:41 am

Verandering wrote:

K. You missed my point. I never said Blizzard was a bad company ripping the shit off Warhammer aside. I asked how a company's attempt to wring the damp towel for every last little water drop was an antidote.

And that it would be an antidote if your holy corporate gaming God there actually came up with something new for a fucking change, instead of piling more little blocks on top of their sparkley castle.

I think I was refuting the "mediocre, if not lame" part. As far as MMO's go, it's not mediocre. As far as games go... YMMV.

EDIT: Right words are good to use in the right places. Yup.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:06 am

Quadratus wrote:
I wish all fantasy titles came up with something new instead rehashing D&D themes and concepts. Make up your own goddamn races for a change, not every fantasy setting needs elves, dwarves, dragons, and shit.

Yeah, that's a good point, that I agree with as well.

Knight wrote:
To WoW players it is an antidote...

You speak for all WoW players? Jesus fuck we have a messiah on our hands. Someone start sending the letters, we need to get a few things straightened out between the WoW players and normal population.

Knight wrote:
Why are you so down on a company trying to make some damn money off a good franchise?

I'm rather down on any large corporations in general. And the quality of the franchise is questionable at best.

Somath Cegem wrote:
That was Games Workshops own fault, they hired blizzard to make a Warhammer Fantasy RTS and at the last second pulled the rights out from under their feet. Thus leaving Blizzard with this all but finished game and no licence for it, so they just swapped some things round, made up a plot and BAM, Warcraft.

Aha, I see!
That sucks for them. The business logic I see, but personally the whole deal still makes me roll my eyes into the back of my head.

40k is better anyway hoshit they ripped that off too with Starcraft!

Same deal with Starcraft and 40k?

Maximilia wrote:
I think I was refuting the "mediocre, if not lame" part. As far as MMO's go, it's not mediocre.

I still consider it mediocre in terms of MMO's. It's just that every other wanna-be MMO and their mother are sucking off WoW's furry cock because no one can believe or has the balls to test the idea that innovation could possibly be a hit too.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:14 am

Verandering wrote:
I still consider it mediocre in terms of MMO's. It's just that every other wanna-be MMO and their mother are sucking off WoW's furry cock because no one can believe or has the balls to test the idea that innovation could possibly be a hit too.
I'd just like to mention Guild Wars at this point, which I'd totally play again if I had somebody to play with, and if I weren't confused about how the steam version of the game works for somebody who already has an account. The portion of GW that could properly be termed an MMO is entirely optional, is much more streamlined and less painful than other entries in the genre, gives tangible rewards for use in the real game which is focused on competitive team combat with an interesting level of tactical depth, does not shroud that combat-focused gameplay behind a giant barrier of treadmilling to the endgame, and has an economy which can be wholly ignored if you're not interested in the single-player specific shinies.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:46 am

007bistromath wrote:
I'd just like to mention Guild Wars at this point, which I'd totally play again if I had somebody to play with, and if I weren't confused about how the steam version of the game works for somebody who already has an account. The portion of GW that could properly be termed an MMO is entirely optional, is much more streamlined and less painful than other entries in the genre, gives tangible rewards for use in the real game which is focused on competitive team combat with an interesting level of tactical depth, does not shroud that combat-focused gameplay behind a giant barrier of treadmilling to the endgame, and has an economy which can be wholly ignored if you're not interested in the single-player specific shinies.

I played Guild Wars a few times, but I never had a chance to get to know it very well. I didn't have it myself, a friend just let me play for a while.

So I'll take your word for it.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Verandering wrote:

Knight wrote:
To WoW players it is an antidote...

You speak for all WoW players? Jesus fuck we have a messiah on our hands. Someone start sending the letters, we need to get a few things straightened out between the WoW players and normal population.

On this subject I can speak fairly confidently for a majority of the player-base, based on what I have seen WoW players talking about over at the forums. Sifting through the troll threads that are just trying to stir up shit, I'd say that most of the players that aren't fair weather players (Y'know the "give me exactly what I want or I'm gonna quit and play Aion" types) there is a buzz of general excitement. How dare I try to speak for a community that I take part in and actively watch.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:26 am

Knight wrote:
How dare I try to speak for a community that I take part in and actively watch.

Now you're getting it, you self important pogostick.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:09 am

Dammit, the last three pages were some of the dumbest shit I have ever read. Are all WoW fanbrats that defensive?

Penguin wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and declare victory and pull out.
Hold on. Might I interest you in some Air Rivals?

A free MMORPG where you fly around on a plane.

Grind, quests are grind for money and stuff (which you will need).

But!

You get to shit out hundreds of missles and thousands of bullets at your enemies. Completely different styles of planes. (interceptor, bomber, a flying anti-aicraft tank [no seriously], and a healer)

And then you will write a book titled 'How I stopped getting hit and learned to love the barrel roll'.

If you die, you can either respawn in town (there is only one), or back on the map (at a warp in point), but you have to pay some cash(and that's only if you're dumb enough to get killed by mobs, there is no punishment for getting killed by the other faction)

Very PvP oriented and the two sides A.N.I. (4eva) vs. B.C.U. (booo) are pitted against each other every hour in wars. And every war-type is pretty unique.

It's too bad you're useless in wars until level 63, but it's still very entertaining to watch. There is a lot of strategy involved.
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:38 am

Psy-4 wrote:
Dammit, the last three pages were some of the dumbest shit I have ever read. Are all WoW fanbrats that defensive?

From the little I have seen on the WoW boards (the German boards, anyway), yes, yes they are. It doesn't matter what is posted, be it positive or negative, someone's always going to come and scream at the other poster for having a different opinion. By page 4, it's usually random people insulting each other (or posting long, grammatically incorrect rants trying to "rebuke" other, probably even less comprehensible, rants). But then again, I never really bothered reading all that much on the boards, since the level of illiteracy was staggering.
Back to top Go down
fishstickhater
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fishstickhater

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 am

I've been playing WoW on and off for the past four years. I enjoy the game for what it is. I'm looking forward to the new expansion.
That being said, I will never make the mistake of going on the WoW boards again.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:08 pm

Quadratus wrote:
You should chill out. I'm wearing a smile on my face and listening Paper Planes while drinking lemonade. I chouldn't be more chill. I'm not the one being so serious here, you are.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!   Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next World of Warcraft Expansion: Cataclysm!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4