Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Godawful DLC

Go down 
+2
Reepicheep-chan
Mikey Go WOOGA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:45 pm

The dawn of Downloadable Content has had both positive and negative effects. It's good in that developers are able to release patches to fix bugs or glitches they missed in the beta testing. It's bad in that they release glitch ridden games, expect us to do the beta testing for free, and fix issues with patches, prioritized based on how much whining comes from the player base.

Some DLC is REALLY good. The Paradise Island in Burnout Paradise was excellent.

Then there's the bad DLC. DLC can be bad for a number of reasons. The most frequent reason being that the developers are charging us for shit that should have been included in the game for the beginning. I'm sick of "Map Packs" coming out a week after the release of the goddamn game. I'm not paying $10 to play maps that you had created before you even released the game, fuck you. Even the free stuff like this is annoying, as my hard drive only has so much space on it.

Then there are those downloadable multiplayer access codes. It should be a federal crime to have some one use only code to be able to play multiplayer included in your game.

It should also be a capital offense to not include local multiplayer in games with online multiplayer, but that's neither here nor there.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:43 am

The thing that has bugged me in the past is when you buy a special edition game after the fact and it comes with all the DLC, except that it does not come with all the DLC it just lets you download it for free. So you still have to download and install it, which I can live with, but the thing that drives me nuts is that some companies (Bioware, I am looking at you) require you to get an account in order to do that. Like, what? Srsly?

And I only have a bare couple of games, so my harddrive space is not exactly in scarce supply. If my PS3 were, like, my primary gaming system or whatever that would just be one more thing to piss me off.

Quote :
It should also be a capital offense to not include local multiplayer in games with online multiplayer, but that's neither here nor there.
That sounds dumb as balls. What sort of games are we talking about here?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:01 am

Burnout: Paradise didn't originally have local multiplayer. Once they added it, you had to pay to download the "Party Pack" DLC to have local multiplayer.

I don't think Forza: Horizon has local multiplayer either.

Does Borderlands have local Co-Op? scratch
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am

So, like, racing games? That is super stupid, why would anyone ever want a racing game w/o local multiplayer?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:49 am

Racing games are the major culprit I'm aware of. I'm sure there are a handful of FPS type games without local multiplayer as well.

It's really not a widespread problem (yet), but it's also inexcusable.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:55 am

Oh, def. I mean, if it is an MMO type game then I can understand not having local multiplayer because thet would require some significant alteration I would think, but regular multiplayer stuff like fighting games, racing games, puzzle games, and party games should always have local.

Last edited by Reepicheep-chan on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Horse Armor. I only got it as part of the Oblivion GOTY edition and I still felt ripped off.

Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Does Borderlands have local Co-Op? scratch
It does. I've been playing the local co-op a lot.
Back to top Go down
Narrator 1

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm

I'd say Street Fighter X Tekken takes the cake.

50 characters on the disc (55 if you play the PS3/Vita version, which adds Mega Man, Cole, Kuro, Toro, and Pac-Man). 14 of those characters are DLC, and out of those, only two of them are free. For the other 12, you either pay $20 or buy the Vita version and cross-link your PS3 and Vita.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Any and all preorder DLC. It rarely is worth the extra cost of the preorder and usually gets sold to the public later anyway.

Actually, pretty much any preorder/limited edition deal blows, I've never seen one that included anything that justified paying $70-$100 for a game.

Edit: also, funny thing devs do is promise ongoing DLC but they don't really release more than what you could find for other games, they just space it out. I guess this gets people excited over it but after growing up enjoying all the community content for PC games it just seems like a ripoff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Godawful DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godawful DLC   Godawful DLC Empty

Back to top Go down

Godawful DLC
Page 1 of 1