Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fifty Shades of Grey

Go down 
+37
Shakeda
EileenK98
Nihilist
Trioculus
The Unoriginal
karmyn31
ScytheK
Exodia's Right Leg
maladroit_mooncalf
StandupShady
Scififiend
Sutremaine
Mikey Go WOOGA
Kirby
Kevin M
The Alien from Uranus
Somath Cegem
Hot Cancer
Penguin
Maximilia
TheHedonist
myeerah
Reidmar
grmblfjx
Reepicheep-chan
Summercorn
WD40
rae
Lurv
Disco Stu
Braigwen
Rabid Badger
TheIan
Mr.Doobie
theweirdkind
Chris91
Snake Bandage
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

from pages 65-66:
Spoiler:

Something about this sets off my bullshit-o-meter, but I don't know enough about take-off and landing procedures to say for certain. Anyone who does know something, care to comment?
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Quote :
I hold my breath. His fingers skillfully stimulating me through the cloth, it’s heavenly, and my hips start moving at their own rhythm, pushing against his hand. As the sensations take over, I tilt my head back, my eyes rolling to the back of my head, my mouth slack, and I groan. The pressure is building slowly, inexorably inside me … oh my.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Adding this to the Drinking Game:

Anytime anyone has 'Just-Fucked Hair'
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:00 pm

rae wrote:
Something about this sets off my bullshit-o-meter, but I don't know enough about take-off and landing procedures to say for certain. Anyone who does know something, care to comment?

It's entirely bullshit.

Quote :
“Okay, tower.

This is not how you call ATC.

Quote :
PDX this is

You do not call an airport by its IATA code either. You would be calling Portland Tower.

Quote :
Charlie Tango Golf – Golf Echo Hotel, cleared for take-off. Please confirm, over.”

Sooo apparently this helicopter's registration number is NCTGGEH. While the N is typically left out while communicating in the US (all civilian aircraft's registration numbers start with N in the US), it has to contain some, you know, NUMBERS. From Wikipedia:

Quote :
In the United States, the registration number is also referred to as an "N-number", as all aircraft registered there have a number starting with N. An alphanumeric system is used because of the large numbers of aircraft registered in the United States. An N-number may only consist of one to five characters, must start with a digit other than zero, and cannot end in a run of more than two letters. In addition, N-numbers may not contain the letters I or O, due to their similarities with the numerals 1 and 0.

The second major issue in just one line is that you never ever ever ever say something like, "cleared for take-off, please confirm." The only, ONLY people who get to say "cleared for takeoff" is air traffic control. The only people who get to use the word "take-off" are ATC, which is then repeated back to ensure understanding. I'm trying to find my ground school textbook right now, but it should be more like:

"Mustang Four One Six Juliet Mike, Portland Tower, cleared for takeoff runway 10R."
"Portland Tower, Mustang Four One Six Juliet Mike, cleared for takeoff runway 10R."

If the pilot is unsure of what he just heard, the correct thing to say is simply "say again," not "cleared for takeoff, please confirm."

If all of this seems oddly specific and strict, there is a reason for it.

Quote :
“Charlie Tango - you are clear.

Again, no. Although it's fairly common to shorten aircraft numbers with aircraft you've been actively communicating with for awhile, you go with the last three, not the first two. And "you are clear" is not something ATC would say.

Quote :
PDX to call,

I'm pretty sure this is just made-up gibberish at this point.

Quote :
proceed to one four thousand,

what

It's a fucking helicopter, right? 14,000 feet is higher than the service ceilings of most of them. 14,000 feet is higher than a Bell 206 JetRanger's by 500 feet. 14,000 and up is getting into huge, really fucking expensive helicopter territory.

The kind that would be a lot more impressive to have a pilot fly for you so you can have fun in the back rather than demonstrate your flying... "skills."

Quote :
heading zero one zero, over. ”

Well, at least they're actually heading north..

Quote :
“Roger tower, Charlie Tango set,

"Set?" The fuck?

Quote :
over and out.

Quote :
Here we go,” he adds to me, and the helicopter rises slowly and smoothly into the air.

Heheh, yeah, okay.

Quote :
“PDX this is Charlie Tango now at one four thousand, over.” He exchanges information with air traffic control. It all sounds very professional to me.

Funny, it sounds very amateurish to me. Once you leave an airport's airspace they no longer give any kind of fuck about you unless you're specifically asking them for additional information or help.

Quote :
I think we’re moving from Portland’s air space to Seattle International Airport’s.

I'll bet she doesn't even know what Sea-Tac is short for.

Quote :
“Understood Sea-Tac,

So he's calling Portland "PDX" but he's calling Sea-Tac "Sea-Tac" as opposed to "SEA"?

MAKE UP YOUR MIND IDIOT

Quote :
standing by

Standing by for WHAT?

Quote :
over and out.”

Quote :
We ride into the dark night in silence for a while. The bright spot that is Seattle is slowly getting bigger.

Wait, so... you're in a beautiful region like the Pacific Northwest, flying up the Cascades, high enough to probably see Mount Rainier... and you're doing it at night, when you can't see jack shit. Moron.

Quote :
“Sea-Tac tower to Charlie Tango. Flight plan to Escala in place.

This is NOT how flight plans work. You file a flight plan before take-off. It's basically a heads-up saying where and when you expect to be flying, and when you expect to be done flying. When you are done flying, you call in to close your flight plan. If you don't close your flight plan, Search and Rescue starts looking for you along your posted flight plan. Incidentally, filing a flight plan is optional.

Also, Escala? He's going to fucking fly this thing to France?

Why is Sea-Tac talking to him about this?

Quote :
Please proceed. And standby. Over.”

"Please go ahead and wait a minute."

What

Quote :
“This is Charlie Tango, understood Sea-Tac.

You do? Good, because I sure fucking don't.

Quote :
Standing by, over and out.”

Back to top Go down
Scififiend

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:30 pm

rae wrote:
I think a trip to Barnes and Noble is in order.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:03 am

Penguin, you have no idea how I've been longing to see you rip the shit out of that gibberish. Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 831506
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:23 am

I'm glad you just tore that apart, Penguin. I had to read that part and had no fucking clue if it was accurate or just gibberish.

Also, we get really side-tracked when reading this book. I just cut out 10 minutes of mindless conversation... ABOUT THE WEATHER. See? The weather is more interesting than Fifty Shades of Grey!

Chapter 4 with rae, theweirdkind, Braigwen, and Somath.

Last edited by theweirdkind on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Geez... my mic picks up everything. EVERYTHING!

I meant to post this earlier...

I imagine this when Ana mentions her Inner Goddess.

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 am

From Hollywood Reporter

Quote :
One woman -- apparently also a fan of the books -- has used scientific photo composite software to create a mug shot of the sexy sadist.

A British professor, University of Central Lancashire's (UCLan) Dr. Faye Skelton, used various parts of male celebrities faces based on female readers descriptions of the book’s protagonist.

Seems most of the women included male star’s names in their fantasy ideas of Grey. So, Skelton cobbled together hair from Channing Tatum and Brad Pitt, the new face of Chanel,, eyes from Patrick Dempsey, Johnny Depp, recently named the CFDA's 2012 Fashion Icon, the face shape of Armani underwear poster boy David Beckham, a nose like Chris Hemsworth, Beckham and Pitt’s jawlines, and finally, and inexplicably, Val Kilmer’s lips.

Dr. Skelton used efit, a software used by the British police to create composites of criminals.

So it's actually a composite of a bunch of women's jilling fantasy of Grey, rather than his actual description in the book (what little there is).

But, hey... Here he is: (Spoilered for being very erotic)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Is it just me or he's not very sexy at all?
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
Is it just me or he's not very sexy at all?

Not just you.
Back to top Go down
StandupShady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
StandupShady

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:27 pm

That is hideous.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Are we on for Friday?
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Either Friday or Saturday are good for me.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Chapter 5 with rae, theweirdkind, and Braigwen.

Last edited by theweirdkind on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:17 am

I won't be able to make it, unless you guys are still going when I get home from work. :< But! I'll be able to make it next week, assuming shit doesn't go sideways.
Back to top Go down
maladroit_mooncalf
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
maladroit_mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:10 am

Shocked He actually gets upset at her coming to breakfast with wet hair? I'd give the boy fits, dryers don't even go near my hair in winter if it can be at all avoided.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 pm

I've edited down Chapter 6, if you want me to send it to you, Weirdy.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Braigwen wrote:

I already have up to Chapter 9 edited, but thank you for the offer. Smile
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:06 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Braigwen wrote:

Awesome... because Audacity hates me.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 am

Doesn't look like I can make it this week.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:30 am

Exercise's over. What time is being shot for?
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:37 am

I'm free this evening if ya wants me, and this time I'll not be training a Dragonite
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:32 am

Looks like I'm going to be busy this evening as well. I won't be able to make it.

Braigwen wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Braigwen wrote:

Awesome... because Audacity hates me.

Audacity really isn't a great program to edit on.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:37 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
I'm free this evening if ya wants me, and this time I'll not be training a Dragonite
They're my favorites. I Gamesharked my Pokémon Yellow to hell so I could start with a Dratini.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fifty Shades of Grey   Fifty Shades of Grey - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fifty Shades of Grey
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next