Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"

Go down 
+8
spork
EileenK98
Jay/Cris
ZOOLANDER
Mikey Go WOOGA
bleachedblackcat
Lady Anne
Chris91
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" Empty
PostSubject: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Just when you think you've heard it all, along comes Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson of Alabama bringing the crazy on the topic of women's rights. According to him, granting American women the right to vote is the direct and sole cause of all manner of problems from skinned knees to North Korean nuclear weapons. Here's the Reader's Digest condensed version of his lunacy courtesy of the New York Daily News:

New York Daily News wrote:
A controversial Alabama reverend and occassional Fox News guest said allowing women to vote was "one of the greatest mistakes America made" during a jaw-dropping sermon explaining how women's rise in power caused the downfall of America.

Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, a fundamentalist Christian, delivered the sermon in March on the Sunday service webcast “Exploring Your Destiny.” Peterson heads the conservative group Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny (BOND) and is an occassional guest on Sean Hannity's Fox News program. Hannity sits on the advisory board for BOND.

The full 12-minute tirade was uploaded to YouTube in March and unearthed by Raw Story on Tuesday, shortly after Peterson's most recent appearance on Fox News.

"We should have never turned [the vote] over to women," Peterson said during the sermon. "And these women are voting for the wrong people. They're voting for people who are evil, who agree with them, who are gonna take us down the pathway of destruction."

Feel free to discuss this among yourselves while I pick my jaw up off the floor(it dropped from the sheer idiocy of Rev. Peterson's comments).
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Just when you think you've heard it all, along comes Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson of Alabama bringing the crazy on the topic of women's rights. According to him, granting American women the right to vote is the direct and sole cause of all manner of problems from skinned knees to North Korean nuclear weapons. Here's the Reader's Digest condensed version of his lunacy courtesy of the New York Daily News:

New York Daily News wrote:
A controversial Alabama reverend and occassional Fox News guest said allowing women to vote was "one of the greatest mistakes America made" during a jaw-dropping sermon explaining how women's rise in power caused the downfall of America.

Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, a fundamentalist Christian, delivered the sermon in March on the Sunday service webcast “Exploring Your Destiny.” Peterson heads the conservative group Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny (BOND) and is an occassional guest on Sean Hannity's Fox News program. Hannity sits on the advisory board for BOND.

The full 12-minute tirade was uploaded to YouTube in March and unearthed by Raw Story on Tuesday, shortly after Peterson's most recent appearance on Fox News.

"We should have never turned [the vote] over to women," Peterson said during the sermon. "And these women are voting for the wrong people. They're voting for people who are evil, who agree with them, who are gonna take us down the pathway of destruction."

Feel free to discuss this among yourselves while I pick my jaw up off the floor(it dropped from the sheer idiocy of Rev. Peterson's comments).
This guy must get along famously with Ann Coulter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:05 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if that turned out to be the case. For that matter, I think Fred Phelps might put aside his loathing of other races long enough to endorse Rev. Peterson's Neanderthal views on women.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Well DUH letting the womenfolks vote was a bad idea. Because it let those crazy unmarried women vote, and married women need to agree with whatever their husband thinks so her vote wouldn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:13 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Well DUH letting the womenfolks vote was a bad idea. Because it let those crazy unmarried women vote, and married women need to agree with whatever their husband thinks so her vote wouldn't matter.

That's the kind of horrible logic I'd expect form a girl who was apparently dropped on her head as the kid.

It was a horrible idea, as women got the right to have an opinion in 1920, and after that we've had the Great Depression, WWII, the Korean Conflict, the entire Cold War, Lyndon Johnson, Jimmie Carter, a decade of sanity brought about by men, whatever the hell Bill Clinton was, and Barack Obama.

I also feel like we used to have two Japanese cities before women got the right to vote.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I also feel like we used to have two Japanese cities before women got the right to vote.
???
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
???

Women got the right to vote in 1920.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nuked in 1945.

Clearly, this happened because women were allowed to vote.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 11:28 pm

What's wrong, Mikey? Your trolling isn't up to its usual standard. I know this because I can actually recognize that you're trolling. (Usually you come across as completely serious, regardless of what you say.)

Come on, man, if some bitch is getting you down, we can talk it through. Don't go soft on me, I need you to keep Cyberwulf on her leash.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:50 am

xerrofoot wrote:
Don't go soft on me, I need you to keep Cyberwulf on her leash.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 am

*is having trouble distinguishing sarcastic posts from serious ones in this thread*
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spork

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:56 am

Just to avoid confusion: this post is completely sarcastic. I don't mean a word of it.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:42 am

More gems from the American south
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:35 am

xerrohoof wrote:
LOVE ME MIKEY

PLEASE

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Damn you Mikey, I just spat coffee out of my nose.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
???

Women got the right to vote in 1920.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nuked in 1945.

Clearly, this happened because women were allowed to vote.
Sarcasm becomes you, Mikey.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:45 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
I'm so fat and ugly and unpopular that I have to be a massive cunt to people just to get attention
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:23 am

Moving hastily on from whatever ignorant crack xerrobrains just made, here's a link to Rev. Peterson's Wikipedia profile:

Rev. Peterson's biography

Besides having a (to put it politely)skewed perspective on women, the not-so-good reverend also has a strange view about the role of slavery in American history:

Wikipedia wrote:
Peterson has also thanked "God and white people" for slavery adding that if it wasn't for the slave trade, blacks might have never made it to the promise land and described slave ships as akin to "being on a crowded airplane".

If I were Sean Hannity and saw this guy coming into the Fox News studios, I'd run as fast as humanly possible in the opposite direction. From what I can tell, Rev. Peterson's been dipping a little too frequently into the communion wine, if you get my drift. Nobody with an IQ above room temperature could possibly regard slavery as anything other than a human tragedy; I'd suggest Peterson take a refresher course in human history, but it would probably just go over his head anyway.

EDIT: On Cyberwulf's advice I've decided to retire my original nickname for Xerrofoot.

Last edited by Chris91 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:28 am

Oh well he has a point, a lot of blacks got here by being slaves.

Oh wait, they didn't WANT to come here? Pfft, whatever. Everyone wants to come to America! It's the gift that God has given to the world!
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 am

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Oh well he has a point...

Yeah, at the top of his head. Razz

All kidding aside, it takes a special breed of insanity to take one of the ugliest chapters of America's history and try to spin it as a blessing. If you didn't know Reverend Peterson was black before reading that ridiculous assertion, you'd swear it was coming from some Bull Connor-esque redneck. Ann Coulter on her worst day would be embarrassed to suggest slavery was a good thing for blacks, yet Peterson pitches that notion without the slightest hint of shame or hesitation. If a man can be that mind-blowingly ignorant about his own people's history, it doesn't say much for his comprehension of any other issues.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 am

This article and the video are a year old at this point. The video is actually over a year old. Sure, it sucks that this guy is out there spewing crap, but he has a right to free speech, just like anyone else. Why are we just now looking at him?
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Chris91 wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:

All kidding aside, it takes a special breed of insanity to take one of the ugliest chapters of America's history and try to spin it as a blessing.

That's about as bad as those morons who try to claim that the holocaust never happened.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Snotty McAsshole
Oh, Chris. You were doing so well with "xerrobrains".
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Aggie wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:

All kidding aside, it takes a special breed of insanity to take one of the ugliest chapters of America's history and try to spin it as a blessing.

That's about as bad as those morons who try to claim that the holocaust never happened.

Ain't it the truth.

Cyberwulf wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Snotty McAsshole

My train of thought was low on fuel when I posted the "Snotty" comment. I'll switch back to 'xerrobrains' from here on out.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
Snotty McAsshole

And he was doing such a good job of ignoring me, too. I wonder what happened?

Last edited by xerrofoot on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i kan spel gud)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"   Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake" Empty

Back to top Go down

Alabama reverend calls women's suffrage "a mistake"
Page 1 of 1