Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook

Go down 
+21
GeorgeUK
Mr.Doobie
Chris91
TheIan
Kirby
WD40
Snake Bandage
Penguin
Aggie
theweirdkind
Lady Anne
Exodia's Right Leg
the asylum
Mikey Go WOOGA
Hawaiian Shirt
rae
Kevin M
myeerah
TheHedonist
grmblfjx
Sakurelf
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:23 pm

That ranks pretty highly in "sentences I never thought I'd write, ever"

So Chick-fil-A has an openly anti-gay stance. Accordingly, Jim Henson has decided to end their toy deal with CFA, and give any proceedings to GLAAD.
However, CFA has put up signs in their restaurants saying that the toys have been recalled due to a "safety issue". Uh-huh.

And now, with all the backlash, they have been caught posing as a teenage girl trying to defend the company. (with a stock photo no less)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh, the age of the internet... Making lying easy and getting caught even easier!
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:27 pm

I saw that. Busted within all of two comments, that's pretty sad ^_^

Good on Jim Henson, though.

Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Wait, didn't Jim Henson die?

Like, years ago?
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Jim Henson Co.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Ah, I see. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 pm

I had to do a double-take when I first saw it, too.
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 pm

I love it when a company tries to quell a PR nightmare with blatant stupidity.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:11 am

brb, laughing forever

Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:00 am

Mmm-mmm. Profits AND biggotry.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:22 am

I'm honestly kind of surprised that they're putting so much into all this traditional family anti-gay bullshit. I mean, I can't think off hand of any other name brand company that is just crossing their arms and sticking their noses in the air. Even if Target didn't really change the way they do things much, they at least pretended.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 pm

^
Why would you be? This man believe stuff, and he's capable of believing it AND making money.

Sooooooo, why would he stop believing it?

What really pisses Mikey off, and you know it's srs bsnz because Mikey has such a wonderful sense of perspective, is this:

Quote :
Show your support for the traditional American family values professed by Christion family owned Chick-fil-A, by taking your family, friends, and colleagues to Chick-fil-A for all three meals

Apparently, the traditional American family is a wife, husband, and two kids that are all fatter than the Queen of Seacows. Colbert
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:36 pm

If you're going to be ferverently homophobic you may as well make some money off of it, huh?
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:07 pm

the asylum wrote:
If you're going to be ferverently homophobic you may as well make some money off of it, huh?
Next step: Klanburgers!
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 pm

the asylum wrote:

You're new to this capitalism thing, aren't you?

If Chick-fil-A wants to be a restaurant for and of douchebags, let them. The GLAAD crew can eat at Zaxby's. It's better anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:40 pm

I love how the CEO of Chick-fil-a keeps going on about the Biblical definition of family. Does Dan Cathy support polygamy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Jon Stewart on the matter:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:19 am

Not everyone can view those videos. Any chance you could link to a site that actually allows non-USAsians to watch them?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:04 am

I've never had a problem viewing the Daily Show online in the UK or here in Korea...
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:21 am

I had no problem watching that clip here in Israel. I think they only block full episodes for non-US viewing.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:06 am

Yeah, I can't see it.

To add to the topic though, Boston has told Chick-Fil-A to sling its hook:

Quote :
You called supporters of gay marriage “prideful”. Here in Boston, to borrow your own words, we are “guilty as charged.” We are indeed full of pride for our support of same sex marriage and our work to expand freedom to all people. We are proud that our state and our city have led the way for the country on equal marriage rights.

[...]

If you are discriminating against a segment of the community, I don’t want you in the 1st Ward

Back to top Go down
Kirby
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kirby

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 pm

But...but I loved their food! ; ; I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to eat it again with a clear conscience. Thankfully, I live in Michigan now, which has a decided lack of Chick-Fil-A's, so I'll be free from temptation.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Chick-fil'A's VP of public relations has died.
It was a heart attack...or so they say. Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook 203843
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:21 am

Lady Anne wrote:
It was a heart attack...or so they say. Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook 203843
I can just smell the conspiracy theorists shitting one out now...
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:54 am

TheIan wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
It was them homersexuals! Wait! No! It was Mark Zuckerberg! No, it was Obama! It was aliens!
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:47 am

Lady Anne wrote:
TheIan wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
It was them homersexuals! Wait! No! It was Mark Zuckerberg! No, it was Obama! It was aliens!

It was Colonel Mustard in the drawing room with a revolver!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook   Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook Empty

Back to top Go down

Chick-fil-A Caught Pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next