Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages

Go down 
+11
rae
Aggie
Lady Anne
Penguin
Mr.Doobie
grmblfjx
GamemasterAnthony
Cyberwulf
WD40
Sakurelf
Rabid Badger
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages Empty
PostSubject: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:01 am

Also Bounced Up and Down on It

Whoo Boy

Quote :
A UK woman, Jullia Lovemore, 41, admitted to the manslaughter of her 6 week old daughter in court stemming from an incident in 2009. Lovemore has been in the custody of the state for three years prior to her latest courtroom appearance. She now awaits the punishment for smothering her child to death.

When the child was discovered dead, it was found to have pages of the bible in its mouth and throat. The mother admits to blocking the airways of the less than two month old child's mouth. She said, "I sat in my bedroom and I was ripping pages out of my Bible. I put some small bits of paper in Faith's mouth and she spat them out."

Many sources have reported the mother describing sitting on the child, and then bouncing up and down. She says she does not know why she did this and that she "got bipolar." Quite an excuse for someone who admitted to taking the life of a child

This apparently shouldn't come as much of a surprise:

Quote :
She is married to David Lovemore, and both have a history of psychosis and mental illness. They are both also known religious fanatics.

It is now believed that when social workers arrived at the house the child was already dead. They say David Lovemore was in a full blown psychotic state, praying loudly and screaming for someone to "take the devil out of Julia."

Julia Lovemore has had a history of psychotic episodes going back as far as 1995. She will continue to be held in custody until she is sentenced. As of this writing a date has not been set for sentencing.

Ah yes, the old 'blame the Devil for it' defense. Don't they know it's nigh well impossible to get Old Scratch to show up in court?

I'm still trying to figure out why it's taken them three years to charge this woman with murder. She's obviously mentally ill, but I'm not sure that excuses her actions. If it was known they both had psychiatric problems, why weren't they on medication?
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 am

Cart before the horse, badge. People with psychosis, schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder take to religion like drunks to alcohol. Especially those who aren't fond of meds. One sip of Jesus cures them right up... until it doesn't. And of course they join the most fanatical church, where everyone else believes that praying can out-pray meds, and that Nothing Bad Can Happen.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:42 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out why it's taken them three years to charge this woman with murder.

It didn't - it took three years to prove she was sane when she committed the act. Insane people can't do murder under UK law, neither can children or certain people under particular circumstances (provocation, self defence). It's only murder if the murderer can understand that it's murder. Otherwise it's manslaughter or gross/criminal negligence.

Quote :
She's obviously mentally ill, but I'm not sure that excuses her actions.

It can excuse them, mad people do mad things. What it can't do is explain them - But I think that's pretty much what you mean.

Quote :
If it was known they both had psychiatric problems, why weren't they on medication?

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. She probably was given medication, but didn't take it.

Clearly she was judged as being low-risk. She was allowed to keep her child, wasn't she? And UK child services are not delicate when it comes to child safety.

Really, you can only force medication on someone when they've been sectioned.

I don't think anyone could have predicted this, and this seems to be the consensus. If there was any concern, they'd be investigations into social services. The BBC isn't following up on this story at all, and the Daily Mail (Who love beating down the communist social services that only waste taxpayer money by spending it on poor, sick, unemployed people and their obviously feral teenagers) printed the initial story back on '10 but haven't updated.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:50 am

WD40 wrote:

It can excuse them, mad people do mad things. What it can't do is explain them - But I think that's pretty much what you mean.
I think you might have that the wrong way around.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:58 am

You know, I've heard of certain Christians using the Bible as a weapon to hurt others...but this has to be the first time I've seen it done literally!
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:32 am

Quote :
Quite an excuse for someone who admitted to taking the life of a child

Ahhh, quality journalism.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:36 am

I'm pretty sure there are at least 10 horror movies that end with this exact same scenario.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:43 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
WD40 wrote:

*reads again*

scratch

*Reads again*

I... I'm not even sure what I was trying to say there...

Huh...

This post brought to you by: A hangover.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 am

Insanity doesn't excuse someone's actions. It's not okay just because they're crazy. The fact that they're crazy explains why they did something crazy, though.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 am

WD40 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
WD40 wrote:

*reads again*

scratch

*Reads again*

I... I'm not even sure what I was trying to say there...

Huh...

This post brought to you by: A hangover.
I get where you were going - the madness explains the "why" but doesn't absolve her, morally.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
I get where you were going - the madness explains the "why" but doesn't absolve her, morally.

Penguin wrote:
Insanity doesn't excuse someone's actions. It's not okay just because they're crazy. The fact that they're crazy explains why they did something crazy, though.

Yeah. Those are good. Let's go with those. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
Cart before the horse, badge. People with psychosis, schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder take to religion like drunks to alcohol. Especially those who aren't fond of meds. One sip of Jesus cures them right up... until it doesn't. And of course they join the most fanatical church, where everyone else believes that praying can out-pray meds, and that Nothing Bad Can Happen.
I wonder if that explains Tom Cruise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Penguin wrote:

Are we still talking about the woman or WD40's drunken post now? Razz
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:14 am

Sakurelf wrote:
People with psychosis, schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder take to religion like drunks to alcohol. Especially those who aren't fond of meds.

This so much. I had an aunt who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia. When she was on her meds, she was Christian and went to church every Sunday, but she was not a Jesusfreak. However, as a consequence of her schizophrenia, she would sometimes decide that she was 'cured' and stop taking her meds or they would just stop working as they should. At that point, she would start calling my mother and her other sisters to tell them that her husband is Satan. As in literally Satan himself, and she had 'proof' of this that she was all too happy to share. Also, he was trying to poison her. Also, the Japanese had captured my grandfather as a POW and she can't find him. Also... well, a lot of things. She never actually physically harmed anyone badly (I think she may have decked her husband a few times? It's been a long time and I don't remember well), but one could see how that might occur given that she was genuinely fearful of being murdered.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:11 pm

rae wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:
People with psychosis, schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder take to religion like drunks to alcohol. Especially those who aren't fond of meds.

This so much. I had an aunt who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia. When she was on her meds, she was Christian and went to church every Sunday, but she was not a Jesusfreak. However, as a consequence of her schizophrenia, she would sometimes decide that she was 'cured' and stop taking her meds or they would just stop working as they should. At that point, she would start calling my mother and her other sisters to tell them that her husband is Satan. As in literally Satan himself, and she had 'proof' of this that she was all too happy to share. Also, he was trying to poison her. Also, the Japanese had captured my grandfather as a POW and she can't find him. Also... well, a lot of things. She never actually physically harmed anyone badly (I think she may have decked her husband a few times? It's been a long time and I don't remember well), but one could see how that might occur given that she was genuinely fearful of being murdered.

Also a lot of people with severe mental disorders can not trust the drugs that are given to them, my family is filled to the brim with crazies (myself included) and we've gotten so use to telling people "Oh no the doctor isn't trying to kill you. We checked and made sure using the internet." that it's become rather sad.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:19 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
rae wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:

Also a lot of people with severe mental disorders can not trust the drugs that are given to them, my family is filled to the brim with crazies (myself included) and we've gotten so use to telling people "Oh no the doctor isn't trying to kill you. We checked and made sure using the internet." that it's become rather sad.
I have an uncle who is paranoid schizophrenic. He doesn't trust doctors and dentists and is convinced his neighbor is trying to kill him with a "heart attack machine". He might benefit from medication, but he's so paranoid that he won't go to a doctor to have it prescribed, and even if forced to go, might not comply with taking the medication. He was doing better for a while when he was smoking marijuana, but when it wasn't legalized in California as he'd expected, he pulled out his marijuana garden and stopped smoking it--and he's too paranoid to go to a doctor who can legally prescribe it for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:
rae wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:

I have an uncle who is paranoid schizophrenic. He doesn't trust doctors and dentists and is convinced his neighbor is trying to kill him with a "heart attack machine". He might benefit from medication, but he's so paranoid that he won't go to a doctor to have it prescribed, and even if forced to go, might not comply with taking the medication. He was doing better for a while when he was smoking marijuana, but when it wasn't legalized in California as he'd expected, he pulled out his marijuana garden and stopped smoking it--and he's too paranoid to go to a doctor who can legally prescribe it for him.

My mother's father was like that before he died. And let's just say... he was not a nice man to begin with. The things he did to his wife and kids. I would rather not think about it.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Quote :
"Oh no the doctor isn't trying to kill you. We checked and made sure using the internet."

Saying that automatically makes one insane. Because what you just said was "This trained professional isn't trying to harm you, really! We double checked with anonymous, drooling morons and they backed him up!" Razz
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 am

Not if you're doing that in order to reassure other drooling morons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages   Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages Empty

Back to top Go down

Insane Christian Woman Suffocates Six Week Old Baby With Bible Pages
Page 1 of 1